Old 09-12-2015, 11:18 PM   #16  

I completely understand! You have to have things around you can easily grab or else you'll end up cheating! Or maybe thats just me...

Here's the recipe I use:
This recipe is for 6 muffins but I often double it for 12

6 Tbsp oat brain
5 Tbsp nonfat greek yogurt (I use Oikos plain)
2 eggs
1/4 Cup splenda (If you use an artificially flavored yogurt like vanilla you may not need splenda)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp cinnamon
optional: 1/2 tsp nutmeg

Mix together, pour in nonstick muffin pan, and bake at 350 for 15 minutes. I never measure things exactly so mine always turn out a little different. It's super easy and takes literally 2 minutes to make.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Muffin500.jpeg (55.1 KB, 5 views)
mauvila13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 12:53 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 130/108/104

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by omarosa47 View Post
mauvila13 - Thanks for the advice. It's so stupid, but I just can't motivate myself to make the muffin in a mug every day. I can be so lazy! Is there a specific recipe that you use?
Also, here are some recipes I use to get my Oat bran in daily. Just don't eat all of them, or that would be too much. Also oat bran in yogurt sweetened with stevia is a super simple snack.

Dukan Bread
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/471189179742213247/

Chocolate Molten lava cake (be careful, it it too good)
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/471189179741503834/

The classic Oat bran pancake/galette (you can freeze them too)
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/471189179741350825/

Tuna patties
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/471189179741350617/

White fish fillets with herbed oat bran crust
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/471189179741350455/

Mini turkey meatloaf muffins (makes 12) my favorite!!!
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/471189179741350343/

I will sometimes double a recipe for leftovers and will just cook everything on the weekend and stick it in tupperware for the week.
chubbysmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 10:22 PM   #18  

I haven't seen some of those recipes before. Definitely will be trying a few!
Old 09-14-2015, 11:34 AM   #19  

Chubbysmall - are you down 16 lbs with this diet in just a few weeks??? Thats amazing! Because you didn't have much to lose!

I had a really bad day yesterday. Was going through the worst of a cold and decided to have crackers with my soup...which then turned into chips, which then turned into candy, which then turned into ice cream. Really?? I haven't eaten like that since I was pregnant. I always seem to self sabotage when I'm dieting.

BUT...I'm back on track. The scale read 172.5 this morning (up 1.5 lbs). My goal is to weigh 169 by this Friday when I start a new temporary job so I'm going to go for it. I'll be working out and mainly eating protein until then because I'm very determined!
Old 09-14-2015, 11:42 AM   #20  

Oh, I just saw your first post was from July. But still!!! Thats impressive
Old 09-14-2015, 03:56 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 225/204/130

Height: 5'3"

mauvila13 - It's important to remember that when you see a drastic weight gain overnight that it is most likely water weight. Not that a slip up it a good thing, but your whole diet is not ruined. Just like one salad won't make you lose weight, one serving of something bad won't make you gain it. Good luck on 169 by friday!
omarosa47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 05:52 PM   #22  

Yeah I know. It still is disheartening to see, even though in my head I know it is just water weight. Thats actually one thing I really love about this diet. I have done Atkins and found that I really can't cheat on that diet or I literally will not lose any weight. I did it for 3 weeks pretty strictly and lost maybe 2 lbs.

With Dukan I've had many slip ups and the pounds keep coming off. Its great and so motivating!
Old 09-14-2015, 09:04 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauvila13 View Post
Yeah I know. It still is disheartening to see, even though in my head I know it is just water weight. Thats actually one thing I really love about this diet. I have done Atkins and found that I really can't cheat on that diet or I literally will not lose any weight. I did it for 3 weeks pretty strictly and lost maybe 2 lbs.

With Dukan I've had many slip ups and the pounds keep coming off. Its great and so motivating!
I started Dukan in July and I am still working the 2nd phase, Cruise phase. I can't argue with results, so as long as I keep finding interesting recipes and the food tastes good, I will stick with it.
Old 09-15-2015, 02:10 PM   #24  

So I went and got a gym membership finally. I have an elliptical in my basement and have used it many times, but I'm just never motivated. Plus, my gym offers one of my favorite things...zumba! I just love it. An hour goes by so fast and I get so drenched! An added bonus is that the zumba teacher is probably the best I've been to yet. She's an amazing dancer.

Score for exercise! Always keeps me more motivated to eat right.
Old 09-15-2015, 08:39 PM   #25  

Quote:
So I went and got a gym membership finally. I have an elliptical in my basement and have used it many times, but I'm just never motivated. Plus, my gym offers one of my favorite things...zumba! I just love it. An hour goes by so fast and I get so drenched! An added bonus is that the zumba teacher is probably the best I've been to yet. She's an amazing dancer.

Score for exercise! Always keeps me more motivated to eat right.
Good for you! It's always great to find an activity that benefits your health and you get excited about!
Old 09-24-2015, 03:58 PM   #26  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Hello Everyone

chubbysmall I looked up some of the recipes thank you. I think it I had had those the last time I may have stuck with it and not messed up

I am new to all of you but not new to Dukan. I was on the Dukan thread in August of 2011. I went back to read over some things and also looked back at MFP to see what I had done. It appears that I had some really great days then the holiday and a visit with family out of town that gave me a 9+lb gain and I fell off the wagon and never looked back. So here I am to give it a try again.

I went on the Dukan site and it says to do ..

~3 days on Attack which will give me a loss of -2.6lbs
~81 days on Cruise which will give me a loss of -23.2lbs

and my ideal weight is 147.1 according to the site

yesterday I just ate like I was supposed to with no junk food, got on the treadmill for 31 minutes and had a whoosh of -3.4. So today I weighed in at 172.8

Last edited by love2b150; 09-24-2015 at 04:50 PM.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 08:07 PM   #27  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Quote:
I completely understand! You have to have things around you can easily grab or else you'll end up cheating! Or maybe thats just me...

Here's the recipe I use:
This recipe is for 6 muffins but I often double it for 12

6 Tbsp oat brain
5 Tbsp nonfat greek yogurt (I use Oikos plain)
2 eggs
1/4 Cup splenda (If you use an artificially flavored yogurt like vanilla you may not need splenda)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp cinnamon
optional: 1/2 tsp nutmeg

Mix together, pour in nonstick muffin pan, and bake at 350 for 15 minutes. I never measure things exactly so mine always turn out a little different. It's super easy and takes literally 2 minutes to make.
I made these tonight. They smell really good. My daughter said they smell like yams . I hope they taste good. Can I have them on Attack? I should have asked before I made them huh?? and my batch made 7.

ETA: I just realized I forgot the splenda ... oops, hope they taste ok

Last edited by love2b150; 09-24-2015 at 08:11 PM.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 02:14 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 225/204/130

Height: 5'3"

Hello again!

Being back at school has been really tough on me in terms of the diet. I've been cheating left and right, but I have made it my mission to get back on track. I know that on this diet there is no calorie counting, but I was planning on using myfitnesspal to track my macros and calories for the next few days to hold myself accountable. So I have done lots of research but haven't been able to find any recommendations about how many of each macro is recommended each day. Does anybody have any ideas for numbers? I don't need anything exact just something to shoot for. Also, would you recommend doing a quick attack, I was thinking maybe 3 or 4 days? Thanks in advance!
omarosa47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 09:57 PM   #29  

love2b150 - yeah the splenda might make a big difference if your yogurt didn't have any sweetener. During attack I had 1.5 muffins (yes, I would literally cut a muffin in half) but during cruise you can have 2 muffins.

Overall I too have had a crazy stressful week. I work 16 days straight and just finished day #9. When you work that much its just so hard to find time to go to the grocery store! I have found that buying a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store which is already cooked and I can pick on for a few days has been wonderful! But I must admit that I have been cheating as well and really need to get back on track! I have big things coming up and want to look great!
Old 09-27-2015, 11:46 AM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by omarosa47 View Post
Hello again!

Being back at school has been really tough on me in terms of the diet. I've been cheating left and right, but I have made it my mission to get back on track. I know that on this diet there is no calorie counting, but I was planning on using myfitnesspal to track my macros and calories for the next few days to hold myself accountable. So I have done lots of research but haven't been able to find any recommendations about how many of each macro is recommended each day. Does anybody have any ideas for numbers? I don't need anything exact just something to shoot for. Also, would you recommend doing a quick attack, I was thinking maybe 3 or 4 days? Thanks in advance!
In my experience part of Dukan is not getting involved in numbers/macros. I think the idea is you eat what you are allowed until satisfaction. That being said, I prob range from 1000-1200 calories on attack (just a guesstimate).

A quick attack or 3-4 PP days is a great way to compensate for a binge or getting back on track. I usually see a loss right after.

A typical PP (pure protein day) looks like this for me:

Breakfast:
2 smoked salmon egg muffins
coffee with stevia/nonfat milk

Mid-Morning Snack:
Chocolate oat bran muffin

Lunch:
2 turkey meatloaf muffins or 2 tuna patties

Mid-Afternoon snack:
hard boiled egg or turkey meatballs

Dinner:
chicken fried shiritaki rice or chicken/fish dish

Dessert:
Non fat plain yogurt sweetened with stevia/oat bran or a Dukan friendly dessert recipe. If I am still full from dinner, I don't have anything.

I intersperse daily hot teas (green, ginger, chamomile, pumpkin spice chai) throughout the day as I find hot liquids help me stay "full". I also make sure I drink a glass of water before each meal.