3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Carb Counters > Other Reduced Carb Diets

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 01:20 PM   #256

Yesterday:

B: Tuna salad, ate lite
L: Kraut burger (bare naked), onion rings, water
S: Choc Truffle cake (1/2 pc) coffee
D: nuts

Early to bed.

Sunday morning measurements, 3 lbs off and 2 inches. I am happy, and I feel it was not due to being sick, because I drank a lot of water during the day Saturday and ate plenty. So I feel good about this. I feel good overall, and it is a slow process, which I think is good.

Today we mowed the yard, I walked 6990 steps with a hand mower, not self propelled and not all flat ground, I looked it up and it says 170 calories burned, that was disappointing, but I know it did my heart good.

Team, what Fitbit do I want, I would like to track sleep and I would like one that I wear on my wrist, but doesn't look like I have one. Suggestions.

Mars and Mary: nurses, wow, you guys are awesome. I appreciate you and your knowledge and hearts. I work as a health benefits coordinator, so now you know why I have stress at work, health insurance - never ending challenge.

Rennie: you are a busy mom with your family, my hat goes off to you and through all that, it is so hard to care good care of yourself because they come first. Treats at work are a real interesting story, we have a wellness incentive at work, and I talk to my boss about limiting the treats that are brought in. I meant people go over board, I suggested a birthday cake day once a month to cover everyone's birthday for that month instead of so many days of party ville and eat a thons. Didn't go over. I learned a long time ago that you can not tell people what they can eat, but you could help guide them. I have employees that are diabetic and they will tell me they take an extra pill on treat days. Really. (I can pass on these things because I know it is in excess, and I do pretty good.)

Bewildered: I go bun less all the time, I hear comments, well do you want chips instead or potato skins, no, nothing extra and they bring the food and yep, they add chips. I use to watch my DH and say, wow you have french fries, and a bun, you don't have to eat all that. But he is catching on. Without a bun you have room for a salad.

Hope everyone has a good weekend, we are all doing good. I am going to go make a smoothie for lunch (use up some kale!!)

Jac: What's this I hear you are eating pizza donuts!!!! It could be a new flavor! I say whatever works. And I think it is great that you are able to go back in time and look at how you did before when watching carbs, holds you accountable and reminds you of what you may have wanted to do different.
Old 07-26-2015, 02:29 PM   #257

S/C/G: 217/203/175

Height: 5'3

Chickadeee, the Fitbits worn on the wrist are Flex and Charge. Flex runs around $99 and Charge is around $129. For the $30 difference, the Charge does so much more. As far as not looking like a Fitbit, you can get covers to go over them, generic and on Fitbit Website. The best one looks like a gold bracelet, but is pricy.

I got the Fitbit One because I didn't want it on my wrist. I have never tracked sleep with it because someone told me that what it actually does is track movement while your sleeping. You can be wide awake but if you lie very still, it thinks your asleep. The Charge might work differently.

I don't know if I'm allowed to post these links.

https://www.fitbit.com/store

https://www.fitbit.com/toryburch

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 07-26-2015 at 02:33 PM.
Old 07-26-2015, 02:36 PM   #258
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/197.2~GW 141

Oh my goodness you all talk to much ... geesh

Jacqui, I'm not a fan of pizza crust anyway unless it's dipped in a garlic butter (Papa John's) and my daughter taught me last year to make pizza without the crust on a plate, well I watched make what I thought was gonna be a mess and it turned out and tasted really good LOL you're welcome on the suggestion for carb day GO Jacqui, I'm seeing 191 by month's end or with a nice whoosh how about a new decade 189 ... you can do it

LOL Carol Sue, that's what I said, talk talk talk. If we miss a day catch up would be hard to do Yep I've noticed that with those magazines but I'm so picky most of the things in those (look) delicious treats I won't/don't eat. Carol Sue Walmart carries it already cubed butternut squash down near the bagged greens. Aw Carol Sue, I bet if you went shopping you'd find some really nice slacks or jeans without elastic and look great Carol Sue, if the fitbit is like my gear, you have to TURN ON the sleep feature, so you wouldn't do that until you are in the bed. I would hope it just doesn't assume you are sleeping and go into sleep mode. And yes it does tell you how much restful (without movement) sleep you get. I do a lot of tossing and turning. I have only had a few nights of almost 85% restful sleep. I'm not sure why

Mars, 5 years is long enough , but I get what you're saying. I have a medium frame. Wait, what hair? I didn't see any pictures on Jacqui's post? Did I miss something Mars I know you didn't go to the grocery store without eating first!? That is a definite we always want everything when we do that. It's good that you had the discipline to put some things back. I probably would have been rushing to check out so I could eat it in the car (ha, who am I kidding, I'd be eating it on the way to the car ) LOL on the chromosome thing You've got that right regarding women's clothing

Mary, my TOM is hit or miss now and it can be the same as yours. In April it was like I was a kid again messing up my clothes it was so heavy.

Bewildered, hopefully they are gone Well I'm banking on 51 Definitely don't allow the scale to depress you. Your whoosh is coming Water has done that to me so that could be it also. I have found that once my body gets use to drinking a ton of water again I don't go to the bathroom as much. SO it could be just you haven't let out enough yet

Thanks Chicky and on the inches, the lbs and the steps, GO YOU It use to blow my mind when I would spend 5 hours mowing the yard and the burn was low. I looked it up on something and it said the same thing that someone else said on here, you aren't really walking at a great enough pace to get the cardio in that you (we) feel like we are. It has to be steady and consistent. It's just crazy Wow, that's crazy on the diabetic people taking an extra pill. I don't want to take what I have to take. I am surely not gonna take any extras

Last edited by love2b150; 07-26-2015 at 02:43 PM.
Old 07-26-2015, 02:48 PM   #259
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/197.2~GW 141

Week 01: High 175.5, Low 171.5, -4.0

7/10 ~ 175.5
7/11 ~ 174.2 (-1.3)
7/12 ~ 173.2 (-1.0)
7/13 ~ 172.2 (-1.0) only .3 lower than where I started 7/1 and 1.5 higher than on 7/3
7/14 ~ 171.7 (-0.5) LTTOM
7/15 ~ 172.1 (+0.4) TOM
7/16 ~ 171.5 (-0.6) TOM

Week 02: High 175.3, Low 169.9, -5.4

7/17 ~ 171.2 (-0.3) LTTOM
7/18 ~ 173.8 (+2.6)
7/19 ~ 173.9 (+0.1)
7/20 ~ 175.3 (+2.4)
7/21 ~ 174.1 (-1.2)
7/22 ~ 171.7 (-2.4)
7/23 ~ 169.9 (-1.8)

Week 03: High ???.?, Low ???.?,

7/24 ~ 169.8 (-0.1)
7/25 ~ 170.5 (+0.7)
7/26 ~ 169.6 (-0.9)
7/27 ~
7/28 ~
7/29 ~
7/30 ~

Today's Meals:
Breakfast:
2 eggs, w/sharp cheddar
1 turkey sausage patty
30oz water

Lunch:
12 blue crabs, a lot of steamed shrimp
20oz water

Snack:
3 mini York Peppermint Patties/1 fun size 3 Musketeers

Dinner:
chicken salad

Last edited by love2b150; 07-26-2015 at 02:58 PM.
Old 07-26-2015, 03:15 PM   #260

ok Jac, I want to see the new hair cut. I have almost shoulder length hair and I want a short cut. I hate looking my age, but my hair drives me crazy.

So, let's see the new do!!!
Old 07-26-2015, 04:08 PM   #261

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Chickadeee, lol, I didn't cut it short. I cut it almost up to the top of my shoulders and added layers and bangs, which I haven't decided if I like or not. I suppose that it's considered medium length but for me it's short. Right now I have it all pulled back because I'm about to exercise, but once I wash and style it, I'll shoot you a PM with it. It won't help you since you want short hair, but you'll be able to see what I've done. And no, I didn't have pizza doughnuts, lol! That sounds like a recipe you might be able to come up with though!

Rennie, did you see the 3FC link I posted to that old "Dear Me" thread? If you scroll down the 1st page of that, you'll see my post and the pics that show the length of my hair back then. That's also the length it was a week ago. I just cut it, so it's shorter now. Oh, I would love to be 191 or less by the end of the month but I don't think there's enough time for that, but I can hope!

*See my modified Slow Carb Diet plan @ Carb-Sensitive Dieting (Thread 5)

GOAL: 164 lbs, Normal Weight (BMI)
MAINTENANCE GOAL: Keep slow-carbing!

= 10 lbs lost; = 5 lbs lost: _____
"A year from now, what will I wish I had done today?" -- Unknown Author

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 07-26-2015 at 04:09 PM.
Old 07-26-2015, 05:39 PM   #262

Chickadeee, congrats on being 3 lbs down and 2 inches off! That is awesome!!!

Old 07-26-2015, 09:28 PM   #263
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

Chickadee- I have a fitbit flex. I got mine from eBay for $50...if you do go that route, make sure there is a charger and a dongle. You can buy extra flex bands for $1 shipped, but they are not name brand. The charge does more but I really just wanted a step counter. The ones you wear on your waist...well they just popped off my pants waist or pocket, especially when i bent. It would reset the darn thing. I probably would have been fine with a basic pedometer but it's fun to have the bluetooth so I can check my phone. It also checks your "active" minutes...so for example I have almost 10000 steps today, but only 38 active minutes. Those minutes were when I was walking briskly with my sons after dinner. The other steps just walking to car, fixing dinner etc did not count as active minutes. I think Carol Sue is the one whose doc said to walk for her heart...well you can check make sure you get however many active minutes you need in pursuit of the 10k steps. It is about 5 miles I think to get 10k.

Rennie- yup I had an emergency at church today LOL- had to leave in between Sunday School and service and get some emergency supplies because my car and purse were emptied. This is why you shouldn't clean your car LOL

Jacqui- way to go! And on carb day no less!

Bewildered- keep going strong. You're doing great.

Mars- when I graduate nursing school you will have to give me the name of those shoes again. I went through so many "pure white" shoes trying to find a comfortable pair. I love my flip flops!!! I finally ended up with THE ugliest pair of New Balance EVER! They are so ugly they are even medicare approved for diabetic patients. If you can get a prescription for it, chances are it is not attractive footwear LOL

I did well today, I think. I have a starch and fruit left to eat but I think I will leave them be. Not hungry.

Sorry to those I missed on the previous page! My memory is not that good.

We get to go wait at the Honda dealership tomorrow for them to look at my microphone for bluetooth. It screams at people. They have a starbucks machine, old school arcade games, hot cocoa, water fountain, and air conditioner. Last time we carried UNO too. I am going to pack lots of food in case I need it. It's kind of an awesome place if you are gonna have to wait! I just hope I don't get hungry enough to go off plan. I gotta take my baby to the boot store for come green cowboy boots...like his 4th or 5th pair of green cowboy boots. If you wanted brown cowboy boots, they would have green in the clearance bin for $20. If you want green cowboy boots, you will have to travel to 4-5 stores to find them and then pay like $90 for them when the brown ones are $50. Texas people problems LOL
Old 07-26-2015, 10:14 PM   #264
maintaining since 9/2013

Way to go chickadeee! Wow! Isn't it nice when you feel like you are smaller AND the scale agrees? That's a great drop. If you don't mind my asking, how do you measure yourself? I've been wanting to do that & haven't settled on where to measure. Thanks for the kind words re nursing--I couldn't do my job if you weren't doing yours!

I thought it was normal to move a lot in your sleep. There are studies in which people are filmed during sleep and they moved a lot. Some times I wake up in the same position I went to sleep in and worry that I didn't move enough. Here's a concise article (from a newspaper):
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...re-asleep.html

Mary If you have myfitnesspal on your mobile phone, you can set it up to track your steps. My phone came with another app too, HealthData, which also counts stair flights. They both come up with very similar numbers on a given day.
Lol re shoes, yes the good ones are often the ugly ones. Naot brand makes really good support shoes that look nice, but they aren't cheap! I wore white NurseMates shoes for years until they change the sole. Then I had to spend a lot of time looking for a new go-to. Sounds like your little guy really likes green Cowboy boots!

Our Honda dealership has the best espresso in town & it's free, but that's it. Have fun in there

Rennie You are down this week--Yayyy YOU! I think you are doing great. It's hard to juggle all of the things you do to take care of your family & also take care of yourself & WOE. I salute you! Hope you are getting some good rest now. I enjoy your thoughtful comments very much but it's okay to do just a check in when tired or busy

Jacqui re hair, all I can say is be careful what you wish for! I always had high maintenance, naturally frizzy hair that was very thick. Now it's just high maintenance and frizzy.

Carol Sue Oh wow how I would love to visit that Dairy Queen! I used to like their chili on a bun.

Bewildered Whole Foods is based in Texas, so maybe the prices will be a little better. Here they are known as Whole Paycheck, but they have lovely local produce. I like to shop there because they will take any returns, no questions asked. So you can try things out like supplements, etc. without getting stuck with them. Sending you whoosh wishes tomorrow!

Here's today:
B Veggie omelet, whey shake
L Salad with chicken, vegs (tossed the portobellas--they looked past due)
D Turkey chili, roasted butternut squash,cauliflower, red onion, coconut oil
S quinoa and whey shake
Exercise 30 min mini-stepper

EDIT Mon am:
Week 1 June 9 169.9
Week 8
7/25 166.4 Carb Day
7/26 167.8 (+1.4)
7/27 166.0 (-1.8))
7/28
7/29
7/30
7/31

Last edited by mars735; 07-27-2015 at 09:08 AM.
Old 07-26-2015, 10:32 PM   #265

Rennie, I always check my blood sugar before I take my diabetes pill. If my blood sugar is too high I sometimes take an extra pill, but I don't take it intentionally so I can eat treats! Sometimes my blood sugar is normal and I don't take any pills.

My Fitbit, you have to set it for sleep mode. I'm going to try it tonight. Someone had told me that it just recognizes movement as poor sleep. You might be moving and not even be asleep! I already know I have poor sleep. I wake up so many times. Many times it's because of aches and pains.

If I buy jeans that I can button the waist, they are 2 sizes too big in the butt and thighs. Horrible looking!!! That's just how big my belly is. My waist measurement is bigger than my hip measurement, and my thighs look like 2 sticks by comparison.

Jacqui, yes, if you were wearing a thong, you would be in the same situation! I bought a couple of them once and they are not comfortable for me. I still have them in my drawer. When I die, I wonder who will be cleaning out my drawers and wonder what I was doing with them. LOL
Old 07-27-2015, 06:44 AM   #266

Well, I did my sleep with my Fitbit. We watch TV for a while when we first go to bed so I didn't turn the sleep mode on until we turned off the TV. It was around 12:30. I did get up to pee around 2. I didn't know what would happen if I shut it off while I did that so I left it in sleep mode. I was in bed for 5 hr 18 min. I was awake 3 times and restless 6 times. They totaled 32 minutes. Not one of my better nights. Sometimes I fall asleep early while the TV is still on. And sometimes I roll over and go back to sleep until 8 or 9. You can do that when you're retired. But we got a new dog 2 months ago and he has been very good with doing things outside, so when I wake up around 6 I have been getting up to let him out and then I just stay up. DH will get up and let him out occasionally, but a lot of times he won't go out for DH...he wants Mommy. It's so nice to be loved. LOL
Old 07-27-2015, 09:00 AM   #267
`

Morning everyone! Just a quick check in. I’m on the way to Mt. Pisgah.

Have a wonderful day!

Week 1 - High 238.6 - Low 234 - Avg 236

7/18 - 238.6
7/19 - 238.0
7/20 - 236.2
7/21 - 235.2
7/22 - 234.8
7/23 - 235.2
7/24 - 234.0 Carb Day

Week 2

7/25 - 235.6 Sodium!
7/26 - 237.0
7/27 - 235.4

Today’s Exercise - Walked/Hiked 4.43 miles; Went to the top of Mt. Pisgah

Ysd’s Menu
B: Egg Cheese Sausage scramble with 1 T butter
Coffee with 2 Stevia and 3 mini-noos
L: Albacore, mayo, mustard, dill pickle relish
Cabbage steamed in EVOO
D: Romaine, tomato, onion, dill pickle relish, mayo and cut up chicken breast

Last edited by Bewildered; 07-27-2015 at 09:18 PM.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:23 AM   #268

Here is a great kale recipe I'd love to try. DH wouldn't eat it and it would probably make way to much for me. Maybe I could cut it down.

http://ifoodreal.com/healthy-creamy-mexican-kale-salad/
Old 07-27-2015, 11:23 AM   #269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabehealthy View Post
Jacqui, yes, if you were wearing a thong, you would be in the same situation! I bought a couple of them once and they are not comfortable for me. I still have them in my drawer. When I die, I wonder who will be cleaning out my drawers and wonder what I was doing with them. LOL

Carol Sue, it sounds like your dog relies on you like my cats do on me. Every morning, they gather around my face to let me know they want to be fed, lol!

Bewildered, yay on the drop! Have fun today!

Mars, oh I appreciate my hair well enough. If I could make one change, I wish it were red. I LOVE red hair, but I've tried to dye it red 5 times, and each time by two weeks later, it was blonde again. I guess it's too porous. It just won't hold the color. But it's not bad hair!

Mary, are green cowboy boots popular where you are? I don't think I've ever seen them before. I have to admit I'm curious as to why you would be hunting for green instead of buying brown or black.

Old 07-27-2015, 11:25 AM   #270

Woohoo! I'm down a half lb!

Week 9: High 199.5, Low 198.5
6/28--199.5
6/29--199
6/30--199
7/1--198.5
7/2--198.5
7/3--198.5
7/4--199.5 Carb Day
Week 10: High 200.5, Low 196.5
7/5--200.5
7/6--200
7/7--198.5
7/8--197
7/9--196.5
7/10--197
7/11--197 Carb Day
Week 11: High 198.5, Low 195
7/12--198.5
7/13--198
7/14--198
7/15--196.5
7/16--196
7/17--195
7/18--195 Carb Day
Week 12: High 195.5, Low 194
7/19--195.5
7/20--195
7/21--194.5
7/22--194
7/23--194
7/24--194
7/25--194.5 Carb Day
Week 13:

7/26--194
7/27--193.5
7/28--
7/29--
7/30--
7/31--
8/1--

Today's Meals:
Breakfast:
2 fried eggs
2 slices of bacon
Greek yogurt with Mio
Mio water

Lunch:
Large field greens and veggies salad, topped with turkey, walnuts, and ranch dressing
Mio water

Snack:

Dinner:
Pork loin
Salad with ranch dressing
Greek yogurt with Mio
Mio water

Today's Exercise:
3-mile walk around the track, 1 hour (straight though ) on the elliptical, 3 sets of 12 reps each on 9 arm and chest machines

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 07-27-2015 at 10:55 PM.
Closed Thread