Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 08:27 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Yay! That's why we're here, Chickadeee! I do think posting helped you to avoid a binge. Sometimes it just helps to get things out, so you won't dwell on them, you know? So post away! I'm sorry you had a poor night of sleep. I hope it's better for you tonight! Since it's going to be muggy all this week, that should be a good reminder to keep a big bottle of water by your side!
Old 07-21-2015, 09:16 PM   #167  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

My sister told me she puts peanut butter in her black coffee...what the heck? she says it helps her feel full. She doesn't have a weight problem, surprisingly enough!

Chickadeee- I agree this board is really cool. It's hard to find one that's active and kind of on the same page as you and your plan.

I had a good day and I hope the scale reflects that tomorrow. I think I have been drinking my water too early and fast. I will have 60 oz before lunch and only 20 after. I had put on water weight from my initial loss, so I am trying to spread the water out so I can have a good number tomorrow. I really want to see a loss!!

Do y'all believe you can eat too little and hold on to weight? My sister says as long as you aren't hungry your body isn't starving. I am 240 plus pounds and 1400 calories is more than enough, but fitbit is always saying I need more even though I am set to try to lose 2 lbs a week. I just feel weird eating more when I am full just so I can lose weight. Any thoughts or observations from your own experience?
Old 07-22-2015, 08:32 AM   #168  

Mary, yay on the good day yesterday! I hope you have another one today! I would say 1400 calories is a healthy enough amount. I don't see why you should eat more if you're not hungry. If you were eating only 900 calories, I'd advise you to eat even if you weren't hungry since our bodies don't always send us the right cues, but unless you are exercising vigorously, 1400 is enough to sustain you, and that's what matters! I stop eating when I'm full. However, my body doesn't always send me cues that I'm hungry, so if it's mealtime and I haven't gotten that signal, I eat anyway because I'm prone to hypoglycemia and have to keep my blood sugar up. But if I've already eaten and I'm full, I wouldn't eat more just to be eating!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 07-22-2015 at 08:34 AM.
Old 07-22-2015, 08:34 AM   #169  
maintaining since 9/2013

Good morning!
Bewildered, re cabbage steaks, you might be able to microwave if you covered them and added a bit of liquid, like chicken broth, so that they could steam & become tender. I have done it in a small countertop convection oven.

Dairy Fairy Imho, yes to holding onto weight if undereating. I think at some point the metabolism will slow down to conserve energy, once it senses 'starvation.' I've experienced something along those lines. I did a very restrictive diet and when I phased off and began to eat more, my weight loss speeded up even though I was already at my goal.

Fwiw, I consulted with a dietician/clinical nutritionist last yr. who told me it's best not to eat below 1350 calories, ever. This was in the context of me wanting to lose 15 lbs without triggering binge eating.

I think it's better to listen to your body than to Fitbit. In the long run, it will be the key to maintaining. Just my 2 cents Keep up the great work!

Back for more later--have sure enjoyed everyone's posts. chickadeee, all I can say is Enjoy your X-rated PB!

Yesterday:
B omelet w broccoli, mushrooms, tapenade; whey shake/coffee
L big salad/beans/chicken/avocado/evoo/WF dressing
D chili w lentils, beans/quinoa/ground turkey/veggies/mole powder
S broccoli, pear, quinoa, hungry at night
2 L cinnamon-vanilla herbal tea w stevia
Exercise 20 minutes mini-stepper
WI today 168.2 still up from Carb Day but my clothes feel loose.
Old 07-22-2015, 08:43 AM   #170  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars735 View Post
Bewildered
Back for more later--have sure enjoyed everyone's posts. chickadeee, all I can say is Enjoy your X-rated PB!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars735 View Post
Bewildered
Yesterday:
B omelet w broccoli, mushrooms, tapenade; whey shake/coffee
L big salad/beans/chicken/avocado/evoo/WF dressing
D chili w lentils, beans/quinoa/ground turkey/veggies/mole powder
S broccoli, pear, quinoa, hungry at night
2 L cinnamon-vanilla herbal tea w stevia
Exercise 20 minutes mini-stepper
WI today 168.2 still up from Carb Day but my clothes feel loose.
Mars, with a great menu and exercise like that, your scale should be dropping again very soon! Keep it up! Great job!
Old 07-22-2015, 08:46 AM   #171  

Another half lb down today! I just love when I get to move my ticker!

Week 9: High 199.5, Low 198.5
6/28--199.5
6/29--199
6/30--199
7/1--198.5
7/2--198.5
7/3--198.5
7/4--199.5 Carb Day
Week 10: High 200.5, Low 196.5
7/5--200.5
7/6--200
7/7--198.5
7/8--197
7/9--196.5
7/10--197
7/11--197 Carb Day
Week 11: High 198.5, Low 195
7/12--198.5
7/13--198
7/14--198
7/15--196.5
7/16--196
7/17--195
7/18--195 Carb Day
Week 12:
7/19--195.5
7/20--195
7/21--194.5
7/22--194
7/23--
7/24--
7/25--

Today's Meals:
Breakfast:
2 fried eggs
2 slices of bacon
Greek yogurt with Mio
Mio water

Lunch:
Black beans
Steamed broccoli & cauliflower with coconut oil
Mio water

Snack:

Dinner:
2 Gorton's (breaded) fish tenders
Leftover black beans
Mio water

Today's Exercise:
3-mile walk, 30 minutes on elliptical, 1-3 sets of 3-6 negative reps each, with added weight, on 6 arm and chest machines (Negative reps are SO much harder than regular reps! I can barely lift my arms! I'll be shocked if I am not holding water tomorrow as my body attempts to repair my muscles!)

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 07-22-2015 at 07:44 PM.
Old 07-22-2015, 09:10 AM   #172  
`

I hope you are all having a lovely day! I'll be back later with personals.

Week 1
7/18 - 238.6
7/19 - 238
7/20 - 236.2
7/21 - 235.2
7/22 - 234.8

Today’s Exercise - Nothing official - busy morning

Ysd’s Menu
B: Egg Cheese Sausage Scramble with 1 T butter
Coffee with 2 packets Stevia and 5 mini-moos (half and half)
L: Hamburger patty, romaine, tomato, onion, mayo
D: Steamed cauliflower in EVOO and ham
Old 07-22-2015, 10:17 AM   #173  
maintaining since 9/2013

Thanks [B]Jacqui & Yay on another .5 lb down. You tooBewildered! My food goal today is to make my own salad dressing. I'm about out of Walden Farms and want to keep on tapering off the artificials. I've consumed a ton of them the past 2+yrs and it's time to take a break.

Columbo is on & time for mini-stepper....

Btw is anyone else daylight sensitive? I'm noticing the darker mornings. Good for my sleep but I'm going to start deploying my SAD light, even tho it's only July.

Last edited by mars735; 07-22-2015 at 10:18 AM.
Old 07-22-2015, 10:32 AM   #174  
Bring sexy back

Congrats on the losses Bewildered and Jacqui! I have gone up despite doing everything right. I am not changing my signature until Sunday, but I am only 2 lbs from when starting. I feel like if I even look at salt I will be back to my high weight LOL

Texted hubby asking when my TOM is...he keeps better track than I do b/c he likes to duck for cover :P I hope it's something like that, but for now I am still really motivated.

I had leftover salmon from dinner and I made salmon patties that are chilling' in a whoopee pie pan to form a shape. I did salmon crumbled, egg, and my dehydrated onions. I hope it turns out and isn't a floppy mess!

mars- lemme know how that dressing works out. We have a similar dependence on Newman's Own light balsamic here. Even one of my 8 year olds is hooked.
Old 07-22-2015, 11:13 AM   #175  
maintaining since 9/2013

Dairy Fairy So far I have a good mix of evoo, Trader Joes white balsamic, water, dried basil, garlic powder, a bit of water to add volume. Not bad at all. I'm convinced the things that hook us on salad dressing is the salt and sugar, even the fake sugar, and even if you can't detect a sweet taste. (So if I need to, I will add fake sugar in the form of Stevia and taper that off over time. Right now I'm trying to take a break from sucrlose) I want to enjoy my food, not crave it, lol!

Another product I am in love with lately (but not craving) is Imagine brand chicken broth. I steam the broccoli in it, and can hardly stop myself from eating it all up. It might be my evening go-to when I want a snack. I think it's okay to enjoy a ton of broccoli, even a whole head of caulifower. They provide that nice fullness factor with few carbs/calorie, loads of nutrients. I even like Bare Naked Caulifower!

Last edited by mars735; 07-22-2015 at 11:15 AM.
Old 07-22-2015, 11:18 AM   #176  

Sooo, I just came across this article on "secret" superfoods: http://www.eatthis.com/secret-superf...t-and-burn-fat. A fruit that tastes like chocolate pudding and is packed with twice as much vitamin C as an orange? A tea that can lower triglycerides and reduce belly fat and helped some people shed 10 lbs in one week? What the heck?! Why aren't these on our supermarket shelves?! I really need that chocolate pudding fruit, lol!

Bewildered, woohoo on the drop! Keep going!

Mars, thanks! I am daylight sensitive also. I don't have a light, but I've been advised by a doctor to get one. I have just been relying on my vitamin D supplementation.

Mary, thanks! And don't be concerned about that gain. It's just water weight and no matter what we do, our bodies are going to have natural fluctuations like that. Just stay on plan and it will come back down!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 07-22-2015 at 11:45 AM.
Old 07-22-2015, 11:31 AM   #177  
Bring sexy back

the chocolate pudding fruit looks great! ok, sounds great...that picture was nasty! LOL

My husband received some yerba mate tea from a coworker who is from South America and wanted to share his culture. Can't remember which country, but I remember it's one of the ones with beautiful skinny people It is supposedly good for weight loss and I was on board to try it but then I was reading if you steep it too hot it can give you mouth or esophagus cancer? Dang, WHAT? Now I'm too chicken. Another coworker brought him weird ice creams including rose petal flavor. I have definitely found a dessert I can say no to!
Old 07-22-2015, 02:40 PM   #178  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Bewildered, yes that is the one . I did rest well after getting up 3 times talking to the kids, smh. But I felt good this morning minus some thigh pain can't win LOL I eat mine off the spoon also but that's why the to go cups are better for me. Someone here made note that the natural is not much better than the regular so I buy the regular It doesn't do any harm that I can tell

LOL Chicky, happy to see you laughing Sorry you didn't rest well. I pray you rest better tonight

Jacqui, I <3 you you are the sweetest I pray I get a better schedule also, but I'm learning with this job be careful what you ask for. Be specific because they will surely make your life miserable If I could just be on the same schedule consistently that would help but you never know from week to week.

Mary, I tried to make a shake with pb once, it is so overwhelming I couldn't drink it. It's just like bananas it takes over whatever you put it in Mary I was eating around 1200-1300 calories and losing also, but as you lose weight your calorie needs tend to lower. I was told to go with what the calorie calculator told me because it will go lower and what will I do then. Can't go below 1200, so I raised my calorie intake to 1600 at that time. I will admit it was really hard to eat that much and when I did it was carby so a no win for me again. ... I love salmon patties, I add a little old bay and mayo, the kids say they taste like crab cakes

Mars, yay on loose fitting clothes, inches are great

for all loses and on any gains your water whoosh is coming

I was pleasantly surprised this morning, but I guess I shouldn't have been since I think I was asleep more than awake Nice drop for me, hope it sticks

Carol Sue where are you?

Last edited by love2b150; 07-22-2015 at 02:42 PM.
Old 07-22-2015, 02:48 PM   #179  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Week 01: High 175.5, Low 171.5, -4.0

7/10 ~ 175.5
7/11 ~ 174.2 (-1.3)
7/12 ~ 173.2 (-1.0)
7/13 ~ 172.2 (-1.0) only .3 lower than where I started 7/1 and 1.5 higher than on 7/3
7/14 ~ 171.7 (-0.5) LTTOM
7/15 ~ 172.1 (+0.4) TOM
7/16 ~ 171.5 (-0.6) TOM

Week 02: High ???.?, Low ???.?,

7/17 ~ 171.2 (-0.3) LTTOM
7/18 ~ 173.8 (+2.6)
7/19 ~ 173.9 (+0.1)
7/20 ~ 175.3 (+2.4)
7/21 ~ 174.1 (-1.2)
7/22 ~ 171.7 (-2.4)
7/23 ~

Today's Meals:
Breakfast:
1c sauteed squash & onion
cup of grapes
med fry from McD (craving)
nasty coffee from McD
32ozs lemon water

Lunch:
1.5c spinach
1.5c sauteed squash and onion

Snack:
WW dark choc
20oz water

Dinner:

no protein yet. But breakfast sent me flying to the bathroom, my husband said that should teach me
Old 07-22-2015, 03:15 PM   #180  
`

Rennie, WTG on the new numbers! I have spent way too much time on the PB aisle. You are probably right that there isn’t a bunch of difference in the natural version, but just watch the ones with corn syrup and/or hydrogenated vegetable oils (supposedly will be banned with the trans fats?). I think Smuckers Natural is the only one that solely has peanuts in the ingredients instead of that paragraph of stuff, and the rest add palm oil and sugar. It is pricey and sometimes hard to find. I forgot to answer your question about the toaster oven. I noticed they had one downstairs that you can “borrow”, but it is really tiny. Oh and got my OTC meds today and can already tell a difference so thanks again. They are actually ¼ price compared to the “name brand” if you buy them at a drug store because you get twice as many for half the price.

Chickadeee, glad I made you laugh! I notice on the days that I sip on coffee that I’m not drinking as much water either. Today, I’m going to buy lemons and hopefully spiff up my intake. Your menu looks good as always and I hope you got some rest last night. I actually slept better than I have been in awhile. Almost a total of 5 hours, maybe? I was up and down a bit in between though.

Jacqui, Woop on the next ½ lb of loss-age and happy dance moving that ticker! Thanks, I always enjoy those first few days of being good and getting that scale love. Yep, I need to quit being an all or nothing sort of gal and pushing so hard on the exercise with all my health issues. My back and foot are in sad shape today. I’m having a hard time accepting any limitations along with not being able to say I’m 40-something anymore.

Mary, Yay for good days and I am sorry your scale wasn’t kind! Hang in there and your hard work will be rewarded! IT could be hormones or salt as you said. Our bodies are so bizarre! I still gain weight during ovulation sometimes. And those eggs are covered in cobwebs by now. Salmon patties, yum!
That is odd about the pb in coffee, but since people put butter, oils, etc., I guess not that odd. I don’t like my coffee looking like an oil slick personally. As far as eating too little and holding on to weight, I dunno. I have heard both sides of it, but I know that eating too little definitely doesn’t seem to help me lose and makes me super cranky. I look at it like this: I want to eat in a sustainable way. This isn’t really a diet for me, but a lifestyle. I’ve done the starvation/calorie counting/bad carbs/low fat dieting and lost a bunch, but I always gain it back plus more. With that said, eating low/moderate carbs allows us to eat less and still feel satisfied. So, the calories could still be lower sometimes and I’m okay with that as long as you don’t go too low like Jacqui mentioned or except on rare occasions.

Mars, thanks for the cabbage steak idea using chicken broth! I definitely want to try it, but forgot to buy the broth today. Your menus are always so interesting. I bet your body loves that variety. Yay on the exercise and looser clothing! Good for you making your own dressing. I may be a tad daylight sensitive, but possibly the opposite of what you are saying. Any kind of bright light or camera flashes kill me. I like dark mornings, but I think that comes from living in hot humid conditions and wanting to get out and about to run errands before it devastates me. However, when I was in TN last month, it rained almost the entire 14 days I was there and it did get mighty depressing.

I was typing this while I was surrounded by hunky men that were too nice to me. I may not be as allergic to husbands as I thought.

Last edited by Bewildered; 07-22-2015 at 04:10 PM.
Closed Thread