3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Carb Counters > Other Reduced Carb Diets

Anyone Doing Wheat Belly?

Old 05-11-2015, 06:51 PM   #1
300+ Chick

Smile Anyone Doing Wheat Belly?

I had started this weekend and am loving this plan...low carb way of eating and not tracking carbs!!! I have energy and so far so good have not cheated on binges..I also noticed a tiny bit pain less sciatica..I truly am convinced now thar carbs hinders my joints..I shall continue on doing Wheat Belly and become pain free and thinner in the coming months!!

Plan: Calorie Counting at MFP..(L4Liliann12)
Weigh in: 1st and 15th of the month!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 04:39 PM   #2
300+ Chick

I am enjoying this low carb lifestyle, especially I do not need to track carbs or anything. I am eating plenty of veggies now and my energy is so good. I am avoiding diet coke, coffee and now drinking plenty of homemade unsweetend iced tea.. I do use equal..

Now I am becoming patient on the scale and do a weekly weigh ins..Sunday is my day to peak. I like to think big and hoping on losing 6 Lbs on my weigh in this weekend.

My medical doctor once told me since I do not do diet pills or surgery...Her words of top foods to avoid...rice, breads/rolls..potatoes, pasta..but never listen to her and Now I am..and never going to back to my old habits ever again.

I have sciatica( pain in butt) Not fun..and this low carb am taking better help me on my pain free journey..that is what I care most about. My goal is to loose 50 or 60 Lbs end of 2015 and see how my butt heals up ..I am on a misson!!

Plan: Calorie Counting at MFP..(L4Liliann12)
Weigh in: 1st and 15th of the month!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 05:47 PM   #3

S/C/G: 184/180/145

I don't know exactly what Wheat Belly is but it sounds low carb for sure.
I'm going to look is up. Yeah on feeling good!
FinallyFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 06:36 PM   #4

S/C/G: 220/208/170

Height: 5'8"

Liliann, good for you! It's great that you've found out that low-carb works best for you! I am doing a modified version of the slow carb diet and it's very similar to the wheat belly diet, only I get a cheat day each week when I can eat anything I want, including wheat and other grains. I know wheat, whatsoever, is a big no-no on the wheat belly diet. I agree with you that carbs can affect one's health. I have rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalsia and I have less inflammation when I stick to my diet. Anyway, I just wanted to pop in and say good job and good luck!

= 10 lbs lost; = 5 lbs lost:
MINI GOALS:
1. 196 lbs = No longer Obese
2. 183 lbs = 1/2 from 196 to Goal
3. 170 lbs = Goal! 50 lbs down!
MAINTENANCE GOAL:
170-179 lbs
"A year from now, what will I wish I had done today?" -- Unknown Author
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 06:08 PM   #5

Hi Liliann,

I stopped eating carbs and sugars about 10 days ago (other than whatever is in fruits and veggies) and lost 8 pounds in five days...and haven't lost anything other than tenths of a pound since then. Someone gave me a copy of Wheat Belly last weekend and it has really made me want to stay wheat free. My cravings are gone, my clothes feel better but I'd really like to keep losing weight and it seems like I'm plateauing on that unfortunately. That, and the fact that I love carbs even though they make me feel bloated and icky if I'm being honest about it (definitely an addict) makes me worry I won't be able to stick with it.

Good luck to you on your journey!

Fraggle
Fraggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.