Old 05-13-2015, 08:27 AM   #46  
Started 4th of July

S/C/G: 180/168/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi findingthehappy

I found a lot of info on youtube by looking under keto diets or ketogenic diets . Plenty of fun videos to watch. Fun and informative. Some of them disagree on the perfect keto diet,,,,,but you can tweak it for you.....

Enjoy and get back to us on you progress.
FinallyFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 12:12 PM   #47  

Default Le ChieF

Hi AZLinda,
Is this group still going?

I'm doing this now and would love support.
I live in AZ so I guess you also do.

Hope to hear from you
Lizlon

Ok, I searched the forum for a support group for those of us following the Nutritional Ketosis...Low Carb, High Fat, and moderate Protein way of eating and could not find one so I thought I would start one up.

I started my low carb diet May 23rd, with low fats, but quickly realized that the low fat intake was not the way for me to go. So for the past 3 weeks have switched to low carb, high fat with moderate protein and I love it!

Looking for others who would love to join me on this awesome journey
lizlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 03:21 PM   #48  
Keto4life

S/C/G: 378/272/250

Height: 5' 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizlon View Post
Hi AZLinda,
Is this group still going?

I'm doing this now and would love support.
I live in AZ so I guess you also do.

Hope to hear from you
Lizlon

Ok, I searched the forum for a support group for those of us following the Nutritional Ketosis...Low Carb, High Fat, and moderate Protein way of eating and could not find one so I thought I would start one up.

I started my low carb diet May 23rd, with low fats, but quickly realized that the low fat intake was not the way for me to go. So for the past 3 weeks have switched to low carb, high fat with moderate protein and I love it!

Looking for others who would love to join me on this awesome journey
Hey lizlon, a page that has really helped me on this journey is the reddit xxketo page which is solely for women on keto and has lots of helpful related Q and A's. I've been on keto since beginning of may last year and lost 50pounds ketowise and really happy with it as i've experienced many other benefits such as lowered high blood pressure, more energy etc. Wishing you all the best
cherrygarcia80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 09:43 AM   #49  

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'8

Default New to Keto? More fat or protein?

Hi!
I'm new to Keto and have used two calculators.
One told me that I should do 90g of protein and 104g of fat and the other said 110g of protein and 90g of fat. Both seemed to agree with 20g - 25g of carbs.
I always heard there should be a lot more fat than protein, but that's not much of a difference between.

I'm trying to stay around 1,100 - 1,300 calories

I read a Keto article that said don't go under 100g of protein or your body will break down your muscle

But then I saw a forum where people were talking about doing 60g and 80g
I've seen people say they eat black beans but then I've seen articles that said to not eat beans

Which is it? I'm doing this for weight loss and a healthier lifestyle
msamberjade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 03:25 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 215/215/175

Height: 5'4"

I have just started low carb high fat diet 1 week ago. I had tried ideal protein a few years ago and lost about 60 pounds. I have tried to restart and just couldnt, I struggled. I have been doing this for 1 week and have lost 6 pounds and 1 inch off my belly. I am excited and hoping that I can get some inspiration from reading other post and maybe helping inspire others. I think everyone needs support
strugglingover40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 08:45 AM   #51  

I am SO GLAD that I found a group! I'm a mom and currently in a doctorate program. I have been struggling with my weight for years (yo-yo dieting) which has become demoralizing. I tried Atkins a few years ago which got the weight off but I couldn't keep it off due to the cravings. Keto seems to be a little different. But everyday when I go to work there are piles and piles of sweets and carbs (which everyone seems to think is a "blessing" to us poor students). I really need to get healthy and get this weight off. Today is my first day. As I sit here and drink my bulletproof coffee I weight 172 Lbs. We shall see where this takes me!
UrbanCountryGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 01:31 PM   #52  

I just started today 7/5/17. Wish me luck. I am so happy to find this group. I will need all the support I can get!!!!
kerfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 03:12 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 232/226/150ish

Height: 5ft 3in.

I'm starting this in the am as well. My husband and I did it last fall, but it kind of went out the window at Christmas time. After that, life happened and everything went on the back burner. Now, both he and I are at our heaviest, and tonight he mentioned trying again. Going shopping in the am for supplies. We have a couple family members who have had tremendous results from LCHF, and hoping to try a few new recipients. Also looking for easy recipes for fat bombs... apparently they make all the difference for the sweetheart tooth!
Shyleia is offline   Reply With Quote