3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Carb Counters > Other Reduced Carb Diets

The Slow Carb Diet (Thread 2)

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 08:40 AM   #31

S/C/G: 175/175/120

Height: 5' 0"

Missy, thanks for the bean information.. I'm doing almost everything they suggest.. it's probably just my body getting used to this big change I've made.. but I will buy those chewables..

Rennie, wow, I'll have to check my next WalsMart trip.. I don't know if I've ever seen them, but then again, I haven't actually LOOKED for them.. so I could get lucky.. I hope so!

Rennie, the chili I make is loaded in soduim becuase of all the cans of stuff I put in them..

Jacqui, yep, unless something comes up, we are going! The girls are going to be so happy!

Question: Protein Shakes.. what kind and where do I get them.. I agree with TwoTots that eating in front of the TV at night is a habbit.. it was always a bag of WW popcorn, so I need something crunchy in place of that OR a protein shake would be helpful...

My Meals 1/23/14:

B - 2 Fried Eggs, 3 Turkey Sausage, 1/2 c beans and sprinkle of cheese, coffee and sf creamer
L - 1 Pork Chop w/Italian Dressing, Brocolli with Butter
S - 5 Slices of Salami (serving) and a piece of string cheese
D - 1 Pan Grilled Chicken Breast with ranch as dipping sauce, green beans with butter
S - Cherry jello with spray whipped topping, 1/2 cup of coffee, well, more like 1/4 cup.. I should have never made it, bad habbit!

Water / Tea - approx 32 oz

Pamela

Last edited by pamela631 : 01-24-2014 at 08:41 AM.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:05 AM   #32
Steph

S/C/G: HW 221/ CW 176/GW 155

Height: 5'6"

Hi all,
Well I was down 1 pound at WW. Not as much as I would have liked, or would have lost on IP, but I get to eat real food so I'll take it. I'm wondering if I should have my cheat day today like I normally would. After our WW meeting on Wed, my daughter was really thinking Arby's so I ended up getting a pound of roast beef and we split an order of moz sticks on the way home, then had the roast beef on a WW approved diet English Muffin with Arby's sauce and now I'm up a 1lb and a half. So yeah, even though it was only I meal, I think that was my cheat day. We'll see. I hate cooking Fridays, and after shopping, and I have to brave Walmart after work.

TGIF everyone!

(Hey, I finally got a ticker! :clap: )

Last edited by sunlover12 : 01-24-2014 at 09:09 AM.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:15 AM   #33

Sunlover, you sound like me on shopping days... I hate cooking and would always pickup a pizza at Papa Murphys for the girls.. maybe a Atkins frozen meal for me on those days or leftovers... but I know how you feel.. after all that shopping, who wants to COOK? lol
Old 01-24-2014, 09:51 AM   #34
Slow Carb Newbie

S/C/G: Starting at 155 / ticker / 130

Height: 5' 6"

TGIF all! I hear ya on not wanting to shop or cook today. I think because it is so cold outside I am even less motivated to shop, and unfortunately I am just running out of some of my staples. I think in meantime for my snack today since I'm teleworking I'll make some hummus as I have low sodium chickpeas. Hummus I read in that article is another way to get beans with less gas.

Pamela I make my own protein shake, and have it as soon as I wake up. I make it with almond milk, a zero carb vanilla protein powder, and just a few blueberries. But you can also buy a very low carb pre-made protein shake called Pure Protein from the grocery stores and wallgreens (at least in my area).

I lost another pound! So that is nearly 5 pds this week. I am hungry, but my morning snack and lunch will satisfy that. What I've been doing this week is taking the SlimQuick, but also keeping carb count to less than 100g, and keeping carb count really low for dinner and not eating anything after dinner. Also I'm working out nearly daily. Always a cardio and some weight training. Seems to all be working!
Old 01-24-2014, 02:28 PM   #35

Rennie or anyone else eating or wanting to eat those Eat Your Veggies chips.. I went to Dollar Tree and they have 2 different ones.. different brands, but I tasted both, and wow.. I must say, these are very good and will help with that CRUNCH that I want.. AND, I'm taking these on our trip tomorrow.. even though its Faturday, no reason to not eat these, they are really good.. I need to go back and buy more..

BUT FIRST.. I want to make sure.. Rennie, can you make sure these are ok in comparison to what you eat:

Sensibly Natural Veggie Chips: 18 g carb, 1 fiber, 1 sugar per serving, 130 cal, 6 g fat

Good Health Natural Foods Veggie Stix: 20 g carb, 0 fiber, 0 sugar, 130 cal, 5 g fat

Thanks Rennie..
Old 01-24-2014, 02:59 PM   #36
Slow Carb Newbie

Hi Pamela. I cut up red bell peppers or sliced cucumber. It's super good for you and lower in carbs. Red bell peppers are sweet enough I can eat them on their own, and cucumber is refreshing with hummus.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:29 PM   #37

S/C/G: 211/168/145

Height: 5'8"

Happy Friday Everyone! Been a busy day and it's still busy, so this will be quick! I am down a half-lb to 169 today. The water weight decided to be stubborn this week, and although that doesn't happen often, occasionally it does. Just gotta roll with it, lol!

Week 27: High 171, Low 168
1/18: 168 Cheat Day
1/19: 170.5
1/20: 170
1/21: 171
1/22: 170
1/23: 169.5
1/24: 169

Today's Meals:
Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs, a teapot of green tea, Mio water
Lunch: tunafish salad, 5 black olives, a couple of bites of cottage cheese, walnut and almond mix (a handful), Mio water
Dinner: 10 mild chicken wings, water

Today's Exercise:
Morning: Leslie Sansone 2-mile indoor walking video

Missy, congrats on being down 5 lbs this week!

Steph, yay on losing a lb while eating real food!

Pamela, I'm glad you're going on your trip!

TwoTots, I think it's smart that you are planning meals and snacks ahead of time. And you are so right--just a little taste, never is! It always turns into something more because carbs stimulate the appetite.

Rennie, I add my own seasonings to chili. I didn't even know about McCormick's season packs!

Where did all our roosters run off to?

= 10 lbs lost; = 5 lbs lost:
MINI GOALS:
1. 196 lbs = "Overweight" BMI of 29.8 MET GOAL!!
2. 178 lbs = Lowest Weight in 13 years, BMI of 27.1 MET GOAL!!
3. 164 lbs = "Normal Weight" BMI of 24.9
4. 145 lbs = Goal Weight BMI of 22.0
MAINTENANCE GOAL:
Stay between 145 lbs and 155 lbs

Last edited by Jacqui_D : 01-24-2014 at 09:10 PM.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:44 PM   #38
Gary C

hello how is everyone, just waking up from 4-5 hour post colonoscopy nap, had kind of a rough time, woke up at 1am with a migraine from prep, which didn't go away, then this morning at hospital my pulse was 137, which of course had everyone concerned, very strange, I seem ok now though, normally my pulse is in the 60's, Everything seems back to n still trying to get re-fueled and re-charged.

Week 4 of 4
1/22 ~ 167.8
1/23 ~ 168.0
1/24 ~ 167.0
1/25~
1/26 ~
1/27 ~
1/28~

Great job everyone TwoTot's you are on fire! keep it up!
Old 01-24-2014, 06:55 PM   #39
love to be a lower weight

S/C/G: HW 220/SW 197.2/ticker/GW 132

Height: 5'3

Pamela, I use the Atkins shakes when I am pressed for time or the Body Fortress Whey Protein powder at Walmart. I use soy milk and usually one of the low carb yogurts from Kroger if I have them. (Kroger is the only store that I know of that have a low carb yogurt and they are very good.) I'll also use frozen peaches. I add spinach to my smoothies it makes them look like puke but doesn't change the flavor at all. Pamela I use to eat the veggie chips at Dollar Tree (the whole bag in one sitting) but they are made with enriched flour with other additives which I think brings on the cravings. The EYV chips are made with a blend of beans (navy, red and black), brown and white rice, sunflower oil, non-GMO canola oil, vegetable blend of carrot, sweet potato, kale, knojac, spinach, broccoli, tomato, beet, shitake, and mushroom, so when I eat the serving I am done. I also like that I can pronounce and recognize everything in them. I'm not sure why that is starting to matter to me but it is.

Serving sz 13 chips
calories 130
fat 7g
sodium 140mg
carbs 16g
fiber 3g
sugar 2g
protein 3g

Give them a shot and see which ones you like better. Those veggie sticks remind me of cheddar fries, not good for me mentally at all. I just see green, light yellow and orange cheddar fries and they keep me wanting more.

Steph on the ticker and the pound, the 1.5 up is water so no worries there. You're doing great

Missy way to go on the pound and on the 5lbs GONE What is the name of the protein powder you use? Is it expensive? I could sure use that kind the Walmart brand is only $16. I checked some of the other shakes and the sugar content was crazy. I'll have to look up the pure protein and compare, thanks for the info. Missy I forget about the red pepper even though I eat the red pepper hummus, silly huh I love hummus, it's the perfect snack in my opinion

Gary I'm sorry I just remembered after reading your post about the colonoscopy. Glad your pulse is back to normal, hope you're feeling back to the norm soon . Nice weigh in

Jacqui it's all we can do to stay sane on this journey

I want something to eat but don't know what and don't want to eat the wrong thing. We are getting down to the knitty gritty here with food so next week may be a struggle. I was wanting to start 30DS but I'm not sure how to track the burn on MFP and I really would like to know what the burn is for it. I can do a WATP but sometimes Nike+ doesn't count all of the steps so I don't know but I'm gonna do something before this evening is over. Not gonna do 30DS those jumping jacks kill my knees and I can't do push ups so Wii fit or WATP it is
Take it 1 day, 1 sec, 1 min, 1 thought, 1 breath at a time. Learn from yesterday, don't think about tomorrow, just do the best you can today//I'm not where I want to be, but I am sure not where I used to be!//Don't let a bad meal turn into a bad day, a bad day turn into a bad week, a bad week turn into giving up, As long as you get back on track

Last edited by love2b150 : 01-24-2014 at 07:19 PM.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:09 PM   #40

S/C/G: 211/168/145

Height: 5'8"

Oh Gary, I forgot about your colonoscopy! I don't know how I could forget that in two days time! I am so sorry that you had a migraine and a bit of a scare with your high pulse. I'm glad you are better now, and I hope you feel well!

Steph, congrats on the ticker! How fun!

Missy, red bell pepper and cucumber with hummus, yum! I also love yellow and orange bell peppers, which are also sweet.

Pamela, sometimes I snack at night, but usually I keep from snacking in front of the tv by having my laptop on my lap and reading and typing on 3FC at the same time, lol!

Rennie, I hear you on the ingredients you can pronounce. I've gotten more that way too. I think we were raised during the time of the processed food, and we've just had enough. There are just so many chemicals our bodies can take!

= 10 lbs lost; = 5 lbs lost:
MINI GOALS:
1. 196 lbs = "Overweight" BMI of 29.8 MET GOAL!!
2. 178 lbs = Lowest Weight in 13 years, BMI of 27.1 MET GOAL!!
3. 164 lbs = "Normal Weight" BMI of 24.9
4. 145 lbs = Goal Weight BMI of 22.0
MAINTENANCE GOAL:
Stay between 145 lbs and 155 lbs

Last edited by Jacqui_D : 01-24-2014 at 10:58 PM.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:45 PM   #41

I'm not sure if I mentioned it or not but I was talking with my Mom yesterday and I thought she was coming down this week but they changed plans due to bad weather I guess. I told her that I had lost 20lbs since joining the gym and she replied, "wow you are skinny!" I said no not yet but trimming down. I asked her when she thought they may plan to come down again, she said the next holiday. So by the next holiday I want to be 10lbs down. With that said, I am on a mission people. The focus has to remain
Take it 1 day, 1 sec, 1 min, 1 thought, 1 breath at a time. Learn from yesterday, don't think about tomorrow, just do the best you can today//I'm not where I want to be, but I am sure not where I used to be!//Don't let a bad meal turn into a bad day, a bad day turn into a bad week, a bad week turn into giving up, As long as you get back on track

Last edited by love2b150 : 01-24-2014 at 10:46 PM.
Old 01-25-2014, 04:56 AM   #42

S/C/G: 231/211/146

Height: 5ft 4in.

Thank you Gary, I hope you're back on your feet soon!
Lovetobe, your Mam will get a great surprise when she visits. What a great incentive.

I love Saturday mornings. No rushing out of the house. I surprised myself by jumping on the cross trainer before my shower, I hadn't really planned to. I'm making a list for the supermarket, I want to make sue I have snack worthy foods in the fridge, hummus, guacamole, carrot sticks, peppers, I fancy some dipping foods. My crockpot has beed going since yesterday morning. I made a beef and bean chili, I got six portions and added some vegetables for easy lunches and dinners.Now there is a lump of ham in the crockpot and tonight I have some pork to go in for pulled pork. Meat we have!!! I will make some egg salad and vegetables over the weekend to eat with all the meat. Happy Saturday everyone. Good luck.

1st goal:-1 stone/14lbs (217)..29/3/2014
2nd goal:-2 stone/28lbs (203)..severely obese to obese
3rd goal: -3 stone/42lbs (189)..
4th goal:- 4 stone/56lbs (175)..obese to overweight
5th goal: -5 stone/70lbs (161)..
6th goal: -6 stone/84lbs (147)..normal weight
Old 01-25-2014, 09:16 AM   #43
Slow Carb Newbie

Gary hope you feel better and that migraine is gone. They are horrible!

Rennie, the brand of protein powder I've gotten from my grocery store is a Generic "Fitness Whey protein" vanilla flavored, since I like a few berries in mine. I also have the chocolate, but don't use it that often. You can also buy the pre-made "Pure Protein" that is in single sized tin bottles. 4 of those will average about $7.99. Last night my boyfriend said he can buy a larger container of the protein powder at GNC though. He said it's $30, but provides 100 servings.

I weigh the same today. Was feeling run down yesterday and didn't excercise. Thought I should take care of my body in case I was fighting a cold, and glad I did.

But....TODAY IS CHEAT DAY! I think the day before cheat day is the hardest?

I also signed up for a DietBet that is to start on Monday and end the day before leaving for Vaca. I have done a couple in the past. Check out the web site (dietbet.com). Studies show that if you join this sort of social diet betting network you have more success with weight loss.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:34 AM   #44

I am disappointed.. up .2 instead of down any..

Not sure if I should even have a cheat day.. but I gotta get off here and finish getting ready to leave.. we are taking the girls to Monterey Bay Aquarium today.. I called my oldest to ask her to come and check on my kitties today sometime and she and her little family are going there too.. what a coincidence!! So we are all going to have fun today.. kitties will have to stay outside all day.. no problems, they will have their food and they have their outside cat beds.. just not a warm and cozy spot next to me, LOL They are indoor/outdoor cats.. so they will be just fine Pooter will think differently and may hate me when we get back... but she'll get over it.. lol

My Meals 1/24/14:

B - 2 Fried Eggs, 1/2 c beans and sprinkle of cheese, coffee and sf creamer
S - 3 Turkey Sausages
L - Chicken Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing
S - None
D - Chicken and Beans with Cheese
S - Pork Rines

Water / Tea - approx 32 oz

Last edited by pamela631 : 01-25-2014 at 09:36 AM.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:09 AM   #45

Gary, How are you feeling this morning?

Jacqui, I think the chemicals and stuff that they are using to enhance the food is definitely what is causing most of the issues that people have. That and the fact that eveything is more convenient then it use to be so makes for laziness.

TwoTots, she will for sure. My Mom is super super thin. So in her eyes just about everyone is overweight. I shouldn't have said anything. I should have just let her come down and see if she noticed. Which she probably wouldn't have, then I would have been disappointed. But her husband would have paid compliment he always notices even before my husband comments (weird). Wow you are on a roll with the foods for the week good for you I have to pick and choose this week so I've got to be careful for good decisions here

Missy, couldn't find one that read Fitness Whey Protein, but did find that Walmart has a Whey Isolate protein powder for $22 … I may buy that on pay day and my son can use the other one. He doesn't care about carbs Pure Protein is also $22 at Walmart so I'll check for that one also and compare the ingredients. Thanks

Pamela, it is definitely water, don't let it deter you or get you down I was reading in the 4-Hour Body to eat a good slow carb breakfast on cheat day and then enjoy lunch and dinner. That's a thought I feel like I had a cheat breakfast. I had 2 eggs cooked in spray butter and a ⅓ of a Jenny O turkey sausage pattie (I made) I can't eat 4oz of sausage and two eggs, that's a lot, whew Pamela it's great that your family will be all together today, what a blessing .

OK regarding 30DS … I did a total of 23 jumping jacks and the warm up exercises with Jillian then I was done. I remembered why I never committed to doing 30DS. I can't do jumping jacks and push ups back to back with those squats and weights my knees hurt. I do however want to get in the habit of doing jumping jacks for some reason. My daughter and I did Just Dance 2 and I entered it into MFP as 30 minutes of dancing and earned 173 calories so I'll take it. I broke a sweat for sure and the heart rate was up since I am definitely not a dancer

This mornings weigh in 169.6 down .4. I'm feeling good about my mini workout last night, and I had fun. When I'd get winded my daughter would say, Don't stop, keep going! She's so cute

Week 4 of 5

01/22 ~ 169.8 (-0.8)
01/23 ~ 170.4 (+0.6)
01/24 ~ 170.0 (-0.4)
01/25 ~ 169.6 (-0.4)
01/26 ~
01/27 ~
01/28 ~

total loss for the week

12/08 weight 178.2
12/27 weight 180.4
01/08 weight 173.4
01/27 weight ???.?

Last edited by love2b150 : 01-25-2014 at 10:11 AM.
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.