Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 06:43 AM   #316  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Suzanne regarding the garbage disposal ... do you have the little keep that you unclog it with from under the bottom? I got one at Lowes. It works wonders until you can replace the garbage disposal and also hit the reset button.

Vi I believe just about all of us have modified this diet in some way or have stopped doing it all together but we are a good group (we work well together) so until we go back to slow carbing we still hang out here (correct me if I'm wrong friends) I have found that one addition item (regular carb) added to any day is a disaster for me. I did try one cheat day and it lead to 2-3 I think (Jacqui may recall). Others here do really well. I am just not disciplined enough I think your way is worth a try. You will never know until you try.

TwoTots enjoy your friends, wining and dining Pick things back up when you get back Just remember your water daily

ok stomach a little rumbly yesterday with TOM. Calories very low yesterday but will make that up today. It gave me a victory on the scale this morning but it will be back to normal tomorrow for sure. New (temporary low 166.2)
Old 02-26-2014, 10:21 AM   #317  

Good morning everyone! I have my last final to take today for my school term and then I am done with school until March 7. I am up studying and will take the exam this afternoon, then more painting at my family home this afternoon when the exam is done. I went to sleep early last night, TOM makes me miserable, so didn't get much studying done yesterday. As I get older, my TOM gets worse. Grand child got to the doctor yesterday and was able to get medicine for her pink eye. She also has an ear infection and got medicine for that. The baby fascinates me so much. She has beautiful blue eyes and light hair and everyone in my family, including my children, all have very dark hair and brown eyes. I love to stare at her lol.

Rennie, I did flip the reset button a couple of times and no luck. I had a 1/3 hp unit. I read online that it is best to get a 3/4 or 1hp unit with stainless steel blades and chamber. I looked inside the garbage disposal with a flashlight and it looks like the galvanized steel from my old disposal is pretty much rusted. Plus it doesn't help to find bottle rings and bottle caps in there from time to time. We need to be more careful. And congrats on 166.2! Hurray!

Hi Vi, welcome to the forum! I haven't started the diet as yet, so haven't had a cheat day yet, but will look forward to those for sure once I start. I will begin once my dreaded TOM is over with.

TwoTots, London! Wow! I will be there this summer. I won a scholarship through my school to attend some day classes at University of Oxford. Can't wait! I graduate May 9 which is a good 2 months away. Hopefully I can drop a few lbs before then.

Friday is my mother's 65th birthday! We are planning a nice celebration for her.

I better resume my studies and get this last test over with today. Wishing you an on plan day today! Cheers, friends!
Old 02-26-2014, 10:56 AM   #318  
~Rennie

Suzanne that's just being a proud grandma I'll be 48 in April and my TOM is now coming twice a month, spotty for a week or not at all. I can't wait until I am done. Thanks on my weigh in on you final

Have any of you tried the Fast Metabolism Diet. I just reserved the books at the library. I like to read up on speeding up my metabolism and losing weight. Then I'm gonna try to 7 day challenge and see how things go of course it will be tweaked no trigger foods
Old 02-26-2014, 01:34 PM   #319  

S/C/G: 165/133/125

Height: 5'5

So yesterday I was up a bit to 148.6 which was not a big deal for me. However I didn't have the best day as I won free chips at my WW meeting and then went on to eat them all watching TV instead of saving them til cheat day *sigh* Also didn't exercise which was disappointing and wasn't feeling like dinner so just had some almond butter. BUT fearing a gain, today I went down to 147 pounds Funny how the body works, maybe just needed to up my calories a little for a day to trick my body into thinking it could lose weight. In any case, I'm really excited about it and feeling even more determined to stick to my slow carb foods for the next three days until cheat day on Saturday!

2/20: 149.8
2/21: 150.8
2/22: 149
2/23: 148
2/24: 148.4
2/25: 148.6
2/26: 147

InCertainCompany, the nice thing about metabolism is it can be fixed From what I've read, just need to slowly increase your calories and eat unprocessed foods (weight training helps as well). I'm the same way with wanting to start after TOM for that psychological gain, I did it this time and it's working so far! As for Paleo versus slow carb, the difference is mainly the legumes give you more carbs than fruit so you don't eat quite so much meat and healthy fat. If you hate beans and lentils, I can see why someone would do Paleo instead and I personally think it's fine to eat fruit in moderation on Slow Carb - you might lose weight slower (experiment a month with and without if you want to know for yourself) but if it makes you happier (and they do provide health benefits), go for it! You're always welcome to the thread no matter what you choose. And don't beat yourself up about the surgery weight gain, I've heard it happens to plenty of people. It's super hard to maintain weight and permanently change your habits, it's just a matter of not giving up. Good luck on the exam!

Jacqui Yay for cheat day weight coming off!

Rennie, thanks! I lost some of my will power dust yesterday so I hope it went to you It's back today though! You're asking the wrong person about stomach's though, that's my main motivation for losing weight as it's where I gain most of my fat and my stomach looks different to most people I've seen where it looks similar to people who weigh 40 pounds heavier to me at my height. It's just very round, soft and poofy getting more round and out to my belly button and below. From the research I've done, since you can't spot reduce, the best way to help lower your stomach besides that is to not eat processed foods (eat very clean), don't eat too much salt and drink LOTS of water. Congrats on the scale loss! It's always fun to see a new low even if it goes away briefly. I haven't read that book but I suggest trying out Master Your Metabolism by Jillian Michaels, there's lots of good info in that.

Hi Vi, welcome to the thread! Congrats on being down two pounds! I'm glad the diet is working well for you and just remember you can eat all the bread you want on cheat day! As for cheat meals vs. cheat days, the real purpose of the cheat day is to psychologically help you eat the right foods during the rest of the week and to boost your metabolism by getting a lot of calories to keep your body thinking it's safe to lose weight. So if you have one big cheat meal that's able to up your calories to say, 2000 or above than I think you'd be fine if that's enough to keep you going strong on the diet the rest of the week. But the best practice would be to try it yourself and see if a cheat meal or cheat day works better for you. And don't freak out too much about eating a lot on one day, it takes a lot more than that to gain back the weight!

TwoTots Enjoy London!! I was there in November and it was amazing. Just be sure to do plenty of walking and I'm sure you'll be fine.

Steph, at least you didn't go too crazy with the food and drinks like you said Today is a new day and I hope it goes better!
Old 02-26-2014, 04:52 PM   #320  
Vi

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'7"

Thanks guys I noticed some of you have spoke of work outs, has adding exercise improved your results?
Old 02-26-2014, 05:09 PM   #321  
~Rennie

Zucena nice weigh in today

Vi I only walk, that is it for my workout and yes it does wonders for me
Old 02-26-2014, 06:09 PM   #322  
Vi

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'7"

Rennie Ty. Sorry about all the questions. lol
Old 02-26-2014, 09:22 PM   #323  
~Rennie

Vi Honey don't be sorry. I still ask tons of questions ... by all means ask away
Old 02-26-2014, 09:49 PM   #324  
myjenny

S/C/G: 207/207/150

Height: 5'2"

Hey everyone! I am new to this thread and wanted to introduce myself. I have been doing low carb off and on for a couple of years. I need to get the rest of this weight off and have it be something I can stick with. This woe sounds like something that could be a good fit for me. I am looking forward to getting to know you all!
Old 02-26-2014, 10:15 PM   #325  
~Rennie

Hi Jenny and to the thread Glad to have you
Old 02-26-2014, 10:40 PM   #326  
myjenny

S/C/G: 207/207/150

Height: 5'2"

Thanks Rennie!!!

Last edited by myjenny; 02-26-2014 at 10:40 PM.
Old 02-27-2014, 01:46 AM   #327  

S/C/G: 168/150

Height: 5'5"

Hello, Ladies!

Been working on the condo and we have the 2 mirrors up and refinishing a master bath mirror in cherry to match the vanity! Hubby is working on the closets. Then we will only have the towel hooks to go. Whew! Cleaning and then ready to move in or rent.

Eating is going well, too. Had breakfast for supper!

Blessings!
Old 02-27-2014, 08:45 AM   #328  
Steph

S/C/G: HW 221/ CW 176/GW 155

Height: 5'6"

Good morning Peeps!
Down .6 lb at WW weigh-in last night. Not as bad as I feared... or as good as I hoped for! Was just enough though to get my 25 lbs lost charm for my WW keychain!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-27-2014, 09:04 AM   #329  
Steph

S/C/G: HW 221/ CW 176/GW 155

Height: 5'6"

And congrats on your losses Rennie & Zucena! Great to have you join us Jenny! More later. Gotta dash. Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 02-27-2014, 01:15 PM   #330  

S/C/G: 165/133/125

Height: 5'5

Yesterday was a great day for me! I stuck to my eating plan with a couple little changes (lentil soup for one) and I almost didn't workout because it was raining but I pushed myself to workout to 30 Day Shred and got a great workout in. I weighed in today at 148.2 but I'm cool with that. Just two more days til cheat day!

2/21: 150.8
2/22: 149
2/23: 148
2/24: 148.4
2/25: 148.6
2/26: 147
2/27: 148.2

Vi, I've found exercise (weight training and cardio) helps me lose more weight as well as provide more motivation to eat better. I wouldn't overdo it though, an hour a day is a good amount as far as I'm concerned but I'm perfectly happy with a half hour as well. The results are usually 70-80% diet though so that's the most important thing to focus on.

Rennie, thanks!

Jenny, welcome to the thread! I hope you stick around and lose the rest of the weight with us

Cindi, good job on getting all that work done! Good job on the eating

Steph, congrats on the loss! Every little bit counts. And I'd LOVE to get a keychain so that's awesome. Also thanks
Closed Thread