3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Carb Counters > Other Reduced Carb Diets

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 10:47 PM   #151
Steph

S/C/G: HW 221/ CW 176/GW 155

Height: 5'6"

Pamela, sorry to hear you aren't feeling well either. Don't know, but there's probably a lesson there...

One of my favorite smoothies is choc/peanut butter/ banana. Oh my! So delicious! I use peanut butter/choc protein powder from Walmart, 1 banana, a scoop of chunky peanut butter, some flax seed, a few tbs if yogurt, some almond milk, a splash of 1% milk and ice all blended in the blender. Makes enough for my breakfast and 1 to go for lunch. Haven't had one in awhile becAuse been trying to go low carb, and fruit smoothies always seem to appeal more in warm weather, but sure sounds good and easy on the stomach! During the summer, I had it almost everyday. I have also used PB2 but like the real chunky peanut butter better. Of course! It's more calories!!!!

Night all. (I will sleep tonight, I will sleep tonight...)
Old 02-04-2014, 02:48 AM   #152

S/C/G: 168/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi! Been searching and reading, trying to find the right "fit" and I must be doing a slow carb diet, too. Would love to join you. I have been working on losing 20 lbs and have managed to get 10 of it off! Found out some of the weight gain was due to a thyroid that decided to stop working. Am now on meds and now I feel great! I have more energy and my skin and hair are both doing better.

Would like some help in finding one of those little scales many of you have at the bottom of your posts. Open to suggestions and ideas. Love to work on healthy eating and recipes.

Looking forward to getting to know you ALL!

Blessings,
McSurf
Old 02-04-2014, 09:00 AM   #153

S/C/G: 244/216/160

Height: 5ft 4in.

Hello everyone. i'm at home sick from work. Looks like there's a lot of it about! Felt rough in work yesterday, nauseous all day. When I came home I had a roll and sweet spread to make me feel better. i couldn't face meat, salad or eggs. I hope I didn't do too much damage. Today I'm on the couch, no exercise but I'm eating better. Hopefully feel better tomorrow. Feel well everyone.
BF: eggs, mushrooms, beans, ham
Snack; Quest protein bar
Lunch; chicken legs
Dinner: protein shake with spinach, chia seeds, ice cubes.
Old 02-04-2014, 11:00 AM   #154

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi McSurf! and congrats on being 10 lbs down! It's good to have you join us! I'm glad your doctor discovered your thyroid problem, put you on meds, and now you are feeling better! I'm sure it makes a world of difference! As for the ticker, you have to be a 3FC member for 20 days (to the minute) and have 20 posts to get one. Here is a link to info on it: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/anno...questions.html.

TwoTots, oh my, sounds like stomach flu. The only thing I can eat and drink when I have the stomach flu is buttered toast, ginger ale, and hot tea. Just don't give the diet a second thought while you are trying to get well! Eat and drink what you can. You just need to feel better, and I hope you do very soon!

Steph, I hope you feel better soon too! I do hope it's just the carbs and not the flu!

Rennie, thank you! I hope you stay well during this cold and flu season!

*See my modified Slow Carb Diet plan @ Carb-Sensitive Dieting (Thread 5)

GOAL: 164 lbs, Normal Weight (BMI)
MAINTENANCE GOAL: Keep slow-carbing!

= 10 lbs lost; = 5 lbs lost: _____
"A year from now, what will I wish I had done today?" -- Unknown Author
Old 02-04-2014, 11:11 AM   #155

Good news, I didn't go up in weight because of the sodium in my Oriental dinner last night!

Week 29:
2/1: 173 Cheat Day
2/2: 173.5
2/3: 173
2/4: 171.5
2/5:
2/6:
2/7:

Today's Meals:
Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs, a teapot of green tea, Mio water
Lunch: fried chicken with skin removed, Mio water
Snack: Diet Dr. Pepper, a handful of mixed nuts
Dinner: cottage cheese, a few walnuts, a teapot of mint green tea, Mio water

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 02-04-2014 at 10:12 PM.
Old 02-04-2014, 12:51 PM   #156
Slow Carb Newbie

S/C/G: Starting at 155 / ticker / 130

Height: 5' 6"

Welcome McSurf!! And congrats on losing 10 pds thus far!!

For tips on eating healthy, I would recommend doing some reading on "clean eating" and try to incorporate some of their guidence. It's such a great way to eat nutrient dense foods that our bodies absorb, instead of wasting our calories on low nutrient/empty calorie foods. Good luck though! You are already doing great.

I hope ALL of you ladies are feeling better. Tis the season for so many illness isn't it?

Jacqui when I read what you ate I thought you did an amazing job ordering such a healthy and low carb meal at a place where I would find it hard to resist temptation. Chinese food = YUM! And look at your loss! Well done you!

I have to admit I am really craving bread right now. I would die for a sandwich or burger. I think I'll try the Oooopsies since it sounds like they have a lower calorie count?

I was also considering carb cycling. Has anyone heard and tried this yet? A cycle as follows so your matabolism doesn't get stuck: 3-day cycle throughout the week. Day 1 no carbs (less than 25g), day 2 low carbs, day 3 high carbs, day 4 no carbs, day 5 low carbs, day 6 high carbs, and then some sites mention day 7 as your cheat day. This is something professional bodybuilders do often, and the food they eat is very clean. But right now the idea of being able to have a chicken sandwich with wheat bread is sooooooo tempting.

Any thoughts?

Oh, I dropped .6 since yesterday. Down to 148.2. Last Sat I was at 147, so this upcoming Sat I aiming for 145pds for my 2 week loss goal.

Last edited by Missy123; 02-04-2014 at 12:53 PM.
Old 02-04-2014, 12:54 PM   #157

S/C/G: 175/175/120

Height: 5' 0"

Wow.. lots of sick ones today.. I hope everyone gets better and quick.. not fun.. sending my love and lots of healing vibes!

Welcome McSurf and congratulations on the weight loss!

My tummy is better, it was just the "cheat" day stuff.. too much towards the evening is probably what did it.. however, I probably would have been burping all day if I ate that potato salad earlier... so..

OMG, I forgot I do have some PB2, I have the choco one too.. what a ditz I am, I forgot that I had it.. eww, I hope it didn't expire.. Wow.. what an idiot, both of these are expired.. 02/2013 and 12/2012.. what do you think? They are powders, should they still be ok?

I have told 2 of my friends I'm on this diet.. why do they both think this is a "guys" diet? I don't get it.. they think high protein, low carb is for guys? AND they think I will just gain, not lose?

My Meals Monday 2/3/14:

B - Scrambled Eggs with Chorizo and a sprinkle of cheese, coffee and sf creamer
S - None
L - Burger Patty with Alfredo Sauce (2g per serving, had half serving)
S - Leftover B-fast not eaten
D - 1 Leftover Porkchop (gross) and Zuchinni
S - tbsp Peanut Butter

Water / Tea - approx 32 oz
Old 02-04-2014, 12:57 PM   #158

Just a suggestion and Idea.. I wished we would put this group in a Facebook Group page.. it's easier to comment on each persons post and not forget or try to browse down to remember who said what, did what, etc..

Just an idea Or.. you could just club me and send me to my corner.. lol

Last edited by pamela631; 02-04-2014 at 01:09 PM.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:16 PM   #159
Slow Carb Newbie

Ok all. I decided to run an experiment and do Chris Powell's Turbo carbo cycle. It's fastest way to lose weight via carb cycling.

2 low carb days
1 high carb day

And then he talks about the 7th day being the cheat day, but I think I'll just keep it to a cheat meal since I am getting close to my Carribean trip.

Here's a link to his web site and the Turbo Carb Cycle info, but you can see his other material on carb cycling and why it works, if interested.

http://chrispowell.com/turbo-carb-cycling-program/

Chris Powell is the guy on Extreme Weighloss show.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:59 PM   #160

Hey Missy, that sounds interesting.. but he doesn't tell you exactly what the amount of HIGH CARBS and LOW CARBS that you should be eating on those days.. unless I missed something?
Old 02-04-2014, 09:47 PM   #161
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/197.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

McSurf to the thread Congratulations on the 10lbs GONE

TwoTots, sorry to hear you aren't feeling well I hope you feel better tomorrow I wonder if some chicken or vegetable broth may have made you feel a little better. But bread like crackers work for nausea for sure I hope you don't have the stomach flu

Thanks Jacqui so many people are coughing and carrying on at the job but they also are half dressed in my opinion. Good job on the 1.5 down I gained it Jacqui did you see my question about switching out the coconut oil for olive oil?

Missy let me know how you like the oopsie bread. And I calorie cycled in 2011 when I would hit a stall and it works. However on the high days I often found it hard to get all of my calories in but the scale still moved. LOL I just realized once again you said CARB cycling I'd like to give this a shot with good menus of course. Please keep us posted if you decide to do this Good job on the .6 down There's low carb wheat bread so I'd have the sandwich but that is just me and the Healthy Life bread that I found doesn't make me crave carbs so once I eat whatever is made with it I am done. Most times I can only eat one slice, which is a great thing

Pamela I burp eggs when I eat them boiled unless they are warm, so I know what you mean. Glad your stomach is feeling better and it was just late eating On the PB2, I'd mix a serving and taste it (mine is probably expired also) but I don't typically throw things away just because of a date, unless I can clearly see it is bad Well ... regarding your friends thinking this is a guy diet, you'll have to show them different and when they see you looking good (better than ever) they'll want to do it too Some of my friends from when I first started on 3FC formed a group FB but none of them with the exception of one and me still post on 3FC. I think most feel it's one or the other, idk and some may feel FB is too personal. Just my thoughts

Well like I said to Jacqui I gained her 1.5lb loss and Missy's .6 ... I know it's sodium though. My son made fried chicken thighs and they were too salty but I wanted it and continued to eat. My other son made fries and I ate 5 with ketchup, a :no-no: I know ... but this way I don't need a cheat day because I already need to drop 2.4lbs plus some to show a loss this week. TOM didn't last long and even though I feel lighter and my clothes are baggy. My pants are really looking bad and don't have money for new ones at the moment but I guess it would be stupid to buy all new clothes only to not be able to fit those also. Can't win, sigh!

Last edited by love2b150; 02-04-2014 at 10:10 PM.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:53 PM   #162
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/197.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

HUH too late to get it right this week ... tomorrow starts a new

Week 5 of 5

01/29 ~ 169.0 (-0.4)
01/30 ~ 168.8 (-0.2) TOM
01/31 ~ 168.8 (N/C) TOM
02/01 ~ 168.4 (-0.4) TOM
02/02 ~ 168.2 (-0.2) LTOM<--- last day of Consecration
02/03 ~ 169.2 (+1.0)
02/04 ~ 170.4 (+1.2)

total gain for the week 1.4lbs
Old 02-04-2014, 10:28 PM   #163

Rennie, I have read that coconut oil is good for baking because it has the same rich consistency and taste as butter. But olive oil should work fine as a substitute. It might have a slightly different taste but the consistency should be the same. It has the same number of calories and overall fat grams as coconut oil but fewer saturated fat grams (although recent studies say saturated fat is not the evil it was once thought to be), and both have 0 cholesterol.

I'll write more later Everyone. I just don't feel well tonight.

Old 02-05-2014, 02:16 AM   #164

S/C/G: 244/216/160

Height: 5ft 4in.

Good morning All. Stay well Jacqui. My stomach feels better today but I now have a head cold. it's better than nausea! I have to go to work today I have 2 meetings. I have my workout gear on and will try and do 15 minutes on the cross trainer. I've had a large glass of warm water and lemon, now I'm having a green tea. Todays food looks like
BF;Chocolate chia seed, coffee shake, no spinach left.
Snack: chicken legs, 3
Lunch: egg mayonnaise (small spoon) with ham, tomato and lettuce
Snack: some monkey nuts
Dinner: Maybe chili and salad or avocado and cottage cheese.
Have a good day everyone.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:55 AM   #165
Slow Carb Newbie

Hope everyone starts to feel better!!! Be gentle with yourself.

Rennie you will lose that water weight for sure! I didn't really take a cheat day this past weekend (just a couple of small cheat items), and I'm glad I didn't and got back on track, so I understand. But it's only Wed so you never know! If your cheat day is Saturday, you may lose that water weight!

I've heard about coconut oil when reading healthy recipes, but I don't remember the details. Let us know if you use it. I think it is a paste consistency and you melt it down. Like a crisko(sp?) consistency.

I had half of a 6" sub roll last night with lunch meat when I came home and that satisfied my craving. My calories and carbs still weren't high for the day, and I hit the gym.

I weighed in at 146.8 this morning, which is an all time low since I've started this!

I think given my recent success I'll just carry on and not try the Carb Cycle program, and will get some low carb bread when the craving strikes. If I platuau then I'll try the carb cycling.

Pamela, it was really hard for me to find any details on the carb amounts. One site mentioned less than 30g carbs on low carb days, and up to 150g on high carb days.