3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Other Reduced Carb Diets (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/other-reduced-carb-diets-227/)
-   -   Dukan Diet Support Part 3 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/other-reduced-carb-diets/262305-dukan-diet-support-part-3-a.html)

Trenchie 10-06-2012 10:20 AM

I am finally back after my trip... good thing is... I lost a pound loll so yeah, starting weight: 203,2 and I took my measurement...

I don't have much problem with eggs, the problem is chicken, I get so tired of it after a while...

I have some Ideal protein packets at home too so that can diversify things from time to time

bigdeamer92 10-08-2012 01:25 PM

Hi everyone!
Today is my first day on the Dukan Diet Attack Phase! I look forward to sharing my journey with all of you and hearing yours! Does anyone have tips on snacks to eat during the attack phase?
Thanks! :D

amak30 10-09-2012 05:34 AM

Hi bigdeamer and welcome:carrot:
So glad you're giving the diet a go because it really works
How many days do you plan to stay on attack?

Some snacks that I had were cold rotisserie chicken breast with the skin removed, chicken drumsticks baked in the oven (again without the skin), low fat ham spread with low fat ricotta and rolled up, hard boiled eggs and tinned tuna in spring water.

Good luck and keep posting progress updates
Anna

xoxoadore 10-11-2012 05:14 PM

hey everyone! I'd love to start the Dunkan diet but my problem is I'm lactose intolerant and I only eat fish (of all the meats) does someone have anytips? do you guys think it's still possilble to do the attack phase with out these foods? :/

Filcha 11-14-2012 09:34 PM

Hi,

I think it's hard if you dont eat dairy or most meats. It doesn't leave a lot of variety for PP days! There is tofu... I guess it's possible but it would be difficult.

nearlythere 11-21-2012 02:02 AM

nearly there

Hi all,
I have just joined the post, first time I have ever blogged. I have 1 kilo to go to get to my goal weight. I am on the cruise phase and am scared when I do get down of going onto consolidation. Guess just need to take one step at a time, or one day at a time. I am not missing carbs but feel if I have one piece of bread whoosh the flood gates will open, what are people's experiences? Also how long did people take to lose 1 kilo on cruise?
Looking forward to reading people's blogs.

nearlythere 11-21-2012 02:04 AM

I don't eat meat but do eat fish and tofu which has been my saviour. You can do so much with it. Also eggs, use the whites a lot so you can still do it.

Allimac1 01-03-2013 06:09 AM

Hi guys,

This thread has really grown since I was last on in 2011! At that time I was doing really well with Dukans, it was really the best and easiest diet I had ever done .... carbs/sugar cravings were practically gone - unfortunately I went off it and planned that from then on I would eat more healthily but guess what? I didnt .... and the weight has piled on again.

I started the attack phase yesterday but only had the guts to weigh myself this morning ....

I found yesterday absolutely fine - I drank loads of water, had plenty of turkey, salmon, eggs, made the pancake with low fat greek yogurt and it was delicious ....

Going skiing in 3 weeks and really want to shed some pounds before I go - feeling positive!!!!

Allimac1 01-04-2013 04:38 AM

Down 5 lbs this morning!!!

April Snow 01-04-2013 10:31 PM

Hi Alliemac!

I'm in the same boat - did great on Dukan for several months, and the drifted off and gained back almost everything. I'm re-starting on Sunday, so I have tomorrow to get all my Attack food at the store and ready to go!

I'm glad to see there is still a Dukan thread, hopefully you and I can support each other and we'll see others join back in too.

LAF58 01-05-2013 12:20 AM

Hi Allimac and AprilSnow

I just started Dukan this week and have lost 3.5 pounds so far, i find it easier if i don't have to cook for others....the smells just make me crazy!
(I told my DH he would be on his own for meals if he wanted anything off plan :^: , but he's ok with that, he knows how much i want to stay on track this time around. (we are planning a tropical vacation in early March :beach:)

Anyway, if you are looking for a Dukan buddy, i'd love to keep in touch.

:dust:

April Snow 01-05-2013 06:08 PM

Hi LAF!! So glad to see that there are other current Dukaners on here! You are having a great first week with 3.5 lbs down, wow!

Allimac1 01-07-2013 03:54 AM

Hi April Snow and LAF58, great to see current Dukaners!!

Sorry to hear about your gain April Snow, when I did this first time around in May/June, 2011 you were really active on this forum and gave brilliant advice. It's great to know though that you can do it again, you've done it before and it is certainly achievable!!!

I'm on day 6, still down the same 5 lbs as day 3 but I think the initial big loss was water ... I'm definitely down inches and my energy levels have surged after the initial lull from day 1 to day 3 .... did loads of housework over the weekend, I am feeling less lethargic and very positive today :)

Well done on your 3.5 lbs loss LAF78 :)

Looking forward to catching up with you.

April Snow 01-08-2013 10:33 AM

Ugh, a new social group I'm joining has the first activity since I joined at a pizza place this weekend! I just went through the menu and there is nothing, and I mean nothing, on there I can eat. I'm thinking I would try to just eat some veggies and a little cheese off the top of a slice of pizza and hopefully not look too noticeable doing so?

That is the one main drawback I have with Dukan, it's not all that flexible when you aren't in control of the menu or choosing where to eat. I can generally do ok at many restaurants and get some sort of protein and vegetable. But that's not always an option. I definitely don't want to go off plan before I've even made my first week back though!

Allimac1 01-08-2013 11:28 AM

Don't go off your plan April Snow .... it's a pizza place, if they don't have prepared salads then they will have loads of toppings. I'm sure if you had a quiet word with your waitress/waiter you could get them to put together a plate of bits and pieces for you such as chicken, ham, beef(?), tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers, onion and other allowed veg and just incorporate it into you PV day :)

If you tell some of your social group what you are doing I bet they'll be more than impressed!

Also, perhaps have your oat bran and fill up with water and other protein before you go? :chicken:

Best of luck