Old 04-18-2014, 07:45 AM   #421  

S/C/G: 280/214.4/161

Height: 5'7"

Hi Dukan buddies. Thanks for the support and encouragement. Dr does think the stones are uric acid ones and put me on high dose potassium citrate along with change in diet. I did have stones before 2 yrs ago, so can't blame the diet really.

Jenn, I'm encouraged that you are liking consolidation. I think it's a very key part of the diet. I've seen others gain when they went back to old habits after losing on cruise.

SSM, you're doing so well with your planning ahead. I've liked how well this way of eating has fit into my lifestyle so far. I find it very doable.

The changes I'm having to make now have thrown me a little bit but I'm starting to once again assemble my go-to foods to have on hand. Legumes have become my new meat and I found a veggie burger I can use for a protein substitute. I eat gluten free so it's hard to find ones without wheat gluten ingredients. I've had to be flexible about not being able to follow the plan exactly. So, I'm working on finding my way thru recent developments 😏

Sue
Sierrasue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 05:57 PM   #422  
Jenn

S/C/G: 113/85/75

Sue,That matches my understanding, if you are not susceptible, the diet won't affect the formation of stones, if you are susceptible it may.there is a forum here who talks sbout a slow carb diet, Dukan pv days, without limited animal proteins, looks about the same. You might get ideas from there.

There are times when I use a lot of tofu and quorn type products. Tofu is fine, but I get stomach upsets if I have too much microproteins. Apparently it can happen.

I hope the stones pass quickly and hopefully painlessly.

As to consol .. It has definitely to change the way my body reacts to variations in food. I can enjoy a much wider range of food, but my appetite is usually well within 'normal' limits. I haven't added much processed sugar back to the diet and this Easter I will be chocolate free for the most part and this will be by choice, not restrictions. I just don't have the desire anymore.

I will have some spicy fruity buns though as a treat but that feels like enough.

It's such a change and much more like I was when being thin and eating well did not require conscious thought. I am hoping stabilisation will be much the same when I transition over soon. I'm not planning many changes to my lifestyle at this stage. But a stable weight (some blips, but learning how to both avoid them as well as deal with them) for almost a year post cruise now.
Electro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 04:46 PM   #423  

Hi Electro, Sue
It is really great to hear your continuing stories of weight loss and maintenance and even with hurdles that have been thrown on your path along the way, you both keep going, it keeps me going as I have things far easier. I cannot wait until I get to my consol phase (just for my glass of vino). I had my first sugar craving the other day and gave in, a small chocolate egg (when I say small, smaller than a hen egg) and immediately felt guilty, but I gave myself a good talking to and hey yes I fell off the wagon, but I had to stop mobing/ feeling guilty and get over it, so I did! My birthday is next weekend and I've decided to have a few drinks, i am (as per electro's advise) with have pv days before and after, might do 5 pp days before hand I'll see how I get on.
Super_Slim_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 04:53 PM   #424  

Mimi
How are you doinng?
Old 04-19-2014, 08:27 PM   #425  
Jenn

SuperSM, don't stress too much about doing extra PP days around your birthday. Just stay on plan for every meal that you can. For instance have a PP breakfast, keep your food PV while celebrating but allow for the cake and wine when it is time. And enjoy your birthday celebrations using whatever you decide to have as part of it.

However if you deprive yourself too much for too long you will be more likely to end up feel deprived physically and emotionally which can lead to binging behaviours. That has been my experience in the past.

It will cause a blip but not too much. We will be on this diet for a while and practicing restraint is good for when stabilisation and consol is happening. This includes restraint on the saintly behaviours as well.

Mimi, hope you are still doing well.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:07 PM   #426  

Thanks Electro yet again :-D. So weigh in yesterday and I'm 2lbs down! yipee. I am away again this week with another friend to her home, but she is totally supportive so just brought down my "raw materials" ie chicken and eggs and will sort myself out. I had a 1/2 bar of chocolate yesterday just because the weekend that was in it and I really felt unwell, would this be a normal reaction? Has anyone experienced this before?
Old 04-23-2014, 09:18 AM   #427  

S/C/G: 146/138/125

Height: 5'5

Good Morning!

After tons of research, I have decided to try Dukan. Today is day 1.

I weighed in this morning and my goal is 19lbs. Fiance also needs to lose some weight (about 25lbs) so I am preparing Dukan food for him every meal that we are together (breakfast and dinner during the week) but for his lunches, he is on his own since he refuses to bring a packed lunch.

I chose Dukan because I am a big fan of eating whole foods, I can't tolerate artificial sweetener and I am gluten free. In addition, I believe I have been battling some systemic yeast issues for quite some time and this type of diet seems to be the only solution to clearing that.

So far today I have had a ramekin of microwaved egg beaters with a little pepper and some greek yoghurt. For lunch I have some turkey meatballs that I baked last night with some ground turkey and spices. For snack I have some thinly sliced chicken breast (I like deli meat but I am trying to avoid the salt) and brought 1 1/2 tabelspoons of Oat Bran for when I'm craving carbs this afternoon. Dinner might be a 4oz fillet or possibly some shrimp depending on what I'm craving.

Any suggestions for the shrimp? I was thinking possibly cold with cocktail sauce but I read the jar of cocktail sauce last night and it contains sugar so that is out.

Feeling pretty positive about starting today, we are getting married in the beginning of March (10 months) and I really want to look my best and be in a good healthy lifestyle groove.
Ash15+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 05:38 AM   #428  
Jenn

Hi and welcome to the team. Wow, the thread is getting active again and so many new people starting out.

No suggestions on the shrimps, maybe just some seasoning and a bit of lemon juice. There are some good recipes on Dukaners.com and my Dukandiet.com if you want inspiration.

My tips are more about getting through a reasonable attack ohase (don't make it too long, anything after three days is not much different to being on cruise).

Attack has a habit of being at it's worst on day 3 when the body is losing the last of it's easy energy sources and is waiting for the switch over to fat burning. My suggestion for that day is don't make big decisions, have arguments, drink lots of water and eat the chicken, the whole chicken! Whatever it takes to get through the day, just eat! Your appetite will settle back to normal pretty quickly but it is on days like day three you need to take advantage of the unlimited amounts of food option.

Good luck, looking forward to hearing about you and your fiancés success on the plan.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:42 AM   #429  

Good morning!

Weighed in this morning down 1.4lbs, all water weight I know but still nice to see the scale move down for the first time in ages. (Must have been the having to pee every 10 minutes yesterday!)

Thanks for the advice on Attack, I probably started this at the wrong time as I have a big exam tonight but too late now! This is day 2 and it was definitely more difficult to get out of bed this morning, I noticed hubby had trouble too. My plan is to stay on attack for 3 days so hopefully tomorrow will go quickly (TGIF!)

Similar menu to yesterday planned for today, seemed to keep me full yesterday though I did have the sugar withdrawal headache which I'm sure will be worse today.
Old 04-24-2014, 06:31 PM   #430  
Jenn

Ah yes, the pee factor. I am sure that responding to that leads to the twenty minutes walking per day that he suggests. Exam time is probably not the best time to start, but then again there is always something.

1.4 is a great result, it's almost 20% of your target achieved already!

Keep eating through today, it does help and it does get better. A few weeks into this and you will be bouncing off the walls with energy and wondering how to burn it all off.

Good luck with the exam. What are you studying!
Old 04-25-2014, 08:55 AM   #431  

I work in finance and have to take constant exams for new qualifications and registrations. Ugh, wrote last night and at this point it could go either way.

Woke up feeling hungry (in spite of eating a full steak for dinner and a 1/4cup non fat ricotta for dessert) and slightly light headed and nauseated, coming from someone with a super high sugar diet, stopping completely is tough!
Still on track with eating and weighed in this morning .08lbs down for a total of 2.2lbs in 2 days which seems crazy! I suspect my losses will start to slow as I don't have a ton to lose and that makes it slower.

Last day of Attack! Can't wait for veggies tomorrow
Old 04-28-2014, 10:28 AM   #432  

On day 6 today and the losses slowed this weekend for 2 reasons:

1: Ate a bit too much sat and hubby really wanted rack of lamb on saturday night so that was a bit on the fatty side.

2: Sorry for the TMI but is it common experience not being able to go to the washroom on this diet? 3 days, brutal.

Anyway, down at total of 4.6lbs in 6 days which I'm still very happy with. Been feeling some nausea and headaches, obviously a side effect which have been sort of crummy but after some greek yoghurt and my 2tbsp of oat bran this morning I am feeling a bit better.
Old 04-29-2014, 08:44 AM   #433  

Today is day 7! Still on plan and losing. I am down another 1.2lbs from yesterday for a total of 5.8lbs in a week. 13.2lbs to go until my goal weight! Very happy with the results so far but still craving carbs constantly and have a terrible headache from the sugar withdrawal. Just goes to show what a sugar addiction I had. I have found that if I have my oat bran first thing in the morning it really helps with the nausea and light head so that is what I will do from now on.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:41 AM   #434  

Day 8- Back again! I seem to be the only one on here right now but I'll keep posting because it's keeping me honest.
No scale movement today but again I suspect that is because of the lack of *ahem* movement. Have been on plan and I have to say it might be starting to feel easier. I don't feel as sick or light headed, though the dull headache is still there. My energy may be rebounding a bit, didn't feel quite so much like a zombie this morning. So far I've had my oat bran porridge, some egg beaters and I'm about to have some greek yoghurt. Have to eat out tonight for my BIL's birthday but he chose a sushi restaurant so I'm planning to have some sashimi and call it a night

Happy Hump Day!
Old 05-01-2014, 08:42 AM   #435  

Day 9- No change again today but no gains which I consider a win after how much I ate last night. Didn't have any rice or carbs but did eat some seaweed salad, salmon baked in spicy mayo, edamame and sashimi. Didn't have any soy sauce but I'm sure the salt was still high. Going to drink tons of water today to flush that out.