3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Carb Counters > Other Reduced Carb Diets

Dukan Diet Support Part 3

Old 03-24-2013, 03:07 PM   #301
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

Hope there are still some Dukaners out there??

I'm getting myself back on track now - my dad passed away a week ago, and with the stress and travel, I haven't been 100% on plan but I'm getting back to it this week.

HAPPY SPRING & APRIL FOOLS CHALLENGE
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:41 AM   #302

Default Sorry for your loss

I am so sorry for the loss of your parent.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:23 AM   #303
I'm blessed, yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by April Snow
Hope there are still some Dukaners out there??

I'm getting myself back on track now - my dad passed away a week ago, and with the stress and travel, I haven't been 100% on plan but I'm getting back to it this week.
I'm so sorry for your loss
:*(

3/28 is my first day starting the diet I'm excited and need to lose about 50 pounds

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android
Deadlydame13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:30 AM   #304

S/C/G: 260/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

April I am so sorry for your loss.

I logged in here today after a long time away - due to many issues in my life.

I have put off starting Dukan because when I did it last time I lost weight but ended up with terrible constipation problems.

So, after reading here again I am contemplating giving it another try. I will ponder while at work today - because I definately need to loose this weight.

On my own I don't do well at all.

Isles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:57 PM   #305

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

((((April))))) So sorry for your loss.

How has the rest of your week been?
Old 04-13-2013, 06:09 PM   #306
Jenn

S/C/G: 113/85/75

Default Checking in

Hi

Just checking in. I've been away a lot with work and family issues, but despite some times where I had to resort to 'best possible' choices from a range of less than Dukan friendly options, weight loss has been steady. A couple of plateaus, but just sticking with the plan has been sufficient to see them shift.

I am close to my Dukan site calculated True Weight, though to be honest I did a couple of calculations on the site and got a couple of different TW's based more on what prior weights I have been comfortable at. So I have a couple of options. However, I am about to reach the first one! I am not sure that I will accept that one, but feel it is a good point to review my progress.

April - my condolences for what has happened. Part of my absence has been health issues for my parents and I have only had to face the possibility of what you are going through. Unfortunately for my folks it is a matter of timing generally and these times of concern are becoming more common.

How is everyone else going?
Electro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:16 PM   #307

Default Hello Everybody!

I started Dukan about a month ago. I am down 9 pounds and all that was in the first two weeks. Nothing, absolutely nothing, during the last two weeks.

I am not discouraged because I am definitely down in size, I feel good and people are commenting on "how much" weight I have lost.

Anyway, I am glad to be here and I am looking forward to hearing more from all of you.
NCLindaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:09 PM   #308

S/C/G: 217/217/156

Height: 5'4"

Anybody still around? I want to learn about Dukan.

Mar 26

1125 calories, 30 min exercise, bedtime 12:30PM
Lisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:19 PM   #309
Jenn

Things are a bit quiet on the site - it's a shame because this is an amazing program and it is working extremely well for me.

I am 30kg down since starting in Oct and that is without strict adherence or much change in other aspects of my life. My dress size is ridiculous compared to my weight, this diet has the benefits of slimming the body out of proportion to standard weight loss. Or at least that is my experience.

Hopefully we can build this thread to be more active, or at least I hope so.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:44 PM   #310
Jenn

Well a lazy day today, but I am off to get some of my things for the week.

Shopping list includes

Salmon fillet to cut up into serving size, though I will poach and flake about half of it today for salads and snacks.

Yoghurts - single serves for work. I keep a larger tub in the fridge as this is my go to food for the 'hungeries'. It's important in Dukan to NEVER be hungry, there are few limits on how much you eat, just what.

I'm heading to my favorite butcher for some local steaks. Mmmm, I never seem to have left over on these. It was the idea of being able to have good steaks on a diet and still lose weight that started me reading about the protein rich diets and started me on this path.

I am also out of my drinking powders, these are about the only thing that I use with artificial sweetners and I consider them my guilty treat.

The list is a bit protein heavy but I am well stocked on the veggies at the moment, there was a few sales at the local 'farmers' store so I am actually giving aways some things.

I will be cooking as I go this week, not much preparing ahead. I've got extra chicken portions left over from the weekend. Cajun style and some extra pie filling that I have without the pastry!

Well, I will check in again soon to keep the thread happening. Hope to see you guys around again soon.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:47 PM   #311

Default I'm pretty new at the Dukan diet. . .

But I have lost 24 lbs since February 1. I've never really, seriously dieted before, but with the death of several family members from heart trouble, I decided it was time to do something about those extra pounds. I have about 12-15 more lbs to lose but am feeling a little stuck. With traveling for different reasons, I have gotten off-track and then fight to get those gained lbs off each time I come home from a trip. Anyone have ideas for staying on this diet when traveling? My greatest weakness is snacking. I love having something that crunches!
firstdiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:14 AM   #312
Jenn

Hey!

Travelling is the tough one as a lot of Dukan food does not travel too well. A lot depends on the type of travel you do as well. I'm ok with a few days, but struggle with anything longer. Yoghurt is always my go to food as it is easily available and I have a habit of using deli meats for convenience (low salt is ok)

Hotels will pretty much make whatever you ask them to (eggs, eggs and more eggs) and airlines now often offer low carb foods or will respond to requests for same.

There are some great recipes for making a Dukan bread roll using your oatbran allowance or even a flat pita bread using soy. They use a few of your tolerated items but it does make having 'sandwiches' easier. I like the biscuits. I will try to post the recipes later.

For crunch there is a microwave biscuit (2tbs oatbran, 2tbs yoghurt. Nuke for one minute, flip and nuke for another minute) or on PV days you can make parsnip chips (slice thin, season and bake on a tray). Both need to be kept airtight but will give you the crunch factor.

Try thatbakergirl.com, mydukandiet.com, dukaners.com for some other options.

It sounds as though you have done amazing so far and hopefully some of this helps. I don't know if you are much of a baker, but there are some very good recipes out there.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:45 AM   #313

I LOVE to bake -- that's probably what got me into the overweight state I've been in for years! Yes, your post helped. I have made galettes for snacks when I travel. They're not too bad cold. I also have a chocolate muffin recipe I make up. For your microwave biscuit, do you make it on a plate or in a cup? I might try that. I also will check out the websites you mentioned. Thanks.
firstdiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:43 PM   #314
Jenn

Flat, I usually use a plate but I do have variable results.

When I am travelling with work I usually aim for PV days with the intention of not gaining rather than continuing to lose, but both of my business trips while on the plan have been overseas ones. Day trips I'm not too fussed about.

There are so many baking options for this diet that I am continuously surprised by what people come up with. I am not a baker so have only tried a few things.

This one seems to be very popular and I have copie pasted it from where I found it.

Source: mydukandiary.wordpress (sorry, still can't add links) .com

Makes 6 Muffins - Suitable for Cruise Phase

* 2 tbsp Wheat Bran
* 4 tbsp Oat Bran
* 6 tbsp Skim Milk Powder
* 3 Egg Whites
* 1 Whole Egg
* 1 tub (175g) Fat Free Vanilla Yoghurt
* 3 tbsp Sweetener (I use Splenda)
* 1 tsp Baking Powder
* 1tsp Vanilla Extract
* Dash of Cinnamon

1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celcius (350 F). Line a texas muffin tin with large cupcake linersÖthis saved on cleaning up and since the muffins tend to stick, you donít have to worry about using and fats to grease the tin.
2. Place Yoghurt, Egg White and Egg into a blender and give a quick whizz until itís all combined.
3. Add all the other ingredients and whizz again until well combinedÖyou might need to scrape the sides down with a spatula.
4. Pour evenly into the 6 muffin cups.
5. Bake for 25 minutes.
6. Let the muffins cool for a while in the tray, then transfer them to a wire rack if you have one.
7. Enjoy!

* The tops get very brown, thatís ok, it doesnít affect the taste.
* The finished muffins donít turn out huge in the end, more like regular size, because they sink when they come out of the oven.
* Also works as cake: just pour into loaf tin.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:45 PM   #315
Jenn

Weigh in went well today, so further losses to record, though small. I love the consistency on this program when you count the weigh ins on a weekly basis. Whoot.

I celebrated with a new pair of printed 'jeggings' with a simple plain top. I can wear my old boots with them. They have become my new favorites now that I can actually get them over my calves again. So good!

Hopefully more Dukaners (or others) will find the thread. Will pop back at the start of the week to see how things are going for others.
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.