3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Other Reduced Carb Diets (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/other-reduced-carb-diets-227/)
-   -   eating low-carb/high-fat without following any "named" plan--thread #2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/other-reduced-carb-diets/258555-eating-low-carb-high-fat-without-following-any-named-plan-thread-2-a.html)

4myloves 05-07-2012 10:54 AM

eating low-carb/high-fat without following any "named" plan--thread #2

We had 500+ posts on the other thread--YAY!!! So I started a new one!

Hope everyone (including ME!!) will join in and post!

rho1640 05-07-2012 02:19 PM

I'm here :D.

Totally cranky today and for no reason at all! So I decided to use some of it up to clean my kitchen some .... Maybe I need to be cranky for a year to get my house done lol

4myloves 05-07-2012 02:28 PM

Ha ha! I always clean(ed) best late at night. Now that I have kiddos and can't run the vacuum late I just never clean anymore :lol:

If you stay in a bad mood, come visit for awhile! After you've had your fill of cleaning, I'll cheer you up & we'll celebrate with a long walk and a cold bottle of water!

rho1640 05-08-2012 07:51 AM

:o I'm a horrible housekeeper - too many other things tempt me - and I can't keep ahead of hubs bring thing things in either ... So you don't want my help - but I'd be up for a cloudy day walk and water :D (remember sun allergy) and speaking of walking I just got a new book and need to read it - I saw an article on it and thought it looked interesting - is about getting up and walking for 20 minutes and the health benefits ... It's "The first 20 minutes".

So has anyone found their tastes changes doing this - or maybe it's from the bronchitis and sinus infection I had .... I have loved black olives forever - had some this week and hated them -- thought the first time it was because they were generic store brand so tried some of the ones we usually have in salad last night and ugh. Then I tried some cheddar cheese (boars head brand) and that taste yucky too...

rho1640 05-13-2012 09:42 AM

Trying to keep this up near the top - I know you all will be busy today with Mothers Day and all - but figured I would post anyway to have a new post - so free form posting :D

So hubs leaves Thursday around 4 am and won't be home till Sunday night - do I work in the house (which needs lots of work lol) or do I work outside which also has lots of work ... Or do I hope for a few nice days for outside work and a few rainy days for inside work :dizzy: The outside work is hard hard stuff .. But it needs to be done to be able to get the generator we got at a super super deal to where it will live and get a person in to hook it up to the street gas ... It will be so great to not worry with hurricane season coming up and not have to worry about finding gas when we need the generator. I'm also figuring that I will finish that area as a place to have the grill and a couple of either those low wooden chairs or those old metal chairs and a little table to put some iced tea on (I can only go out once the sun moves enough for this area to be shaded but it would be nice in late afternoon or evening when the house is too hot in the summer) I'm even thinking of looking into a gas grill that we can use with a tank of gas for now then switching to street gas when we get the generator hooked up ... No more getting heavy propane tanks - and when there is a storm and we need the generator I can still cook too (it take so little to make me happy doesn't it lol)

4myloves 05-14-2012 02:18 PM

OMG! Time to own up to how I've been eating lately (AND NOT exercising at all!). I've done this before, but now it's SO out of control!!!

I've not been changing my ticker, because, basically, I've been in denial. I keep thinking, oh, it's only 8....10.....14 lbs.....I can lose that back in two-three weeks. I've done that so long now that I'm up TWENTY lbs!!! I have to change my tracker from a 36 lb. loss to a 25 lb. loss. That's ELEVEN lbs. since I've been justifying these "small" gains to myself!!

My problem is this: I do so well through the week, when I'm at work, and then on the week-ends everything blows up out of control! I graze from boredom and eat EVERYTHING in sight!!

I can lose 5 lbs. from Monday through Friday and then gain every bit of it back over Saturday & Sunday.

I HAVE TO GET OVER THIS AND GET BACK ON TRACK!!!!!!

rho1640 05-15-2012 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4myloves (Post 4332937)

My problem is this: I do so well through the week, when I'm at work, and then on the week-ends everything blows up out of control! I graze from boredom and eat EVERYTHING in sight!!

I can lose 5 lbs. from Monday through Friday and then gain every bit of it back over Saturday & Sunday.

I HAVE TO GET OVER THIS AND GET BACK ON TRACK!!!!!!

Ok you can do this - I have total faith that you can - sit down and plan your weeks meals - you do great during the week so keep doing what you've been doing - then take the weekends one meal or even one hour at a time - you can do anything for one hour - right - drink lots of water or seltzer or coffee if you need to... Have lots of things you can grab and munch on - some nuts or cheese or meat or anything you like (put them into snack size bags so you only have to grab it and go)

Remember I said we may look into a new gas grill (that runs off street gas) went to an acquaintances yard sale - they are moving to Fla next week for good) and they were selling theirs and didn't have any takers because it was for street gas not propane - and we ended up getting it for $50 - a Weber Spirit 3 burner - it will have to wait to be hooked up when we get the generator hook up done (bring a line to this side of the house) but WHOO HOOO - I will have a generator and be able to cook if the power goes out - and no worries about finding gas for the generator or propane for the grill :D

And more money to go towards my fridge since I didn't spend it one the grill yay!

4myloves 05-15-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Remember I said we may look into a new gas grill (that runs off street gas) went to an acquaintances yard sale - they are moving to Fla next week for good) and they were selling theirs and didn't have any takers because it was for street gas not propane - and we ended up getting it for $50 - a Weber Spirit 3 burner - it will have to wait to be hooked up when we get the generator hook up done (bring a line to this side of the house) but WHOO HOOO - I will have a generator and be able to cook if the power goes out - and no worries about finding gas for the generator or propane for the grill

And more money to go towards my fridge since I didn't spend it one the grill yay!
Holy crap, what a deal! DH's gas grill is one of the best things that's ever happened to me low-carb wise! We grill everything from meat (of course) to brussels sprouts, pineapples (not low-carb, but delish), tomatoes, broccoli, you name it.

And all "yays" for having more $$$ to spend on the fridge.

I'm thinking of PM'ing some of the others from our "old" thread....I'm wondering if they subscribed to the other and don't realize it's closed and this one is opened.

And, finally, THANKS for the support in my hour (or week-end) of need! I'm so glad you're always here for me!

rho1640 05-15-2012 11:19 AM

I think that what happens (at least to me lol) is I go read the challeng thread and unless this thread is showing in the other LC forum area I forget to come and check it .. And if you haven't posted I don't think you get a notification of new posts..

One reason I liked having the challenge in this forum was because there are people doing other plans rather than strict Atkins and I alway worry that someone will get annoyed that we talk about other ways in the thread - but I guess I'm the only worrywart hehehe

I just started adding walking to my new way of life - I go to the rec center and use the indoor track - I'm up to a mile to mile and a half now - slowly it will get better much like I lose slowly - but dang that track is hot - its inside of a metal building and suspended from the ceiling - it was 63 outside and I bet it was 88 up there - I'm going to try to make my time to go walk earlier and earlier - I bet by summer I will will be going when they open at 6am ... Which will be hard since I don't go to bed till 2 am ...:dizzy:

LBBUGS13 05-16-2012 10:42 AM

Hi all,

Sorry I have been MIA, just been really busy and trying to get back on track from the graduation weekend and mothers day/birthday weekend. Still getting the kettle bells in twice a week and the walking, but have slacked off on the treadmill. Eating has been so so, so I am not looking at the scale, but more how my clothes fit and does that spare tire seem to be getting smaller.

Rho, I like hearing about other ways I am always looking for info and play around with going totally paleo, just not sure I can give up my cheese, bread yes, but not my cheese, LOL.

4myloves, weekends are my difficult time too, I really need that one cheat day or meal. I can be good all week and blow it on the weekend, with cocktails and appetizers on the patio.

Well, off to work

Lisa

rho1640 05-17-2012 09:32 AM

Lisa have you. Looked into Protein Power - that sounds similar to what you might want - I read it ages ago and my memory's foggy at best but check it out.

You have been super busy! But at least all fun stuff ;)

rho1640 05-19-2012 12:31 PM

Morning all - just want to bump this up to the top.

I can't believe next weekend is Memorial Day Weekend - the beginning of the summer season here so lots of traffic starting Friday nights and thru Sunday nights then when school is out it is pretty constant .. So need to rethink how and when to shop and do errands in order to avoid linesin stores, traffic, and be able to find parking places. So major shopping will be done every other week thru PeaPod delivery with forays out for fresh meat and vegetables during the week.

Ok back to cleaning - break over for now... Must set my timer for 15 minutes to work then I can sit and knit for a bit or play on the computer some more... It's the only thing that works and I still have a LONG way to go... It will get there slowly and stick - much like I am planning with my live-it and weight loss..

Have a great day!

LBBUGS13 05-21-2012 01:11 AM

Hi all,

Still plugging along, was able to get into a size smaller pants and bought some new exercise pants and had to take them back for a smaller size ... Usually it is the opposite. I don't try anything on at the store, I bring it home and if it fits and I like it great, if not I return or exchange.

Rho, I had tried protein power a few years ago, just couldnt stick with all the weighing and measuring, but I did like the cheat meal, LOL.

Now I pretty much do my own thing, watch the portions and still shoot for a couple of cheats with the wine once or twice a week and I eat a lot of the same meals, which is easier, but does get a little boring. I have a big vacation coming up and will be eating out a lot over two weeks, but I am just going to do the best that I can and keep up on the exercise as I think that is really the key right now. Just hope my kettle bells come in that I ordered, cause my plan was to bring them along so I don't get too much out of routine with them while on vacation.

Lisa

4myloves 05-21-2012 03:03 PM

Sigh.

Did my usual, "good through the week, BAD on the week-end" jive.

Gotta get over that!

mariposssa 05-21-2012 03:41 PM

Had a rough time of it last week. Out of town family and friends getting together several times for planning, funeral, viewing, and fellowship. Very little exercise, lots of eating out and pot luck type meals. It is a new week...but my parents are sticking around a few more weeks. Food tends to be involved in every get together and stress is high with extra people to house, feed and make plans for...not to mention getting belongings divided up, a house ready for auction/sale etc. Not sure how this week will go..but I am determined to have my low carb day today. One day at a time.