Old 02-24-2012, 10:30 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 291.3/236.1/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by aud View Post
Down another pound of bloat and feeling great (but sore) from the fitness thing at work . . . weight lifting has improved my mood, plus being back OP.

Hang in there Steph!

Off tomorrow--w00t!

Finished off my stuffed peppers (think the one was "serrano?") Going to plan some menu's so I can have in the fridge when I get home in the Wee.

I was also addicted to Diet Coke - rough to give up but do not miss. Switched to water and cherry crystal lite.
WhooHooo!!
rho1640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:36 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 291.3/236.1/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4myloves View Post
Hello all!!

I'm so enjoying reading all the great posts here! I drank the last of a 2 liter diet Mt. Dew last night---no more diet sodas for me now (at least through Easter!). Only water and, MAYBE, a glass of tea for lunch every now and then.

Y'all talking about the flax makes me think about the Quest bars I've grown to love. I now believe they are causing a serious stall in my weight loss. For one thing, they're bulk fiber (like the flax) and if I'm not careful they will constipate me badly. I think after I've eaten all of this last batch I ordered, I'm giving up on them for awhile.

Hope everyone has a great day OP!

I thought I replied to this but I don't see it sorry. - put the quest bars you have in a ziplock and put them away and allow yourself one a week or something .... But try really hammering back lots and lots and lots of water when you eat them and flax things .. more than you think you need in fact
rho1640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:07 AM   #78  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rho1640 View Post
Ok - I'm going to make this two posts ...

I went shopping - I'm going to tell you my size acckk. The old pants I had on we're size 28 I went into the store and picked up 26 thinking that will be what I needed - I also took size 24 just because - ya know that just because thing right? Well it turns out I bought size 22 and the sales woman said I should have gotten size 20 - but I couldn't I just couldn't - they were too snug going from fall off you if you weren't careful ---and the 22 is good ... But I will admit that if there were security cameras in the dressing room they caught me doing a happy dance that I'm sure will be laughed at for years to come!

How skewed is my body image though?
Yea

This makes me so happy for you!
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:14 AM   #79  

I don't know what happened to me last night! I've been doing so well staying OP, but last night I ate a Reese's, some hamburger helper and drank a REGULAR Mountain Dew. It was like someone else took over my hand and mouth!!

OMG.
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:17 PM   #80  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

rho, I forgot to say congrats on the drop in pant sizes! That's the biggest tell

And you are right. Part of me wants to give her the change table to shut her up, but the other 95% of me won't do that because then she'll think she can act like this all the time. She's a 30 year old ex crackhead who can't even go on maternity leave because she hasn't contributed to EI because she's going to school, and if she misses school she has to pay back her student loans, and if she stops going to school she'll be on welfare. And... she planned this baby. She's on and off with the father daily (not the same father of her first)

I busted my butt doing overtime while pregnant and for my year of mat leave I get over 900 dollars bi weekly (that's the way it is in Canada), we planned to get pregnant after getting married, and I'm only 25.

She needs to stop coasting through life. She likes school because she sees her student loan money as free cash to use to pay her bills and car loan. I have no idea how she's going to pay it all back once she's out.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:17 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 186/169/130

Height: 5"6

Today I had lunch with a coworker at Boston Pizza. I ordered my usual, Pecan salad, no dressing, no pecans, no cheese. Chicken grilled. LOL! He had this gross and disgusting greasy pasta dish. He then told me how much I must miss this kind of food and how I wont last on this diet of mine. I told him what he was eating, made me feel ill, and in a few months Ill be healthier and skinnier and he will still be fat. LOL! (we are friends).

People just dont get a dieters mindset .... do they?
lcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:32 PM   #82  
Flab be gone

S/C/G: goal weight 60kgs

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

congrats rho1640....i do a happy dance everytime i hit another weight loss target..kids think i'm loopy, but i don't really care. I just get sooooo happy !!

Haven't lost anything lately...being good but not seeing it on the scales...am going to stay strong and on plan..but sure does get depressing !!
fiona46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:18 PM   #83  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

That really is so great on the pants shopping rho! I'm bagging up my bigger clothes and donating this time, so sick of storing all my various sizes!

Dust yourself 4myL . . . happens to all of is and I know it's easier said than done . . . really I do!

Did tilapia filets with the parmesan/pork rind "breading" - gosh they're good!

Mantra: more seafood seafood and WATER!

Got first full week in at the weight room - starting super slow but still sore. Could NOT do it without theis challenge going on or the pressure from my partner. It's great that we are both equally out of shape lol Felt really BLAH today and vegged in front of the tv until I suddenly remembered I used to use "mapmyrun" so got up, put my "Nike's" on and thought JUST DO IT! I promised myself I would just go as far as I felt like...turned out I made the whole 5k I had mapped out a few years back! Took me an hour and 5 minutes but got to listen to the end of my audiobook and enjoy the sunshine.

Filling in unexpectedly for a top officer . . . the plants not running so will take advantage of the gym again and get in a long walk . . . just downloaded "Justice Denied" so will start a new book.

Off to make a cheesecake . . . keep going All!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:41 PM   #84  
Losing the baby weight

aud, that's great! That's my biggest thing, getting off the couch and just doing something physical.

4myloves, just pick yourself up and keep going! I cheated with that Reese heart (why can't peanut butter and chocolate be good for you!?) and it stalled me for a whole week. It was so discouraging but tought me not to do that ever again.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:49 AM   #85  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Cheesecake turned out great and the house smelled so good . . . DD's woke up starving lol . . . just had a piece with coffee while they pancaked themselves. Think they like my night shift baking.

Off for my unplanned work day - glad they're won't be much to do, but still have to be there just in case.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:11 PM   #86  
Losing the baby weight

186.4! Half a pound a day is pretty good I want to meet my St Patty's day goal before St. Patty's day so I'm on track for the Easter one since it's right after that.

Someone posted this in the support forum, thought you guys might find it neat: http://myinnerthin-hmr.blogspot.com/...readsheet.html

You put in your info and it shows how much weight you will lose a week for about 6 months or so. It's based on calorie counting but I toyed with it to match how I lose right now on Atkins and it was kinda neat to see where I will be in a few months if I stick to it. A big motivator! I just downloaded it onto my computer
Old 02-25-2012, 06:52 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 265/264/165

Height: 5'8

Thanks Stephanie for posting that! It's pretty motivating to see that I could reach my goal weight in 6 months if I really work at it.
I've been feeling nauseous this week, I might still be dehydrated from the cold I had or it could be from the back pain but it's made it hard to eat at times. Thursday I actually threw up after dinner. I'm trying to increase my food consumption slowly in case that could be it as well as my water intake. Anybody else have this problem?
airomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:52 PM   #88  
Losing the baby weight

airomatic, it is motivating, isn't it? I like anything that lays it for me visually.

I'm sorry you threw up and aren't feeling well... since I just had a baby I'm going to say the line everyone hates... 'maybe you are pregnant?' haha. Just kidding I never even threw up while pregnant (okay, three times) but I felt like I was hung over all the time!

I think staying hydrated is good... why are you concerned you aren't eating enough? I count carbs and calories because I notice that it's easy to eat 1000 or less calories a day if I'm not careful because of all the veggies you eat. Are you eating a low amount of calories?

Hope you do feel better soon though!
Old 02-25-2012, 11:12 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 265/264/165

Height: 5'8

Haha I've been asked that a couple of times this week, I actually didn't throw up when I was pregnant either but I've heard each pregnancy can differ.
I haven't been eating three meals a day, I eat when I'm hungry but it's small portions, a lot of this is because I've been sick so I'm sure I'm pretty under on calories. I normally don't eat a lot just small portions a couple times a day but I did notice when I was on Atkins before I actually ate 2-3 regular meals a day plus snacks. My schedule is also kind of funky now because I work graveyard and I've never hungry at work but I know I need to eat. Hopefully it's just a readjustment period and I will be feeling better next week
airomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:26 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 186/169/130

Height: 5"6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4myloves View Post
I don't know what happened to me last night! I've been doing so well staying OP, but last night I ate a Reese's, some hamburger helper and drank a REGULAR Mountain Dew. It was like someone else took over my hand and mouth!!

OMG.
It happens. I think its better to give into cravings once in awhile rather then go right off plan and give up!
lcard is offline   Reply With Quote