Old 02-21-2012, 09:05 PM   #46  
Ms. Fat Smasher

S/C/G: 338/329/175

Height: 6'0

I'm in on the challenge! This is my 2nd week on induction and I am down 8 pounds, but my goal is to lose "at least" 20 more pounds by Easter!
fatklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:17 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 186/169/130

Height: 5"6

I think dieting is getting very bleak when we have to limit vegetables. This is where I dont agree with the no carbs and no vegetables. Our bodies need nutrients!!! I eat lots of veggies and high protein. If I feel hungry I will eat veggies and not feel guilty!!
lcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:36 AM   #48  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

lcard, what diet are you doing that is no carb? I do Atkins which is low carb. You start at 20 net carbs and increase as you move through the phases and you do get to add back in things like berries and nuts, then fruit, etc. I try to get 5 grams of net carbs from veggies each meal and if I'm hungry I have no carb pepperoni sticks to snack on

188.2 today I peed on a ketostick and it shows I am in ketosis. I noticed yesterday that it looks like TOM is trying to happen but the new birth control won't let it completely come through for another week and a half. I am definitely cranky and having dreams about chocolate and cake. This is so unlike me. I can't wait to get this first post partum period over with though I am dreading it!
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:52 AM   #49  

Do any of the rest of you weigh in only once weekly? I weigh every Monday morning and FIGHT the urge the rest of the week.

When I weigh daily, I tend to get so discouraged, especially since I got a scale that measures to the tenth. Ugh.

I'm so glad "they" changed Daylight Savings Time!! I'm ready for the sunshine to last longer!
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:55 AM   #50  
Losing the baby weight

4myloves, I have to weigh daily to keep myself real. I'm okay with seeing the gains because I can then look at my food journal and see what caused it. And when there is a loss I just feel giddy and amazing. I would hate if I missed seeing a loss too so I have to weigh daily.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:43 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 291.3/236.1/150

Hi everyone - first off is anyone else having issues with the trackers today - I keep getting session halted when I try to update .(edited to add that it seems to have updated even though it's saying session halted) . Maybe the site is protesting that I only lost .6 this week .... I'm so ready for a big loss again darn it! I seem to be in a slooooooooow losing period .. Makes me nuts

iCard - do you have the lists of foods for each phase of Atkins - I swear I eat more veggies on this diet than ever before and I love veggies - and I experiment with different methods to cook them. And I can have real yummy butter on them too

I'm at 58 lbs lost and I want to hit 60 so bad I can taste it - but I swear my body knows how much I want it so it is hanging onto each ounce with everything it has- it does that to me with each new decade of numbers I go into too.

So Friday I'm meeting my friend who just lost her husband - at a pizza place (wood oven the whole bit) I'm thinking I will go with their beet salad - I'm sure their dressing has some sugar in it but I think of all they have to offer it looks like the best choice. They have a warm salmon salad - but I am soo particular about my seafood - and I've heard some people say it is strong (as in old) so I will avoid that. Plus I think we may be having salmon tonight for dinner. If they have a salad with steak I may switch to that. How does that sound to everyone as a plan?

Kel - so glad to see your post you are crazy busy!

4myloves I would so enjoy a dinner like that . Haven't had squirrel or coon but I've had all the others - hubby is a hunter - and I've done some in the past - again my being picky plays into things though - we would butcher our own meat and make sausage etc ourselves - most people aren't as picky about doing it so in my opinion things are gamey when they don't have to be (Need to take off all fat and the silver and it makes a huge difference in taste)

Sorry haven't posted much - have been busy busy - I come on and read and then can't put down a coherent thought it seems
rho1640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:01 PM   #52  
The time is NOW!

S/C/G: 278.6/see ticker/175

Height: 5'3"

I only weigh once a week - at my Drs. office.

Tomorrow is weigh in & I am hoping for good news...I did cheat a little this week (one swallow of my hubby's single malt whiskey and an extra "real meal" of kebobs last weekend). It has been a crazy stressful week and I need a SV or NSV for motivation...
GemIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:19 PM   #53  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Can't remember what a NSV is but if it's an affirmation the one I've been using lately is "And all shall be well" gem. I also find this thread extremely motivating, but like rho, sometimes I'm reading along because I can't form coherent posts lol.

I'm with steph ((Have I mentioned how darling your baby is steph? What a cutie!) . . . on weighing daily . . . for whatev reason at this stage, I just have a tendency to go off track if I don't have that accountability. At other times in my life I did good with weekly weigh ins, but for right now I need the daily to keep myself ON *or* get BACK on track.

Which is harder and harder to do lately - I need to get myself off/out and beyond this cycle I'm endlessly repeating. When I come here, I really focus and remember how great it feels to be OP, it is just so not worth it to keep starting over - it just gets exhausting. Praying on this Ash Wednesday for strength when my life goes off the stress rails (hospital waiting rooms etc) to keep on track which really translates being GOOD TO MYSELF, ya know?

Amen

Count me in as eating waaaay more veggies on Atkins. Without a doubt.

Grew up in a rural community and have done the wildlife thing . . . lost it's appeal long ago, but can still eat deer tenderloin.

Congrats to all doing well and holla to those of us struggling! Trying to get my focus on and celebrate that I've lost 3lbs of the bloat from last weekend . . . check back in the Wee.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:37 PM   #54  
Losing the baby weight

I decided to weigh myself before taking a shower, even though I weighed this morning and it said 187.8! I don't count anything other than my morning weigh in though because I like to stay consistent. I hope I see that number tomorrow! Super encouraging even though I just had lunch.

Aud, thanks so much! She is pretty darn cute when she's in a good mood. She has bad gas issues though and gets upset often if I'm not holding her so that limits my ability to exercise at times. My back can only take walking around holding a baby for so long during the day before I just sit and hold her.

Last edited by StephanieM; 02-22-2012 at 06:38 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:49 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 206/222/160

Height: 5'5.5

Stephanie, your hormones must be all over the place at the moment, you poor thing. But you're doing great with the losing.

NSV is non scale victory. Affirmations are great, aud. Gotta change the mindset...

I'm really stupid, despite my declaration of what, 2 days ago, I bought flax last night and had a LARGE muffin for dinner. And then again for breakfast. And even before breakfast I was up to 180 again (was at 179.6 yesterday). I have to accept that it's a problem food for me, both in how it makes me feel and in how much I crave it. I feel so pudgy in the tummy today, whereas before I was feeling lean. Sigh.

I have held strong with the diet coke. And the day after giving them both up I got below 180 for ages. So both need to stay gone!
AnaBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:13 AM   #56  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaBee;
I'm really stupid, despite my declaration of what, 2 days ago, I bought flax last night and had a LARGE muffin for dinner. And then again for breakfast. And even before breakfast I was up to 180 again (was at 179.6 yesterday). I have to accept that it's a problem food for me, both in how it makes me feel and in how much I crave it. I feel so pudgy in the tummy today, whereas before I was feeling lean. Sigh.

I have held strong with the diet coke. And the day after giving them both up I got below 180 for ages. So both need to stay gone!
Those muffins are good - I try to only have them every couple of days - are you drinking enough water with them - I find if I drink A LOT it helps with that feeling and helps things move along too.

The diet coke was hard for me to give up but it's been a few months now and it's easier - I drink seltzer mostly now.

I'm nervous today - I'm going shopping today for a pair or two of jeans and a pair of slacks and a top or two. I guess it's really needed - I mentioned it to a friend and she said good I was looking like a bag lady and when I told the hubs I swear he clapped his hands and almost jumped up and down.... I know I've lost almost 60 lbs and my clothes were loose but I don't think it was that bad lol so I will do that and then over the weekend I will go thru my clothes and get rid of the old - I will have lots of room in my closet for sure
Old 02-23-2012, 09:15 AM   #57  

Stephanie - WHOO HOOO. Andit wasn't at the moment you got up too - that's even better
Old 02-23-2012, 09:25 AM   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GemIAm View Post
I only weigh once a week - at my Drs. office.

Tomorrow is weigh in & I am hoping for good news...I did cheat a little this week (one swallow of my hubby's single malt whiskey and an extra "real meal" of kebobs last weekend). It has been a crazy stressful week and I need a SV or NSV for motivation...
Ok was the kabob of the meat and veg variety and you didn't do the rice or whatever went with it just the kabob - then I don't consider it a cheat .It was a bump in the road .... It's not like you fell into a serving dish of mashed potatoes and finished it off ... And a sip of the single malt is worthy of a pat on the back - (as long as your sip isnt like my hubs sip that means half or more of my ice tea leaves the glass when he asks for a one) I seriously wouldn't stress about a sip of a drink and a kabob.

Good luck with weigh in and let us know how you did
Old 02-23-2012, 09:39 AM   #59  

Hello all!!

I'm so enjoying reading all the great posts here! I drank the last of a 2 liter diet Mt. Dew last night---no more diet sodas for me now (at least through Easter!). Only water and, MAYBE, a glass of tea for lunch every now and then.

Y'all talking about the flax makes me think about the Quest bars I've grown to love. I now believe they are causing a serious stall in my weight loss. For one thing, they're bulk fiber (like the flax) and if I'm not careful they will constipate me badly. I think after I've eaten all of this last batch I ordered, I'm giving up on them for awhile.

Hope everyone has a great day OP!
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:49 AM   #60  
Losing the baby weight

187.4 today! Getting excited as I get closer to goal I want to meet my St Patty's day one early so I'm on track for the Easter one since they are only a few weeks apart.

rho, that's a awesome NSV! I can't wait for that day Except I have a ton of clothes from when I lost weight. I kept my fat clothes for when I got pregnant and even outgrew those. I still don't fit into my jeans that used to fit at this weight because birth spread my hips so far apart :/

AnaBee, I am sooooo cranky. I'm being mean to my husband and I feel bad too. Yesterday morning he was checking on our daughter because she was crying. He takes mornings before work so it gives me a chance to make breakfast, do dishes and get coffee made for us. I came into the room to grab something and he just left so I was stuck to deal with her (I called him back and he groaned). It slipped out of my mouth so quick where I said 'f*ck you and f*ck your attitude!' and walked away. I hate feeling like this, I don't even think before I speak lately. Thankfully he understands. I weaned myself off my anti psychotics for bi polar and anxiety before getting pregnant and now I'm thinking about going back on them since I feel like I did years ago.