n00b question from a calorie counter!

• Ha folks,

I've been calorie counting for a while, and I've also been paying attention to my carb intake but nothing major. Still eating around 100-130g a day. I've decided I want to really lower my carb intake to about 75g a day and continue calorie counting.

I am usually pretty decent at googling but when typing in low carb you get SO many search results.

What I really am trying to figure out is when you are so low carb it affects how you feel. 75g is not super low carb, so I shouldn't be getting withdrawal symptons right?

Do you have any other tips for me?
    My current plan is to just eat lot's of chicken/fish and veggies. If I feel like I don't get enough food within my calorie limit I'll raise it up some, but I doubt I'll feel that way. What I read from people low-carbing is that between 900-1300 is all the calories they consume a day.

Thanks in advance!
  • I don't think you would get withdrawal symptoms with 75 grams of carbs a day, but everyone is different so it's hard to say. I don't get the symptoms doing 20 a day but some feel like they have the flu.

I'm doing Atkins, and though you don't have to count calories I do because I find it's easy to eat around 1000 a day if I'm not paying attention. I just don't get hungry because without all the bad carbs from breads, pasta and sugar I don't get those spikes and dips. I aim for anywhere between 1400-1800 calories a day and use fatty things to keep my calories high.

With most people, they find they can eat more calories on low carb. I think you should try it out because there are a lot of people that have success with it. I personally find it easy and I love how energetic and awake I feel. I restarted Atkins on Saturday (I just had a baby about 6 weeks ago) and I've already lost 5 lbs. I also used it to get to goal here before about a year and a half ago.
  • Thank you Stephanie!

I have been sticking to 1200 because I really wanna see what the difference is between lowcarb and just lowcal. I just dropped 2lbs! I did stay at 1100 calories (unintended!) for 2 days and ate 50g of carbs, 50g of fats and 100g of protein. So far 50g seems to be my max when I fill up on so muh other stuff. I mean, I could purposefully add in more. And I might because I've not been eating so much fruit.. but it's do-able for some one that is not completely focussed on eating lowcarb like Atkins/SBD

I do feel like it speeded up my lingerling cold coming out. But thats all!