Pierre Dukan on the BBC!

• If any Dukaners are up and around and can access BBC1, PD is to be on the breakfast news around 08:50Z.

Got to say, the little blurb they've given about it sounds like they're preparing to be cynical but we'll see!
  • Rosinante - thanks for letting me know! Flora x
  • Hm. It wasn't that good.
    A nutritionist said that it was important to eat a range of foods.
    An interviewer said losing weight was just a matter of calories eaten vs calories expended.
    Dr. Dukan, unfortunately, didn't really have enough English to make a very strong case.

On the question of a range of foods (and btw, oatbran was never mentioned once!)
    I've always assumed that the Dukan Diet, in common with others, has a restricted phase to break the addiction some of us have to processed carbs, followed by a gradual reintroduction of the broad range. I'm devoutly hoping that by the time I get to the reintroduction stage (June 2012), I'll be so protective of what I've lost that I'll be able to cope with the reintroduced carbs.
  • Agree with you Rosinante that it wasn't a good interview. I also felt that the BBC focused on the attack phase and Dr Dukan was trying to explain the 4 phases but didn't get much time to do so.