Sweet and Salty Low Carb Fixes!

• So, when I am really craving candy (I'm a candy lover...just ask my dentist!) I eat the freeze dried yogurt drops they sell for babies. They are sweet and crunchy! One serving only has 5 carbs and it is really satisfying. That is about as far as I have gotten for crave fixes!

Does anyone have any other low carb sweet tooth fixes?

What about salty? I love potato chips and crackers...but the carbs are crazy. Any awesome recipes?
  • For sweet, I usually resort to tea or coffee (decaf if afternoon) with powdered milk (you could use cream if doing Atkins) and truvia or SF syrup.

I don't usually get salty snack cravings, bc it's easy to eat salty low-carb foods as meals (chicken or other meat w/veggies and soy souce, tomatoes & salt with cottage cheese, etc).
  • The only thing I have found so far that helps with the sweet cravings is an Atkins shake. They are very low carb and I like the taste. I need to experiment on freezing them and making a shake. I have not seen the yogurt drops. I need to look for those.
  • @yoyo- I really love crunchy and salty which I think is the bigger craving. It isn't often but it does happen. I saw someone post about kale chips...I think I'm going to try them!

@grace-they are can be called yogurt drops or yogurt bites and are with the baby food. Gerber makes them but I get the happybaby organic ones which are carried at target, whole foods, kroger, and food lion...the gerber ones are pretty much everywhere!
  • Dixie's Diner makes a sweet/salty cashew snack bar....it's great, in my opinion, for the combo fix....if only it came with chocolate coating