Slow Carb or 4 Hour Body Diet

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Hello Durian and Mrs K. Thank you for your PM. I am going to start tomorrow, I'm not completely sure of the program. I've read the weight loss chapters once but I need to go over them again, it's a bit confusing. I was hoping to use a protein shake with added spinach some mornings for breakfast some thing I learned to love from the IP diet. I want to check out if chia seeds are allowed and maybe add these to the shake. My holiday was not too relaxing (I have 4 yr old twins) and my husband didn't travel with me. But I had a fantastic time. I am ready to begin eating well. Did either of you measure your bodies. I think I will try and take before pics and measurements tomorrow. Good luck.
  • Do you work out? or take the cold showers? or PAGG stack supplements? We could start posting some meal recipe ideas??
  • I am interested in the low carb plan
    Hey people!
    I have been reading about this program, and I think I can do this. I am a bit nervous, but I am going to go for it. I am going to get my beans together and hope to have a great meal. I look forward to seeing the pounds drop off. I am already excited about my cheat day. I brought some cheesecake, and its been in my freezer just waiting to be eaten. I guess I will take care of that on Saturday
  • Quote: I'm curious if anyone is still doing this.

I've started and I'm trying so darn hard not to weigh myself because I just don't want to know right now. I'm going to do it for two weeks and see if I need to make some changes. The hardest part for me is I really need to plan my meals to ensure they include all three food groups. And, I miss dairy.
    Hey!
    I am new to this site, so I am not sure when you posted this, but I am planning to begin tomorrow. How are things going?
  • Hello All. My start last week was a non starter. But I started on Monday and so far so good. I am eating a protein shake with spinach and chia seeds for breakfast with an egg. Then I have meat and veg for lunch and dinner with some beans. Lots of food! I hope I'm not overdoing it. today I have some avocado, cottage cheese, chicken and veg for lunch. I have been eating a couple of walnuts or almonds too. I will let you know on Saturday morning pre cheat day how my weight is going. Looking forward to cheat day. I am having cravings but am able to say no. I'm also taking the supplements that are suggested in the book. Keep posting. Good luck.
  • Hi ladies... I jumped on here to see if there were any posts about carb cycling and found this. This sounds very interesting as a previous atkins success. I did atkins for about a year and lost a significant amount of weight. 213 down to 140 and maintained there for a while. However, I started nursing school and the stress just got to me and I gained it all back in the last year or so. I think I will try this on Monday and eat an Atkins like diet for the 6 days and enjoy a cheat day because honestly that is what has stopped me from starting Atkins again. Always feeling so horrible after I cheated and basically having to start all over again. So I read here you count no carbs, are you supposed to stay with in a certain number or just eat the foods from the list and not worry about it. I cant imagine you would get to many on the non cheat days with the foods you have listed but that will be a hard habit for me to break lol. Even when I am not doing Atkins I find my self looking at the carb count in everything. I look forward to reading more about your successes!
  • I've been following the slow carb diet without doing any exercise. I am eating the suggested supplements. It's going well as of this morning I'm down 5 lbs. tomorrow is my cheat day which I'm excited about and nervous about. Reigning it back in on Sunday will be the real challenge. I think I will use the morning of my cheat day as my regular weigh in day. I had a breakfast of eggs and beans today, took too long to prepare and felt heavy to eat. i'd rather stick with a protein shake for breakfast. Let me know how any one else is doing.
  • Today is the morning of my cheat day. i'm starting with a protein/spinach/chia seed shake.I weighed in at 219.4 lbs. Down 7 lbs since Monday. Great. Anyone else out there want to get this thread active?
  • Tomorrow is weigh in day for my second week. Cheat day was enjoyable but Sunday was a challenge to pull back from eating carbs, I did eat some carbs in the evening which I know slowed my weightless for this week. Still hanging in there. I will post my second week weight loss tomorrow.
  • I have been thinking of switching to this plan for the holidays. I am currently doing Atkins, so it would just be adding in legumes, and having a cheat day. Is it really that important to have the beans. I think my protein is good, and I will have to give up cheese, but that wont be hard. I am still averaging a 2 to 4 lb. Loss a week on Atkins. What is everyone else averaging.
  • Check out the other thread.... The slow carb diet.... there is some information there.
  • Hi, I just joined this site for some support to start the slow carb diet. I'm at the highest weight I've been in I don't know how long. I have tried Atkins a couple of months ago, but I felt so low in energy and couldn't get rid of the headaches even when I made sure I added additional salt (too much water loss resulted in headaches). But need a bit more of a lifestyle change and I really love beans, so fingers crossed. Today I had a decadent work holiday lunch, so tomorrow will need to be my first day. Plan to make some bean dishes and precook some chicken to make things a little simpler when there isn't time to cook. Also aiming to wait and not have my cheat day until Xmas even, which is a little over a week from now.
  • Hello Missy123. This thread is not active. We are on The Slow Carb Diet thread. There is a few of us over there. Good luck.
  • I want to start but modify it to fit me accordingly, because by the book always make me want to quit. Just my two.