Bfc - Newbie!

• Hi everyone! I have a question for all of you who are experienced with this diet. As long as I eat 15 grams or less of sugar per day, and as long as I eat 120 grams, or close to it, or carbs per day, does it matter how much of each I have per meal? For example, if one meal I had 55 grams of carbs, but the other 2 I h...ad say 20 grams, is that ok? I'm still having the 6 servings, just not the 5/2 ratio every meal. Anyone that can help me, thanks so much, your input and advice is greatly appreciated!!!
  • If you want to follow the diet as laid out in the book, you should stay below 40 grams of carbs and 5 grams of sugar in a single meal. The point is to not spike your blood sugar and insulin levels.

However, I don't remember Jorge defining what a "meal" is, like how much time there should be between them.

Personally, since being on the BFC I have switched to having 4-8 small meals/snacks per day instead of having 3 large meals. That has helped a lot for spreading out my carb and sugar intake.

I recommend you do more research into the theory behind low-carb diets. There isn't much in the BFC but I found other helpful resources. Also, don't sweat it too much if you don't follow the diet perfectly in the beginning. It took me several weeks to get used to eating 40 grams of carbs or less per meal, and to figure out what foods were worth it for me and what weren't. Just keep catching your mistakes and making small changes and soon enough you'll be following all the guidelines.