Belly Fat Cure 2011 1

You're on Page 5 of 23
Go to
  • Hi everyone,
    As I stated in my first post to this thread, I started in late feb. and was down 20lbs by May th. When I stay true to BFC, I lose on average 3 to 4 lbs.
    a week and to be honest. I never have followed the rules strickly. Now if I can get back on track. Balletbird, just remrmber that you did not gain all your weight over night. If you are patient, you will see results soon. Hang in there.
  • Hi BFC Chicks!
    I'm new to this thread and have decided to try this diet based on what I've read on the internet and your postings here. I've ordered the book from amazon, and look forward to getting into it. My experience now is that I eat well for meals, but get cravings in the evening that end up sabotaging my weight loss...I'm really hoping that the BFC will eliminate these cravings. What has been your experience with this? Thanks!
  • Cravings, and results!
    To Web Woman, welcome!

I have found I have less cravings, and less craving for sweets. Also, once I had weaned myself away from sugar a bit (1st few days was super hungry, and had a head-ache, like others have reported) I was hungry less, and less often, and I had less low-blood sugar feeling, the shakes, etc. I do tend to have a few pieces of dark chocolate in the evening, I don't know if it's because of the "treat" factor, or to satisfy a craving.

BTW, another lb down for me today, 9lbs altogether!
  • Thanks for the welcome, and congrats on 9 pounds gone!!

I'm somewhat of a coffee freak, but mix decaf with the hi test stuff and I do like it sweetened... If I start to use Stevia to sweeten it instead of Splenda, will I still get sugar cravings? I am very excited to start this plan and appreciate all advice. :-)
  • From what the book says, Stevia is fine. I don't use it coz I don't like the taste, so I use Xylitol (the Emerald Forest brand, as it is made of birch bark rather than corn), which I have to count as carb grams rather than sugar. Xylitol is very low on the glycemic index.
  • Webwomen- I too am a coffe freak. I have found stevia to be a good sweetner and you dont get the sweet cravings you refered to.

Two more pounds for me! 21 pounds and still going!!!!
  • Einey's Mom,

How long have you been on this plan, and what works best for you?
  • WebWoman-

I have been on BFC for right at 3 months now. Typically I eat 2 eggs/ezekiel toast for bfast, some cheese and pepperoni for lunch and meat and veggies for dinner....I know very boring. For snack I will have either nuts or berries...blue but having been splurging with cherries lately. Also a couple of squares of dark chocolate every now and then.

I have found I have to work out in order to sustain the loss. A few weeks back I couldnt get to the gym due to OT @ work and my loss stopped. I didnt gain but i didnt loose. I am motivated by the scale, but only weigh every 2 weeks to not be discouraged.

Hope it helps!!!!
  • I have spent the last two weeks reading the threads here, blogs, and at sparkpeople I went off splenda first while I was waiting for the book. I am down 5 lbs since Saturday. I do not expect the same results next week. I will be satisfied with 1 lb. I have no cravings and not suffering blood sugar drops. I can not say thank you enough for this way of eating.,
  • hi I'am new here and just got my book today but still not sure how to do this diet or lifestyle change as he said . could someone help me out please ? I don't understand how to count the 15/6 rule ? does it matter serveing size or no ?
  • Hey everyone! I am starting the BFC again today. I adopted this way of eating approximately 6 months ago, and was successful. Unfortunately, I did not stick with it very long. Not because it was hard, I just slowly started "cheating" and now I don't think twice eating a Twix for breakfast.

So, I did my shopping last night and am set and ready to go. I found last time this was extremely family friendly and they ate everything I ate.

I am looking forward to this journey with some new friends!
  • Hi always singing! I, too, am starting the BFC today, although I've not yet received my book. ;-) Had a hard boiled egg for breakfast and will have a big green salad with veggies for lunch - but what kind of dressing, sugar free, fat free, light, or what??? My understanding is that it's a very low sugar, low simple carb, high protein and high fiber diet - right?

I'm actually at 172 this morning but hope to lost 10-12 pounds by the end of July!
  • Hi everyone,
    Just popped in to see how everyone is doing. I started my BFC challenge
    actually today instead of the third. I thought I may as well get the holiday over with. Anyone who would like to jump in and give it a try is welcomed.
    Its a week at a time challenge and I hope I can keep going until I reach my goal. Everyone here at3fatchicks are awesome! The support and advise means so much, Thanks again to all.

Lostchick
  • Hi Web Woman! As for the dressing, oil and vinegar would be good. In the book, Jorge gives recipes for homemade dressings, but you could also look them up online. You could get a commercial dressing, but don't go with low fat, as they will likely have added sugars/sodium.
  • just wanted to say happy late 4th of july to everyone .