Old 09-18-2011, 02:10 PM   #241  

S/C/G: 163/142/129

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetermined2 View Post
jms 423,

The sugar alcohol maltitol is somewhat controversial. I read that it may have some impact for some people (not all, as evidenced by sage 1313's wonderful success). You may want to try to avoid maltitol for a week to see whether that helps.
Yeah, I am going to try and get rid of all the "treats" in the diet. Technically they are allowed and I am staying within my allotted numbers, but I think (as everyone has no nicely helped point out) that I should be getting in more real food.

This morning I had an egg beaters omelet w/ spinach, grape tomato, avocado and green onion. It was amazing and I get in some veggies. Yesterday I swapped my small serving of spanish rice for steamed vegetables. Small changes.

I did have one question - when I have been adding in vegetables I notice it is hard to stay under my sugar goal. All vegetables seem to have 1-3 g of sugar and I think this is why I steered away in the past. I was eating a 0 sugar (but full of sugar alcohols) in the place of real food to get the sugar count as low as I can. Does anyone notice they go over their sugar due to veggies and/or berries (blueberries, raspberries)?
jms423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:35 PM   #242  

S/C/G: Start: 180 Goal: 130

Height: 5'6"

I have been reading your forum for the last 40 minutes or so, and decided to register. My daughter and I started the 'Fast Track' today. So far, we love it. We decided to do it together and it was the only 'diet' that I felt comfortable allowing her to follow. I hate that word...ick. I love that this is a lifestyle changer~now if I could convince the hubby all would be perfect in life.
wooogirlem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:19 AM   #243  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

Welcome wooogirlm! I'm curious how the Fast Track works out for you, as the large breakfast would make me nauseous (but that's only me). It's really great that your daughter and you are doing this together - you can share meals and support each other. Once you get used to cutting most sugar and substitutes, it gets a lot easier. Please let us know how it's working for you both!
WebWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:42 PM   #244  

S/C/G: 270/260/150

Height: 5'6"

Hey,I'm new here.I have tried bfc before and had some success but I fell of the wagon.Since I'm new to 3fc I'm going to start it one more time.
grasshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:05 PM   #245  

Welcome Grasshopper!

When you tried BFC before, were you able to wean yourself from sugars, artificial sugars, and simple carbs? I believe that is the key to prevent the cravings which lead to snarfing everything in site (at least for me!)..Why did you quit the BFC the last time?
Old 09-23-2011, 10:42 AM   #246  

Just wanted to say hi. This thread has been quiet but I am still here. This week was pretty good for me. Not weight loss but I feel good, been sleeping good, had decent energy and had great workouts. That counts for something.

I figure if I just keep doing what I know I should do eventually I will see results.

Have a great Friday!
Old 09-25-2011, 10:51 PM   #247  

S/C/G: 153.2/145.6/125

Height: 5'2"

I've had Brie and raspberries for dessert three nights in a row!! I love eating low-carb!
ERHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:35 AM   #248  

My copy of BFC Fast Track finally arrived, (a year after it was originally due). Even though Jorge hates having it compared to Atkins, the plans aren't that dissimilar, especially when compared to the New Atkins plan.

I ran the first day through an online meal tracker and ended up with under 28 total carbs and 1300 calories. The carbs would have been even lower if the food tracker site had had an 85% dark chocolate, and I hadn't put in part of a red pepper instead of a green pepper.

I haven't tried it, yet. The last time I tried to get my body into ketosis, it refused. I had days of feeliing absolutely awful and no weight loss. I would have to plan ahead to figure out when I want to possibly feel like that again.
deetermined2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:09 AM   #249  

Yikes! Had a brownie today. I was stuck in a cafeteria for dinner and started out great...chicken breast, salad, steamed veggies....then the dessert bar called to me. I caved and had a brownie. I haven't had a baked good in months. It was amazing but not worth it. Luckily it didn't trigger any more cravings.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:50 AM   #250  

JMS,

I think it's interesting that you said it was amazing but not worth it. Someone else said the first bite is the best and the rest don't compare. Too bad we can't just take one bite of dessert and leave the rest. Today you can just start again.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:16 AM   #251  

Deetermined,
It sounds like the Fast Track is just like Atkins. I tried Atkins once and did lose about 25 pounds, but it wasn't a healthy plan for me. I discontinued it when my hair started coming out - I kid you not! I think it might be a fast way to start losing to get you motivated, but obviously it doesn't provide all the nutrients we need.

I don't blame you for not wanting to jump into the Fast Track...but if you do, please let us know how it works out.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:25 PM   #252  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebWoman View Post
JMS,

I think it's interesting that you said it was amazing but not worth it. Someone else said the first bite is the best and the rest don't compare. Too bad we can't just take one bite of dessert and leave the rest. Today you can just start again.
Yeah, it was good - don't get me wrong but just worth undoing all my hardwork. It only lasted 30 seconds and probably took me 45 minutes of running to work off. Not fair. Next time I will pass.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:15 PM   #253  

wooogirlem,

I'm extremely curious how the Fast Track is working for you. Please keep us posted.

jms423,

In terms of exercise, some people find that light exercise 3 days works better than hard exercise more often. The reason it's suppose to work better (for some), is that your body thinks you're going to need reserves because it will have to work hard soon if you exercise hard, therefore it doesn't let go of pounds. On another site, many people reported better weight loss when they eased up a bit.
deetermined2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:50 PM   #254  

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetermined2 View Post
wooogirlem,

I'm extremely curious how the Fast Track is working for you. Please keep us posted.

jms423,

In terms of exercise, some people find that light exercise 3 days works better than hard exercise more often. The reason it's suppose to work better (for some), is that your body thinks you're going to need reserves because it will have to work hard soon if you exercise hard, therefore it doesn't let go of pounds. On another site, many people reported better weight loss when they eased up a bit.
I have thought about that. When I work out hard (like yesterday I ran 400m repeats on a track and then did squats, lunges, pushups and situps afterwards). I love working out hard. I really do enjoy it. But, I am so hungry afterwards it is hard not to overeat. But, it is something I enjoy to do.

In the past I have let up on my workouts and I haven't noticed any difference in my weight - I have only felt worse mentally because I am missing out on a favorite activity.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:50 AM   #255  
Chick Losing

S/C/G: S/C/G 219.6/199.2/172

Height: 5.5"

jms423 keep up what you are doing! Just change it up every other week so that your muscles become confused. You will see a difference. I too USE to workout hard 5 days a week and loved it. I was in great shape and health, then because of finances I quit going to the Y and starting workout on my own at home. Well, first I did pretty good, then little by little I started cutting back; now I can't seem to get that FIRE back that I loved so. Every week I tell myself"ok this week I am going to start working out again". That week has not got here yet. In short..."You Go Girl"!!! You are an inspiration.
BCL216 is offline   Reply With Quote