3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Carb Counters > Other Reduced Carb Diets

Dukan Diet Support

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2011, 06:07 PM   #1
Raluca xx
 
ralucax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 82

Height: 5'9"

Arrow Dukan Diet Support

I thought this is the perfect place to go ahead and introduce myself. I'm 21, I currently live in Madrid and after being overweight mostly all my life I've decided 2011 it's going to be my year. I've done low cal in the past but was totally unsuccesful. I started this year at 227 lbs and dropped a few on the way. I did the 3 days diet (3 days chicken, turkey, fish, 3 days low fat dairies, 3 days fruit and vegetables) a month and a half and than had some problems and kept it low cal for a couple of weeks and now I'm on the Dukan Diet. I lost 5 pounds on the Attack Phase (7 days) and now is my second day on the Cruise Phase. I hope this goes well for me because I only heard good things about this diet and its results.

Sorry for rambling so much, I just like talking haha. Hope everybody has an easy and fun weight loss process (trying to be cheerful about everything is kinda my thing ) and hopefully I'll soon post some before and afters (maybe after I lose 30 pounds)
__________________
ralucax is offline  
Old 05-05-2011, 06:52 PM   #2
Soul Cyster
 
beerab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: California
Posts: 4,479

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Default

I read about that diet- it seems a bit extreme to me honestly. Good luck doing it but I'd also look into something less extreme like South Beach or even Atkins! I just can't see how eating pure meat for days at a time is healthy honestly. There is such a thing as protein poisoning.
__________________
beerab is offline  
Old 05-06-2011, 12:16 PM   #3
Raluca xx
 
ralucax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 82

Height: 5'9"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerab View Post
I read about that diet- it seems a bit extreme to me honestly. Good luck doing it but I'd also look into something less extreme like South Beach or even Atkins! I just can't see how eating pure meat for days at a time is healthy honestly. There is such a thing as protein poisoning.
You're not eating pure meat. You can have vegetables, low fat yoghurt, skimmed milk, eggs, low fat chesse, you can make cookies, jellys, ice cream with sweetener. It's not actually that bad.
__________________
ralucax is offline  
Old 05-09-2011, 12:11 AM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 10

Default

Hey, congrats on your 5 pound loss!

I'm starting the attack phase tomorrow - according to dukan diet online I'm supposed to be on it for 4 days.
DaiseeDay is offline  
Old 05-10-2011, 07:17 PM   #5
Senior Member 2/12/2010
 
HopefulTricia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 420

Height: 5'4"

Default

I was on Ideal protein from February until October of 2010. Lost 68 lbs and have now gained about 36 of it back. It is so hard to get back on the same diet-- I have tried repeatedly since January. So now I am trying the Dukan Diet. This is day 4 of full protein(5 lb lost). I will survive another day of it but that's about all. Can't wait to start alternating days and hope with the pancake recipe I will be able to do this long enough to lose the 36 lbs. They feel awful after spending all that time LOSING them. I don't want them back again!! Great clothes in the closet don't fit. It's maddening. Hope to find some friends here. This site helped a lot with Ideal Protein. I am happy to hear all tips, advice, suggestions...cheats that aren't cheats. Oh I have one. I put nonfat vanilla yogurt and a few ice cubes in blender with a little DaVinci sugar free coconut syrup.
Yum yum and a nice healthy alternative to a vanilla shake.
I need to edit all my info below...
__________________
[Week 1/10 lbs-2/4-3/3-4/3-5/3-6/3=26 lbs;7-12=7 lbs;13-18=13 lbs;19-24=12 lbs; 25-32=10 lbs Total = 68 lbs
55
lbs of fat. I lose a lot of weight on this diet, feel great doing it & keep it LOST. And so it is! Phase 2-8/26/2010 (then gained 34 lbs) Phase 1 AGAIN 7/15/2011

Last edited by HopefulTricia : 05-10-2011 at 08:18 PM.
HopefulTricia is offline  
Old 05-12-2011, 09:50 AM   #6
Junior Member
 
kermitlovespeggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3

Default

Hi there!

Ralucax I am like you, on the cruise phase... well I started the dukan diet last month. I did 5 days of attack and lost 7lbs then once I started the cruise phase I put back on 2lbs got demotivated and totally lost it and ate everything as revenge.... well i bit my nose to spite my face. So now I have started again. Today is day 1 of Cruise and is PV day. I weight 9st 12 and want to weigh 9stone as soon as possible.

What is your experience on the cruise phase? Do you find that you go up and down in weight or is your weight going straight down? I would love to be able to share my journey with someone who is going through the same thing and that way i wont feel so alone and I won't be tempted to ruin it all just because the scales show a plus!!

According to my dukan graph, i will spend 38days on cruise phase to get to my goal weight - i am determined to see it out! I wish you luck and please keep posting!
kermitlovespeggy is offline  
Old 05-14-2011, 09:52 AM   #7
Junior Member
 
kermitlovespeggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3

Default

Any problems with the losing weight on the cruise phase?? I need some advice, I lost 6lbs on the attack whcih was great! But now I put one pound back on and can;t budge!! Is it because I'm doing heavy weights in the gym... I've decided that I want to do extra hard work on toning so have upped the weights to the maximum I can in the gym and do 4 or 5 reps of 12 ...

if any of you are a little behind on the weight loss after starting cruise then please let me know, or if you have any ideas on how to get me to see a drop again....I don't want to give up hope and am hoping that this a normal transition thing... I have been an angel on the diet side of things!!
kermitlovespeggy is offline  
Old 05-14-2011, 08:55 PM   #8
Raluca xx
 
ralucax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 82

Height: 5'9"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiseeDay View Post
Hey, congrats on your 5 pound loss!

I'm starting the attack phase tomorrow - according to dukan diet online I'm supposed to be on it for 4 days.
Oh, that means you don't have to lose a lot. I need to lose a loooooot of pounds, hence the 7 days attack phase. Well .. what can I say ? Good luck on your diet, have the best results and keep in touch to talk more about dukan dieting. Hugs
__________________
ralucax is offline  
Old 05-14-2011, 09:11 PM   #9
Raluca xx
 
ralucax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 82

Height: 5'9"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
I was on Ideal protein from February until October of 2010. Lost 68 lbs and have now gained about 36 of it back. It is so hard to get back on the same diet-- I have tried repeatedly since January. So now I am trying the Dukan Diet. This is day 4 of full protein(5 lb lost). I will survive another day of it but that's about all. Can't wait to start alternating days and hope with the pancake recipe I will be able to do this long enough to lose the 36 lbs. They feel awful after spending all that time LOSING them. I don't want them back again!! Great clothes in the closet don't fit. It's maddening. Hope to find some friends here. This site helped a lot with Ideal Protein. I am happy to hear all tips, advice, suggestions...cheats that aren't cheats. Oh I have one. I put nonfat vanilla yogurt and a few ice cubes in blender with a little DaVinci sugar free coconut syrup.
Yum yum and a nice healthy alternative to a vanilla shake.
I need to edit all my info below...
Yuuuum Tricia, that sounds like an awesome treat . I need to go find some non fat vanilla yogurt cuz I haven't seen it often. I think I bought some one time but I'm pretty sure it wasn't low fat haha. Hope that i can find low fat one in Spain . I have only a vague idea about Ideal protein. Is it one of those diets when you replace a meal with shakes? Anyways it sucks that you gained all that weight back .. hope it was one time only and now is gonna be gone for good ! I found a website with dukan recipes, but i am soooooo busy that i didn't have the time to try even one. There were muffins, jellys and all kinds of sweets there that you can cook but the time doesn't allow me to do that. My desserts are 0% fat strawberry flavoured yogurt and sweetened yogurt. And my meals are the basic ones: low fat chesse sticks, 0% fat cottage cheese, chicken breast, turkey, salad,egg whites omelette and steamed veggies.
Talk to you soon and good luck with the diet ! XO
__________________
ralucax is offline  
Old 05-14-2011, 09:32 PM   #10
Raluca xx
 
ralucax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 82

Height: 5'9"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kermitlovespeggy View Post
Hi there!

Ralucax I am like you, on the cruise phase... well I started the dukan diet last month. I did 5 days of attack and lost 7lbs then once I started the cruise phase I put back on 2lbs got demotivated and totally lost it and ate everything as revenge.... well i bit my nose to spite my face. So now I have started again. Today is day 1 of Cruise and is PV day. I weight 9st 12 and want to weigh 9stone as soon as possible.

What is your experience on the cruise phase? Do you find that you go up and down in weight or is your weight going straight down? I would love to be able to share my journey with someone who is going through the same thing and that way i wont feel so alone and I won't be tempted to ruin it all just because the scales show a plus!!

According to my dukan graph, i will spend 38days on cruise phase to get to my goal weight - i am determined to see it out! I wish you luck and please keep posting!
You are lucky. You have to drop so little weight. I need to be on the cruise phase until September the 20th. I weigh in weekly and I only did it once. The next one is in 4 days. I lost 2 lb and a half in the 1st week, but take in consideration that i am bigger and the first lbs are supposed to go off easily ... as you get skinnier the weight loss process is harder. You don't have to throw it all away just because you see a plus now and then, just remember that hard work does pay off and those extra lbs will go sooner or later (well .. sooner rather than later haha).
I wish you luck as well and keep me posted ! Hugs !
__________________
ralucax is offline  
Old 05-15-2011, 10:34 PM   #11
Senior Member 2/12/2010
 
HopefulTricia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 420

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralucax View Post
Yuuuum Tricia, that sounds like an awesome treat . I need to go find some non fat vanilla yogurt cuz I haven't seen it often. I think I bought some one time but I'm pretty sure it wasn't low fat haha. Hope that i can find low fat one in Spain . I have only a vague idea about Ideal protein. Is it one of those diets when you replace a meal with shakes? Anyways it sucks that you gained all that weight back .. hope it was one time only and now is gonna be gone for good ! I found a website with dukan recipes, but i am soooooo busy that i didn't have the time to try even one. There were muffins, jellys and all kinds of sweets there that you can cook but the time doesn't allow me to do that. My desserts are 0% fat strawberry flavoured yogurt and sweetened yogurt. And my meals are the basic ones: low fat chesse sticks, 0% fat cottage cheese, chicken breast, turkey, salad,egg whites omelette and steamed veggies.
Talk to you soon and good luck with the diet ! XO
Thanks Ralucax. I am struggling with Dukan after a really great start. Did 6 days of just protein and am now supposed to cruise a long time. sick of turkey and salad already! I have to get focused and just forget the sugar I am missing so badly. You'd think it would be easy since I dieted for a long time quite successfully recently BUT it isn't. Need to find the secret of success for me and fast. Maybe I'm just bored with high protein-- Ideal Protein is basically that- I avoided the IP packaged food and drank a prepared drink for breakfast & lunch and had a protein dinner. Later I progressed to one prepared drink and then two high protein meals. Do you find the Dukan diet easy?
__________________
[Week 1/10 lbs-2/4-3/3-4/3-5/3-6/3=26 lbs;7-12=7 lbs;13-18=13 lbs;19-24=12 lbs; 25-32=10 lbs Total = 68 lbs
55
lbs of fat. I lose a lot of weight on this diet, feel great doing it & keep it LOST. And so it is! Phase 2-8/26/2010 (then gained 34 lbs) Phase 1 AGAIN 7/15/2011

Last edited by HopefulTricia : 05-15-2011 at 10:35 PM.
HopefulTricia is offline  
Old 05-17-2011, 05:56 PM   #12
Raluca xx
 
ralucax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 82

Height: 5'9"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Thanks Ralucax. I am struggling with Dukan after a really great start. Did 6 days of just protein and am now supposed to cruise a long time. sick of turkey and salad already! I have to get focused and just forget the sugar I am missing so badly. You'd think it would be easy since I dieted for a long time quite successfully recently BUT it isn't. Need to find the secret of success for me and fast. Maybe I'm just bored with high protein-- Ideal Protein is basically that- I avoided the IP packaged food and drank a prepared drink for breakfast & lunch and had a protein dinner. Later I progressed to one prepared drink and then two high protein meals. Do you find the Dukan diet easy?
Well .. it's not easy but I kind of grown accustomed to it. It seems natural, like that is the way I am supposed to eat .. not a weight loss diet. Of course, I have the occasionally cravings, and there are few exceptions that I allowed myself but other than that I think I'm managing this diet pretty good. Maybe it is because I heard so many good things about it, and almost every person that has been Dukan dieting managed to hit the ideal weight, that helps me push through .. I don't know. Anyways .. this is just the beginning since I am supposed to be on the cruise phase until September 20th and to finish alltogether with the diet on March. I have a loooooooooong way to go and I know it's not gonna be easy, but you know what they say .. nothing worthwhile comes easy .. sometimes I cry, sometimes I'm happy, sometimes I'm angry, but I do hope that in the end I could say: Remember the time when I was fat?

XO
__________________
ralucax is offline  
Old 05-19-2011, 03:35 PM   #13
[url=http://www.3fatchick
 
emmamc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2

S/C/G: 181/173/147

Height: 5ft 8"

Default

Hi guys,

Am a first time poster and started on the Dukan diet on Tuesday and have lost 6&1/2 Ibs so far which is pretty great :-D I have 35Ibs to lose in total, so 28.5 to go!
Am in the attack phase for 6 days and so far not finfing it too bad...... cant wait for some veggies though!
To save myself from food boredem I have been trying to experiment and made some curry burgers tonight which were yummy. I also make a sauce with fat free yoghurt, mustard, salt, pepper and mixed herbs which I put on everything, I cant stand dry food.
Have also ben mixing the bran with non fat yoghurt, sweetener and vanilla ecsence, which is great for a sweet fix.
I've really enjoyed reading everyone's posts on here

x.

Last edited by emmamc : 05-19-2011 at 04:11 PM.
emmamc is offline  
Old 05-20-2011, 06:02 PM   #14
Raluca xx
 
ralucax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 82

Height: 5'9"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmamc View Post
Hi guys,

Am a first time poster and started on the Dukan diet on Tuesday and have lost 6&1/2 Ibs so far which is pretty great :-D I have 35Ibs to lose in total, so 28.5 to go!
Am in the attack phase for 6 days and so far not finfing it too bad...... cant wait for some veggies though!
To save myself from food boredem I have been trying to experiment and made some curry burgers tonight which were yummy. I also make a sauce with fat free yoghurt, mustard, salt, pepper and mixed herbs which I put on everything, I cant stand dry food.
Have also ben mixing the bran with non fat yoghurt, sweetener and vanilla ecsence, which is great for a sweet fix.
I've really enjoyed reading everyone's posts on here

x.
Hi Emma

You lost a lot of weight in the attack phase and those other pounds will pass quickly .. you'll see girl ! When I ended up my attack phase and started my cruise I was so relieved haha .. I think I was never so excited in my life about veggies ! I also mix sweetened non fat yogurt with the bran, it's the only way I can eat it.
I also need to start doing some exercise, I really haven;t had time to do lately. I want to buy the P90 DVDs, I heard they are awesome. I don't know really ... I live like so far from the gym it makes my angry .. when I have like 2 hours free time I should be able to go immediately to the gym, not spend like 45 minutes on the way there ! Ohhh .. life ! Anyways, it's always nice to talk to people that are going through the same things as you, I mean the dukan diet and hear stories about how they are handling the situation haha !

XO
__________________
ralucax is offline  
Old 05-21-2011, 01:34 PM   #15
[url=http://www.3fatchick
 
emmamc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2

S/C/G: 181/173/147

Height: 5ft 8"

Default

Hi Raluca,

Thanks for your encouraging words I am supposed to be on the attack phase for 6 days and it is now day five but am seriously in need of vege's so think I will cut the Atack phase short by one day, have ben dreaming about vege's!!!
A really good DVD which you should be able to get from Amazon is the Natalie Casidy, Then and Now work out DVD, it's good fun and gets good results
emmamc is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone on the Dukan diet out there? fractal UK Fat Chicks 58 06-01-2011 05:33 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:55 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2