Old 01-26-2013, 11:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/180/140

Height: 5'4

Unhappy HELP! A bit TMI, lets talk poop

So I am experiencing the constipation that you're forewarned about upon starting Atkins. I eat a lot of leafy green veggies with my meals, I drink at least 4 16oz bottles of water a day but I guess that's not helping. Are fiber supplements/powders safe to take on induction? Should I drink more water? I have a lot of benefiber and smooth move tea in my pantry, are either of those ok? Any suggestions on how to handle this. It's been 5 days and starting to get a little uncomfortable. =-/
Aarrixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:41 PM   #2  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

Psyllium husk has been said to help keep things regular.
I eat a packet of miracle noodles with a meal when I get irregular.
But 64 oz of water is the low end of what you. Ay need for optimum hydration. Try upping it to 90 oz and see how you feel.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:27 PM   #3  

Hi Aarrixx,

I eat hardly any vegetables and don't suffer with constipation at all but what I do is make sure that my stomach bacteria have been salted out and are kept well fed.

So on a fairly regular basis as when needed I take a good quality probiotics and I keep them well fed by having natural home made yogurt made with unpasteurized milk and from time to time also take enzymes for the stomach that way everything is kept nicely in order but not a Psyllium husk in sight.

Cheers,

Mark
MarkMoxom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 329/230/210

Height: 6'1

Psyllium fiber husk, are a great natural aid for constipation. You can either mix a teaspoon in water, stir and drink quickly ( It absorbs the water and will feel like your swallowing raw rice) or just sprinkle a little on your salad or whatever else your doing. Its also really cheap.
Snickerless is offline   Reply With Quote