Old 04-06-2011, 11:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 211/see ticker/145

Default Belly Fat Cure Experiences????

Hello All!

I know there are many threads on this topic, but I was just wondering if this diet really worked fro anyone? I am thinking about starting this diet but I have read through some of the threads and people have mentioned that they lost a lot of weight but ended up gaining it back the second they ate something out of the norm and cheated. Is there anyone out there that has experienced that?

Thank you for your time!!

Last edited by kneed2lose; 04-06-2011 at 12:22 PM.
kneed2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 153.2/145.6/125

Height: 5'2"

I have been following the Belly Fat Cure for about 3 months and have lost 23 pounds in that time, which is faster than I was losing when I wasn't controlling my carb intake. So from my perspective now, this has been a good choice for me. Is it the absolute best way for me to lose weight or is it a good way for you? I'm not sure! I think you just have to try it out and see.

I can't speak to experiences with ending the diet (it IS supposed to be a lifelong way of eating) or with cheating because I haven't done that. I have screwed up on occasion, especially near the start when I wasn't yet used to eating smaller portions of carbohydrates, but it apparently didn't affect my loss much. These days I have 6 or 7 days out of the week that are totally BFC-compliant, with the non-compliance usually being eating like 5.4 g of sugar in one meal instead of 5 accidentally. However, I have not gone off plan to cheat or binge, and I think that is because the plan is quite flexible and I have been very satisfied with the type and amount of food that I eat.

I have had to give up some foods that I really enjoy, like most fruits and yogurt. I don't think I'll stay on this specific plan for the rest of my life but I definitely have learned that I need to control my carbohydrate and especially sugar intake to be healthy, so I will probably try to follow this type of plan for the rest of my life, if not this specific one.
ERHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 07:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 211/see ticker/145

Thanks ERHR!!

I started today and im struggling!!! Its so hard and Im having a difficult time figuring out what i can eat and what i cant! Ahh hopefully with time I can figure things out.
kneed2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 03:09 PM   #4  
Carb and Sugar Watcher

S/C/G: 216/213/130

Height: 5'5

Hey ERHR, can you give me some examples of what you are eating? I started today and I am absolutely starving!!!!!i do know i need to head out and buy some stuff but maybe you can share some things to get you by on a daily basis. id really appreciate it
GoBanana76 is offline   Reply With Quote