Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 09:49 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 247.6/236.0/135

Height: 5 ft 3 inches

and so today was cheat free- Go me!

Job transition (aka giving it to the person who beat me out) starts officially tomorrow. I've accepted it. It shouldn't suck as much as I was afraid.

New job lead (maybe that's why?), don't know if it's what I want, but I'm in position to take it or leave it.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:43 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 291.3/236.1/150

Kel you are doing great!

Jill I'm envious of the Brazilian place that sounds fantastic!

Down 1.5 this week - looking at my average from the start it works out to be 1.55 per week which I know is a healthy amount to lose but I really really want to average 2 a week (hope you all read that in a proper whiny voice)
Old 08-17-2011, 10:06 PM   #108  

AND YET ANOTHER CHEAT FREE DAY!!! THAT'S RIGHT!!!!

Yo-Rho! Doing GREAT!

Why am I so excited today - I resisted tons of temptation today - it flowed like water - most of it right into my office door - satan's minions were busy today girls! I resisted cake, ice cream, chicken salad croissants, ooey gooey butter cake, combos (office mate was eating them). I had my super LC girl cape fluttering behind me the whole time.

Then I got a PHONE CALL. The job I really really really wanted and had already received the let down form letter for (without being interviewed) called to see if I was still interested and scheduled an interview. Good thing I got an outfit on the READY. I was running around in circles inside. Life is turning upwards
Old 08-18-2011, 07:27 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 236/212/190

Height: 5'5"

Kel, the possible job news sounds fantastic! Knock 'em dead!

I'm a lurker, haven't posted in a while, but still appreciate that this board is active. Having fellow travelers (travellers?) is very supportive.

Sharon
Old 08-18-2011, 08:19 AM   #110  

Oh Kel fingers and toes crossed for you and all kinds of good thoughts going out for you.... Keep us in the loop .... YAY!

Sharon jump right in - I usually lurk but am trying to be active in at least a few threads here to keep me motivated
Old 08-18-2011, 08:28 AM   #111  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

oooh, Kel, good luck with the interview!!

Welcome, Sharon!

I'm still not eating a whole lot, but I've confirmed that, despite everyone trying to shove crackers, pasta, oatmeal, etc., down my throat, carbs make me feel WORSE (based on experience from a Panera breakfast sandwich over the weekend and some pizza a couple nights ago). So, peanut butter, cheesey scrambled eggs made with heavy cream, rolled up deli ham (microwaved) and cheese dipped in mayo, and non-starchy veggies (baby brussels sprouts last night!) are my primary go-to foods.

Hoping for nothing but good news at my first OB appointment tomorrow.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:55 AM   #112  

Height: 5'7"

Kel - WOOHOO! You had a great day! Good luck with the interview!!

Jill - I have no idea what the rules are during pregnancy regarding LC... but I know that fats are pretty much the one essential thing in the very early days! The brain stem and spinal cord are basically 100% cholesterol at this point. Keep it up with those eggs I think it's safe to trust your body for knowing what it needs. Good luck at the OB appt!

hi Sharon and Rho

I keep forgetting to come check in down here, mostly because, well, I have little to say other than "everything is good." I love having a plan that I don't struggle with day to day. It's easy to keep on keepin' on. I had a six-day irritation stuck at 200 on the nose, but as that was my 2nd week OP and my 2nd week is always kind of wonky, I didn't stress. I was just irritated that my body chose to stick at a 2-- number! But today I'm down to 198.4 so things are still moving right along.

I made the most delicious lasagna the other night with eggplant slices instead of noodles. Nom nom nom. My fiance's out to sea at the moment (Navy; he's rotating 12 day underways right now) so it was nice to make a big pan of something so I can just grab food without fretting.

Class starts next week - I'll still be working FT while taking two classes. Mondays willl be the worst, 4-10 (lecture/lab). Gotta learn to pack low-carb foods as you know I won't find anything in a vending machine anywhere... Plus I still have to put in my 8 hrs a day at work so I have to start at 6am in order to leave on time for class. OY. This won't be fun.........

Last edited by abluvion; 08-18-2011 at 08:55 AM.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:58 PM   #113  

Thanks for all the support, I am so very hopeful.

abluvion, I'd recommend planning some weekend prep time. When I can, I'll work ahead on the weekends. Boil some eggs. Cook some chicken I diced up (last weekend I did enough for 3 meals - put them in bowls with other parts of the dishes I was going to use them for - when the night comes - just dump in skillet, reheat, and add remaining ingredients). Chop some veggies - I like to make "rabbit bags" - little ziplocs of asst veggies. Whenever I cook, I try to cook a little extra something - double the onions or beef (if I do crumbled beef I might also throw in burger patties before the crumbled or do an extra steak for a salad later), or chicken or spaghetti squash. Then part of a later meal is done.

Look for lists of low carb lunch box or snack ideas - they abound. I do allow myself peanuts or pork skins out of vending machines if I get in a total pinch. Also, look for low carb alternatives at restaurant/fast food places for back up. Sometimes, you just end up going out no matter what because the world kicked you in the pants that day.

I have a cute lunch box (looks like a medium sized purse) that I LOVE. I group my lunch box stuff together in the fridge and leave the lunch box by my purse to remind me to grab the stuff. If I prepack the box and put in fridge I forget it sometimes.

Good luck in school! I know it's hard to work and get educated - I've been there done that - and yes, have the t-shirt, thrice. What are you going to school for?
Old 08-18-2011, 01:58 PM   #114  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by abluvion View Post
Plus I still have to put in my 8 hrs a day at work so I have to start at 6am in order to leave on time for class. OY. This won't be fun.........
I LOVE working early - I get so much more done before everyone else is around to bug me! I normally get to the office anywhere between 6-7am (well, 7 moreso now that I'm sluggish in the mornings...) so I can leave by 3. I have worked this way for years; it's pretty much a requirement I have whenever I go on a job interview. No flexible hours? Not the job for me! I enjoy having a few "business hours" in the afternoons for errands and whatnot before the rest of the world is also clocked out
Old 08-19-2011, 07:55 AM   #115  

Height: 5'7"

Kel, thanks for the suggestions! I will definitely be looking up ideas for stuff to bring this weekend so I can appropriately shop. Of course I have a challenge with tomorrow too, at volunteer events from 9-6... But I'll find a way to handle them, I am determined!

Jill - you weird woman, you I work from home, so starting work early just means sitting alone in my pj's earlier Though for some reason I do end up being more productive in the hours before my coworkers come online, and the hours after (we all sign into yahoo messenger). Even though no one really bugs me during the day... It's odd. But anyhow... You can't convince me starting work at 6 is a good thing

Lost another little bit today, despite TOM's arrival (weird). I'm about to hit 197 Further and further from the 200's we go!
Old 08-19-2011, 12:22 PM   #116  

Over on the IP group they had a thread going on how we reward ourselves for reaching personal goals and there were some super ideas. I'm going to have to think about this for a bit but do you all have any thing you are doing? I love some of the ideas (x dollars for each 5 or 10 lbs lost put aside or haircuts at a certain goal etc) but right now I'm really like the idea of something tangible that I can see everyday to remind me what I have done - so I'm leaning towards taking a necklace I have already and buying some kind of charm or something to hang on it and then wearing it everyday - and every time I look in the mirror I will see it and be reminded of what I have already done and visualize it finished and what I will have at the end. Now I need to go look as see what would work for this idea so each 5 lb and 10 lb and big goal like 25 etc would be a splurge I wouldn't spend on myself normally - and would all work together to be pretty when it is complete. Maybe each 5 lb would be a small silver ball, each 10 a little bigger and each 20 or 25 a gold ball or pretty beads of different colors and sizes (I think there is still a bead store in town)
Old 09-14-2011, 03:33 PM   #117  

Hey! Just wanted to check in and see if any of y'all were still doing this.....

I am, and have been since July 25th. If (IF) I can lose roughly 4 more pounds by September 25th, then I will have lost 25 lbs. in 2 months, which is totally inconceivable to me.

Anyway, just wanted to know how things are going.

Jilly, congrats on the pregnancy!
Old 09-15-2011, 09:05 AM   #118  

Im still here - down about 30 lbs now since May .... Watch out or I'll kill this thread again . I seem to have a knack for it hehehe

Anyone have periods where food is just not appealing - I mean the thought of it just makes your stomach turn ...I'm ending up with some uninspired meals because I don't want to think about food. Plus hubby just had 2 tooth related weeks one where it was a tooth ache that they temporarily fixed and then it was pulled last Friday - so I didn't want to be eating and cooking yummy stuff for me that he couldn't eat - of course everything I made for him was pretty much off limits for me - things are finally getting back to normal food wise for him so I can get back to some staples .. Now I just need to be excited about some meals ....
Old 09-15-2011, 01:32 PM   #119  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rho1640 View Post
Im still here - down about 30 lbs now since May .... Watch out or I'll kill this thread again . I seem to have a knack for it hehehe

Anyone have periods where food is just not appealing - I mean the thought of it just makes your stomach turn ...I'm ending up with some uninspired meals because I don't want to think about food. Plus hubby just had 2 tooth related weeks one where it was a tooth ache that they temporarily fixed and then it was pulled last Friday - so I didn't want to be eating and cooking yummy stuff for me that he couldn't eat - of course everything I made for him was pretty much off limits for me - things are finally getting back to normal food wise for him so I can get back to some staples .. Now I just need to be excited about some meals ....
Oh, no no, sweetie--I am the thread killer at 3FC. You Can NOT take that title away from me!!!

I've been noticing a lot lately that I'm not hungry. I have to make myself eat. And then sometimes I'm so hungry it's pathetic! I'm especially bad about skipping supper because I'll wait until after I walk and my appetite just totally disappears. I'll try to drink a few calories at that point (like maybe 4 oz. of concord grape juice). Gives me a few carbs, but it hasn't hurt my weight loss any.

One thing I'm doing differently this go-around is avoiding any kind of processed low-carb products, like the Atkins bars & shakes. I really think they were detremental to my losses before, plus they make me crave more sweets. I'm strictly meat, eggs, cheese, salads and some fruit/juice this time.

I'm actually wearing a pair of size 20 blue jeans today for the first time in at least 5, maybe 6, years!!
Old 09-15-2011, 11:28 PM   #120  

Whoo HOO that is fantastic - can't wait till I get there - you are doing great!

I just got some of the bars to have for days I forget to eat (which does happen more often than I'd like to admit) I figure if I throw one in my knitting bag if I am out and about and realize I didn't eat and feel icky I can have one. ... If I'm home I just make something but I hate when I start feeling really crummy when I am out. And I don't want to rely on Fast food places either -The sad thing is they will probably go past their expiration before I eat them lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4myself View Post
Oh, no no, sweetie--I am the thread killer at 3FC. You Can NOT take that title away from me!!!

I've been noticing a lot lately that I'm not hungry. I have to make myself eat. And then sometimes I'm so hungry it's pathetic! I'm especially bad about skipping supper because I'll wait until after I walk and my appetite just totally disappears. I'll try to drink a few calories at that point (like maybe 4 oz. of concord grape juice). Gives me a few carbs, but it hasn't hurt my weight loss any.

One thing I'm doing differently this go-around is avoiding any kind of processed low-carb products, like the Atkins bars & shakes. I really think they were detremental to my losses before, plus they make me crave more sweets. I'm strictly meat, eggs, cheese, salads and some fruit/juice this time.

I'm actually wearing a pair of size 20 blue jeans today for the first time in at least 5, maybe 6, years!!
Closed Thread