Old 02-03-2011, 07:44 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 255.5/196/158

Height: 5'7"

Shopgirl, Just at the local grocery store.
dancingfish, The only way I like milk is with a half dozen cookies.
kittycarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:19 PM   #107  

I use stevia regularly, without any ill effects. However, aspartame, which isn't allowed on BFC, gave me headaches until I figured out the connection.
deetermined2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:28 PM   #108  

Default Maltitol

Maltitol gives me stomachaches. And that is true for many people. I recommend buying only one product containing it until you see how you react to it.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:35 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 199/194/154

Height: 5'5

Hi, I'm new to the BFC. My first day is tomorrow. I haven't read the book as of yet, went to pick it up today and it's sold out. I guess I'll have to order it online. I've been "researching" somewhat though, and I do have some doubts- then again when I read everyone's successes, I think just go for it. I tried Atkins right after my third child was born and I was so constipated that I didn't make it more than a month, lol. 120 carbs/day sounds a lot healthier than 20, at least for my intestines! Where did you ladies get the weight loss trackers? Thanks!
magnolia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:39 PM   #110  

kittycarlson and all,

Ferguson update-
1500-1800 calories for women, (but don't count)
keep a food journal
limit dairy, use it more as a condiment
fruit is allowed
watch fat

So far even though it's not suppose to be a "diet", it sure sounds like it to me.
Especially when the first example of a breakfast contains an egg-white omelet.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:09 AM   #111  

S/C/G: 173.5/151/130

Height: 5.4

KittyCarlson--shhhh don't say the C word!! haha

So anyone want to share superbowl reciepes/thoughts?

For Finger foods I am making:
a crab/cream cheese dip and using celery for the dipper.
Shrimp on a stick
Egg salad on Cheezits
Cheese
Bacon wrapped scallops

Dinner:
Hamburgers
Broccoli Salad (mayo, cheese onions, vinagar and truvia)
Green Salad
Maybe French Fries (depending if I have enough Carbs left from grazing

Anyone have any other great Ideas? I have lots of dip reciepes that are on plan but its what to dip in them that has me stumped!
dancingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:30 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 255.5/196/158

Height: 5'7"

Hi all I'm so happy to see new people. Hi determined thanks for the ferguson update. Egg whites uck!!! My least favorite part of the egg.

Dancing fish sounds like a great super bowl party. The veggies I eat are usually celery I love the stuff. Those microwavable bags of broccoli, cauliflower, green beans and sometimes a 1/2 cup of peas. I put either butter or a slice of cheese on top and melt in the microwave. I also eat salad greens and coleslaw. I'm going to try some fried cabbage. I try to have at least three veggies per day. They account for about half of my carbs and are filling. At first I had some rasberries every once in a while. Now the season doesn't entice me so much. I don't like frozen only fresh.

I eat some eggs usually on weekends. I used to eat more but not so much anymore. I love chicken salad. I usually make small ziplock bowls and take them with me when I'm out of town at work each week. I usually eat them like a salad but this week I used up my last wrap so had a sandwich too. It was good. I usually don't do that so I can spend the carbs elsewhere. I've been eating little ziplock bowls with 1/2 cup of cottage cheese too. It tastes rich and creamy. It's funny I don't even need salt and pepper on it anymore.
I like those wasa crisps with tuna salad two of them fill me up. I think you can have three as a serving. Sometimes I eat TJ almond butter on a couple of them but not often.

I learned at the beginning that I needed to leave the cheezits alone as I have no self-control and they awoke the crave monster in me. I guess that's my carb addiction roaring it's ugly head. I've tried making some dessert like things but they also make me want more..more..more. Well this ended up being kinda long but hope it gives you some ideas.
kittycarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 03:26 PM   #113  
Keto lady

S/C/G: 206/190/Under 140

Height: 5'5"

Hi girls! This is an old trick from when my mom did Atkins that I still use for chip dips to this day:

Preheat oven to 400 and put foil on a cookie sheet.

Spray with pam and drop pinches of shredded cheddar into baby piles

Bake for about 7 minutes at 400 until they are sizzling and bubbly

Remove and let cool. When hardened I transfer them to a plate with a paper towel on it.

Crunchy cheese chips for dipping-- carb free!
Txalupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 03:31 PM   #114  
Keto lady

Dancingfish-- Have you tried unsweetened vanilla almond milk!? I love it probably more than I ever loved dairy milk!
Old 02-04-2011, 03:43 PM   #115  
Shopgirl2011

S/C/G: 251.5/251.5/199 (Goal #1)

Height: 5'8"

dancingfish, I was a huge milk drinker. Lots of skim milk. This is a wake up call to me about all the sugar in it, not to mention the hormones in cow's milk.

I am down 1.5 lbs however I went wayyyyy ove rmy sugar last night. Back on track today. I was doing fine until I got into some cookie dough late at night. I am not even that big of a sweets person! I was doing okay...had my bfast sandwich, two meatballs for a snack, and then had buffalo wings for a late lunch- delish! Then I totally fell off the wagon with the cookie dough.

I worry about all of the possible sodium though in bacon, sausage, etc. I did get the Target Market Pantry brand of sausage patties- they are lower fat but still 13g of fat. I may cut them in half for my bfast sandwiches since they are a good size patty.

I need to up my water and fiber, too.

I have a recipe for Buffalo Chicken Dip that could be on plan. The questionable one is the ranch dressing- anyone know a good on-plan brand? You could also use celery for dipping.

Buffalo Chicken Dip

Boil 2 lbs of boneless chicken breast for one hour and cube.

In large fry pan, melt 2 blocks of cream cheese.
Add one cup Frank's hot sauce
One cup ranch dressing
Add chicken and 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Heat until melted

Place dip in crock pot and serve with crackers, chips or soft pretzels (or celery)

Anytime I make it people love it and it is easy to make.

Last edited by Shopgirl2011; 02-04-2011 at 03:50 PM.
Shopgirl2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 03:46 PM   #116  
Keto lady

Default Zevia Cola Caffeine

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetermined2 View Post
Anyone know if the Zevia cola has caffeine? If it does, it may help, Shopgirl2011. I drink the Sobe sometimes, but it is not caffeinated. Just make sure it is one of the ones sweetened with Purevia.
Sorry I am replying to this now, but yes! Zevia cola and Dr. Zevia both have caffeine and taste great. The only problem is that they are pricey.

I like the Zevias, but when I want something caffeinated I usually go for unsweetened iced tea with a squeeze of lemon and 1/2 packet of Truvia. Otherwise I like iced coffee with heavy cream and truvia.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:49 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 185/179/135

Smile Newbie

Hi all. I am new to this site and to the BFC. I saw it on Rachel Ray on Monday and it sounded like something very do-able for me. I am around the highest weight I have been in about 10 yrs, minus two pregnancies in the last two years (and I am close to that!). I have always been a starver and it has always worked for me...the weight always stayed off but I was always absolutely miserable because I love food..but in the last year or so, it just isn't working and instead the weight has just crept on...Also, I enjoy my adult beverages too, so I thought, okay...I can eat and have my wine on this...I can do it!!! I ordered my book and have yet to receive.

Based on the information on this site...I went back to the original thread and read thru all the posts...I went ahead and started on Wednesday. Wednesday I was hungry all day and ate ALL day...probably doubled the amount of food on any of his daily menu plans, but still stayed within the guidelines of 12/6. I weighed on Thursday, not to see if I had lost, but to see how much I had GAINED because I thought there was no way I could eat that much without gaining 5 pounds. Well, I lost a pound. Wow. Okay so I am thinking it's a fluke...and also a bit skeptical at this point because a common theme on this thread is that yal don't get hungry and often have to make yourselves eat...this wasn't the case for me. Anyways...onto day 2...okay, not nearly as hungry...hmmmm. It was really a struggle to eat 2 meals, much less three. Checked the scales this morning...lost another pound. But today I have completely lost my appetite...I tried so hard to eat a small egg and cheese burrito ( which I would normally love...) and I almost got physically ill. I could only get half of it down. It is now 4ish and I am still feeling queesy and still haven't been able to eat anything. I am extremely thirsty. As soon as i finish one glass of water, I am onto the next. I am not complaining...it is awesome to not be hungry...but would love some feedback from others to see if this pattern is norm and if I should force myself to eat even if I feel I am going to get physically ill!

Thanks in advance for any advice. I am looking forward to hearing about everyone's stories and sharing in your weight loss journey.
shetide1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 04:08 PM   #118  
Keto lady

Hi Shetide! Good luck on your journey. This site is a great resource for people who are turning their lives around and the BFC is a staggering look at how much sugar people eat!!!

For the first couple of weeks on this plan I went through wild bouts of sugar withdrawal (headaches, nausea, etc) because I was such a candy monster and a french fry freak.

So keep in mind that if you feel weird, you're probably doing things right!!
Old 02-04-2011, 05:18 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 173.5/151/130

Height: 5.4

I commend all of you who are trying to lose weight and be healthy at the same time.. For me if I can loose the weight I feel half the battle is won then I can adjust my food intake to be a healthier me. I feel much better without the sugar. Buts its all I can do to stay away from foods with natural sugars. I don't think I could give up bacon too!

And alcohol is an issue.. I am not sure if the wine I am drinking is high in sugars or not... no labels to show the damage!

If there was one fault I could find in this diet is the lack of information.
dancingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 06:02 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 197/see ticker/137

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetide1 View Post
Okay so I am thinking it's a fluke...and also a bit skeptical at this point because a common theme on this thread is that yal don't get hungry and often have to make yourselves eat...this wasn't the case for me. Anyways...onto day 2...okay, not nearly as hungry...hmmmm. It was really a struggle to eat 2 meals, much less three. Checked the scales this morning...lost another pound. But today I have completely lost my appetite...I tried so hard to eat a small egg and cheese burrito ( which I would normally love...) and I almost got physically ill. I could only get half of it down. It is now 4ish and I am still feeling queesy and still haven't been able to eat anything. I am extremely thirsty. As soon as i finish one glass of water, I am onto the next. I am not complaining...it is awesome to not be hungry...but would love some feedback from others to see if this pattern is norm and if I should force myself to eat even if I feel I am going to get physically ill!
I think you will have days where you are a little hungry, go ahead and eat. Then there will be days that you won't be hungry and cherish those days. For me, I love to eat and I love to graze. Doing BFC, I am no longer grazing and somehow I am not as hungry. I don't quite get it, but I like it! I don't know what anybody else would say, but don't force yourself to eat. Maybe try a little protein so you don't get nauseous. Good luck. I am new here, too.
TheSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote