Old 06-01-2010, 09:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 232.5/170.8/150

Height: 5'8"

Default Cad/calp

With just about every diet/woe etc out there and many I have tried more than once. I have decided that CAD/CALP is one that suits me the best. I know lower carb and controlling my carb intake is critical but I don't want to give them up totally. So CAD/CALP seems to be the fit for me with its structure.

I am starting today!!! I haven't received my book yet, but with the information i have gathered I am jumping in the water and starting this WOL.

If anyone is interested in joining me on this journey or is already doing it and can lend some advice and knowledge that would be greatly appreciated. I am looking for buddies, even if you are not doing this plan, just to keep each other motivated and accountable.

A little info about me, I am 40 years old live in northern Minnesota, married, 2 children ages 15 and 13 and I work as a secretary at a nursing home. I have battled my weight what seems like all my life and seem to be on a continuous diet. I was once 296 and through many years and many plans I got myself down to 169. However, over the last 4 years I have gained and as of today I was 202.5, I never wanted to see that again. But here I am ready to get healthy and fit before 41 (I have only til January).

carla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 175/175/140

Height: 62 inches

Hi Carla70,

I'd like to join in with you. I was contemplating Protien Power and Atkins but after reading about this plan I think it may work a little better for me. I hope your still interested. I see that no one else responded.

I have around 35 lbs to lose.

Last edited by LaydJ; 06-15-2010 at 12:58 PM.
LaydJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 02:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 186.0/186.0/140

Height: 5"6"

Hi Girls,
OK tell me what CAD/CALP is?!
Thank you!
Peaches5577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:49 PM   #4  

With this plan you eat 2 low carb meals per day and then you get one meal with any carbs you like.
The 3rd meal (called the Reward Meal) must be balanced: protein, veggies then add your carbs (pasta, dessert, potatoes, bread etc).
You must eat everything within 60 minutes and if you go back for seconds on the carbs you must eat more protein and veggies first.
That's it in a nutshell but of course the book has more detail.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:32 AM   #5  

Oh I forgot to say that CAD stands for Carbohydrate Addicts Diet.