3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Other Reduced Carb Diets (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/other-reduced-carb-diets-227/)
-   -   ketosis (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/other-reduced-carb-diets/202690-ketosis.html)

bigmama5 05-24-2010 04:23 PM

ketosis

How do I know when I am there or not, where can find this out my coach has given no information on this.

glenlorie 05-24-2010 04:30 PM

Although I don't look for ketosis, I have done a lot of research and they most common thing that many of my weight loss friends use is a stick that is similar to a EPT (pregnancy test). A few of them said they purchase them from walmart, however I've never seen them there. A lot of them also order them online, so I'm sure if you do some online research you can find them. I hope this helps. Best wishes!!

JerseyGyrl 05-24-2010 04:42 PM

The ketosis sticks do not work for everyone....I 've lost over 100 lbs on Atkins and they never changed color for me. They are also pretty costly.
Key signs of ketosis are bad breath, a metallic taste in the mouth, foul smelling urine and thirst.

Godiva 06-04-2010 10:43 PM

If you want to see the pretty purple color on the Ketosticks, they can be found at WalMart... You just have to know where.

Go up to the pharmacy counter and they are kept up there. You won't find them on a shelf, you have to ask for them. No big deal they hand the box to you, you put it in your cart, and pay for them with the rest of your purchases when you are finished shopping.

I just bought 50 strips at Wal-Mart for under $7.00. Yeah Yeah, I like to see the purple!

But, as JerseyGirl mentioned... the sticks don't work for everyone.

Happy Friday everyone!

Godiva911 (aka Chocolate Emergency)

spaghetticat 06-04-2010 11:10 PM

I buy the store brand at walmart its in the diabetic section, but I am in a very mind state of ketosis so even early morning it does not show everyday depending on how much water I have drank and level of carbs. I think it took me 4 days to get into ketosis but once in I have only noticed hunger around Time of the month, and I am full of energy :)
Oh and me pee smells weird lol.

tymaboy 06-05-2010 01:19 PM

I just bought mine at Walgreen. At Walgreens they are around $11.

DedicatedLoser 06-08-2010 02:46 AM

walgreens sell a good batch at 10 dollars

I have a great question to the ladies out there.. i am a lady who gets her period every month.. i can do the diet but until then when my period comes my cravings go of the ROOF! any suggestions/ helpful ways to curb this? ive tried diet jello, sugar free gum, crystal liight drinks, and pickles to satisfy ravenous cravings while on my period. anything else?

thank u!

showgirlaz 06-13-2010 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DedicatedLoser (Post 3329716)
walgreens sell a good batch at 10 dollars

I have a great question to the ladies out there.. i am a lady who gets her period every month.. i can do the diet but until then when my period comes my cravings go of the ROOF! any suggestions/ helpful ways to curb this? ive tried diet jello, sugar free gum, crystal liight drinks, and pickles to satisfy ravenous cravings while on my period. anything else?

thank u!

Try taking a chromium/vanadium supplement from the health food store. It should help counter cravings.

elisaannh 07-01-2010 11:28 AM

You can cut the strips in half to double the number of test strips. Just don't touch the pad at the end. If you have very sharp scissors and a steady hand you can cut them in thirds. I've done it.

shareislam 07-13-2010 04:48 AM

I just started atkins a couple days ago and the sticks are showing trace ketones. My son is on a ketogenic diet and we're supposed to check his ketones 3 times a week. The strips have always worked fine for us. I get them at Walgreens. At my store they keep them behind the counter with the insulin needles, glucometers, etc. aka diabetic supplies.