Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 10:16 AM   #151  
Started IP 2-18-10

Height: 5'8

My 3rd weigh in is tomorrow wish me luck.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:49 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birman View Post
Bev, you are so cool!
You can tell from my avatar, huh?
Old 03-10-2010, 11:04 AM   #153  

S/C/G: 237/184/157

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post

I also spoke to my coach about the constipation issues and about some water retention in my legs. I also went to the doctor about the water retention. He does not think it is anything serious and wants me to take water pills for 4 -5 days. He did take blood to be sure and I should have the results today.
For the constipation - My coach said I needed to be sure and take all 4 of the calcium/mag supplements. I had cut back to 2 and was having better luck but I will try it. Also I already take the enzymes and the citrate of magnesia when necessary. I have started drinking some warm salt water in the morning, seems to help.

For the water retention - My coach said I could take 2 of the potassium supplements a day. I was doing this initially until someone said it could be harmful. I don't feel so tired when I take 2 of the potassium supplements a day. She also sold me the anti-oxidants which have green tea and are supposed to help with the water retention. My doctor said that taking the extra potassium supplement will not build too much potassium in my system as long as my kidneys are functioning properly. I will know for sure today when I get my blood results.
BlueMermaid, if you actually notice that you don't feel so tired when you take 2 of the potassium supplements, I think that is significant. Fatigue is one of the symptoms of potassium deficiency. So is edema, by the way. Dr. Tran Tien says that potassium deficiency is the main hazard of this diet, so we need to be careful with that. I think it's great that you actually had blood tests to check your levels out for sure. (I just got back the results of my blood tests, and my doctor said they "couldn't be better").
Old 03-10-2010, 11:14 AM   #154  

I paid a $75 initial consultation fee but I don't mind because my coach is great. She gives us weekly recipes, weighs and measures us once a week, lends us cookbooks...we have a facebook support group where she answers all our questions etc; she even gives us free food if we hit certain weight loss targets and/or refer friends. And that's one fee for life, so she still wants us to weigh in once a month once we're at goal just to stay accountable...plus if we ever need to go back on program for any length of time it doesn't cost us anything more...

I used to pay $15 a week every week to weigh in at Weight Watchers and I definitely didn't have any of my leaders home phone #'s if I had questions....

Best $75 I've ever spent really
Old 03-10-2010, 11:17 AM   #155  

Sounds like a superb value, jordanna.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:19 AM   #156  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
You can tell from my avatar, huh?
Yep. That was it! lol
Old 03-10-2010, 11:29 AM   #157  
dad

S/C/G: 244/178/174

Birman, congrats! According to your ticker you beat me to 199! I'm jealous. I eliminated restricted items this week hoping to beat you there. But I was only at 201 this morning.

Good job.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:40 AM   #158  

S/C/G: 275/197/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritiki19 View Post
I have been craving hot cocoa! Can you make the choco pudding into a drink and heat it? What about the choco drink? Has anyone done this and does it work?
They make IP Hot Chocolate---I would be in real trouble if they didn't. It is the one thing I can tolerate no matter what. It is breakfast every morning.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:45 AM   #159  

Hockey Mom23- Good reminder all victories are not shown on the scale.

SassyKimAnn - Stay steady as you had such a large first week loss, you body might be just adjusting. It will go down.

Blue Mermaid - Hope your tests are okay.

I am actually really glad that I am losing well, without the ketosis symptoms -- bad breath and body odor.

I made the chocolate pancake/muffin this morning. Wow did I mess that up! I tried to make one big pancake in a pan and it puffed up and then I couldn't turn it very well. My suggestion would be to make it into several 4 in pancakes. It did taste good though if you just know what to do with it.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:51 AM   #160  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
I can get all the support I need right here on this forum.
Amen to that!
Old 03-10-2010, 12:27 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 136/119.5/120

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinyang View Post

I made the chocolate pancake/muffin this morning. Wow did I mess that up! I tried to make one big pancake in a pan and it puffed up and then I couldn't turn it very well. My suggestion would be to make it into several 4 in pancakes. It did taste good though if you just know what to do with it.
I'm going to try that with my pancake/crepe, I tried the big thing too, and it was a disaster, though tasted ok and I just bought WF jelly to put on it. I need to try the nacho recipe that was posted before too, that should be good.

On a side note, ran out of lettuce at lunch yesterday and forgot to buy more on the way home from work, so I stuffed one cup full of spinach leaves, as much as I could, and the other cup veggies for the salad, it worked last night for my hunger and hope I didn't have too much spinach, today was neither, so just had lunch, doing ok, but drinking lots of water to stave off any potential hunger, definitely hitting the store for lettuce today though!!!!
Old 03-10-2010, 12:44 PM   #162  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad View Post
Birman, congrats! According to your ticker you beat me to 199! I'm jealous. I eliminated restricted items this week hoping to beat you there. But I was only at 201 this morning.

Good job.
(smile)

Regarding "beating", it wasn't exactly a fair competition since you started the week at 204, whereas I started at 200.4.

I have to say that I chuckled when I your post, Scott -- seeing the man / woman difference. While you were hoping to beat, I have been rooting for you to hurry up so we could celebrate together!

Thank you for the kudos. Lookin' forward to you joining me.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:01 PM   #163  

PS: I have to admit that I was VERY excited to break 200. Called friends and family to tell them! (Yes, I'm odd.)
Old 03-10-2010, 01:03 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 164.2/164.2/130

Height: 5' 6 3/4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I paid a $75 initial consultation fee but I don't mind because my coach is great. She gives us weekly recipes, weighs and measures us once a week, lends us cookbooks...we have a facebook support group where she answers all our questions etc; she even gives us free food if we hit certain weight loss targets and/or refer friends. And that's one fee for life, so she still wants us to weigh in once a month once we're at goal just to stay accountable...plus if we ever need to go back on program for any length of time it doesn't cost us anything more...

I used to pay $15 a week every week to weigh in at Weight Watchers and I definitely didn't have any of my leaders home phone #'s if I had questions....

Best $75 I've ever spent really
Sounds like you have a great support system there Jordanna. I'm in Kelowna and if you can believe it, there is only one place in town - a spa no less, that has the IP system. The lady who "consults" with you doesn't seem to know too much. Most of it I knew from researching myself. I didn't have to pay a consultation fee because I bought food - around $300 worth the first time. Still have some of that left, some I won't even finish. If I run out of something, I have to try and give them a weeks notice so they can get it from their sister spa in Summerland. So, I am basically on my own. Thanks goodness for this website.!!
Take Care -
Old 03-10-2010, 01:08 PM   #165  

S/C/G: 164.2/164.2/130

Height: 5' 6 3/4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsiemom View Post
I am aiming for 135 pounds if that is what you mean. I may look to you for strength once in awhile, and hope you will do the same.
Hey NewsieMom - sounds good to me.

A question to you, and or anyone else out there. I hope this does not sound rude to anyone, but is anyone worried about the lbs. lost and the what our bodies will look like with all that weight gone? Are we going to have great big hanging loose skin?

Also, if you are not hungry, do you need to have the extra protein packet snack at night?

Thanks, and Have a good day everyone!
Take Care -
Closed Thread