Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 10:52 PM   #1  
tonya

S/C/G: 228.5/228.5/140

Height: 5'5

Default Belly Fat Cure

Has anyone tried the Belly Fat Cure and if so what kind of result did you get???
Old 01-06-2010, 12:04 AM   #2  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

never heard of it, what is it?
Old 01-06-2010, 06:20 AM   #3  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmad View Post
never heard of it, what is it?
http://thebellyfatcure.com/
Old 01-06-2010, 09:23 PM   #4  

Default I am Doing It..LOVE IT!!!

I have been doing the Belly Fat Cure since January 1st. My teenage son started on Monday. We LOVE IT!!! We are not missing a thing! The program is awesome. It is not expensive or rather,you can make it as expensive as you want just like WWs or South Beach. I only bought Zevia soda, Truvia Sweetener and Ezekiel bread ...other than that, just whatever is in my pantry.

I am down 7 pounds and my son is down almost 4 pounds. We had pulled pork, french fries and coleslaw for dinner last night. Tonight he had the same thing and I had fish, mashed potatoes and spinach. We do GILAD every night for 20 to 30 minutes and we have no sugar cravings and if we do, we just grab some unsweetened chocolate almond milk, add a packet of Truvia and we are good! *lol*

We both have so much energy..it is not even funny!! I LOVE IT!!
Old 01-08-2010, 04:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 219/172/160

Height: 5' 4"

I would love to have a forum on this diet. I e-mailed this website to ask how you go about starting a forum and this is what they said :

No, I'm sorry but we are not planning a forum for that particular plan. We used to have a Jorge Cruise forum but it fizzled out and was closed. To establish a forum, the plan must have a large following and stand the test of time, through dedicated threads somewhere on the forum.

I know in the past he had a book on the 3 hour diet. This one is supposed to be easier to follow. First magazine has a great article on it. You basically count carbs and sugar. No more than 15 grams of sugar and 6 servings of carbs. You can go up to 120 grams of carbs by my calculations.

I am starting this one too. Mother and Son please keep me posted on how you are doing and I will do the same. I have been on Metabolic Research Center but I am going to adjust it to do the belly fat cure.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:01 AM   #6  

Default Jorge Cruise Belly Fat Cure

Anyone want to start a new thread with this diet? I am very excited by all I have read. The book is sold out in my city so I ordered it from amazon.com and should be getting it today.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:34 PM   #7  

Height: 6-1.5

This is about what I have been doing as a low carb diet. I think it's basically "Atkins" plus adding any kind of no-sugar substitute for other things you might want to eat. As far as the results. I started doing something like this in mid December. I don't really go for stepping on the scale a lot. I have visually seen changes in my fatty areas. I have to be fair though, I started working somewhere where I am bending and lifting a lot, so I am getting more exersise too.
Old 01-10-2010, 03:55 PM   #8  

Default Belly Fat Cure

I do best with a low carb lifestyle. I am jumping on board the belly fat cure because I think I have been eating too much (hidden) sugar and it is undermining my efforts to keep the fat from accumulating around my middle. Being almost 54 has changed the game for me. Used to be easier to keep it off even 10 years ago. Even regular exercise doesn't get rid of the fat stomach like low carb eating does. I agree that its easy enough. I got the new book and really like the recipes. You don't need exactly what he recommends, just read labels and look at sugar and carbs. You want the lowest sugar possible and higher fiber, too. I was out of control over the holidays and paid for it in weight gain. I'm back to my low carb lifestyle.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:13 PM   #9  

I am so glad to find some people doing this diet! I just got the book today but I have been doing the diet for 3 days based on info I got from First magazine. I am not sure of my weight loss from this diet as I started the Metabolic Research Center diet 12/27 - 1/7 and then switched to the Belly Fat Cure on 1/8. Between the two I have lost 9.5 pounds! The Belly Fat Cure is much easier and you have more choices.
I just turned 56 and agree the older you are the harder it is too lose. I know you only have to count carbs and sugar grams. I am also tracking calories as that is the way I have always lost in the past. Love that I can still have my favorite foods.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:14 PM   #10  

Talking Belly fat Cure

I just started this and lost 6 lbs in 1 week. I was floored to read what contained sugars and how much. Crazy stats. This eating plan is very easy to follow, I love that wine is OK and chocolate and recipes are delicious and fast. The book is well designed too. I like Jorge Cruise's books and his philosophy. I need to lose about 40 lbs and I think with exercise in the mix and this change in eating habits, it will happen. I also feel less tired .
Old 01-13-2010, 05:43 PM   #11  

Default Jorge Cruise Belly Fat Cure

I was online doing a search on Jorge Cruise's Belly Fat Cure and came upon your post. I joined so that I could reply. I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my book, which I ordered from Amazon. I wanted to let you know that I would love to be involved in a thread about this plan. I just joined 3 Fat Chicks today, so I am totally new to this type of communication. Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I'm interested. I expect my book to arrive today.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:08 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 168/157/105

Height: 5"2

You don't need the book to do this diet. I had been looking for it and while trying to find the book found all the info needed to do this diet. Spoke with someone else who had previously purchased the book and she confirmed that my finding were dead on with what is needed to do the diet. Guess I saved myself some money lol.

I started this on Monday and so far I love it, I feel great I have so much more energy, a little insomnia but that could be due to something entirely different. I just feel so much different and that is just in a couple of days.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:35 PM   #13  

I am so happy to hear from you two! The plan has been publicized so much that I am surprised I haven't found more people posting about it. The book is 1/2 recipes and products that he recommends. The only thing I read in the book that I didn't see in any of the magazine articles is that he also wants you to have 25-30 grams of fiber, mostly from whole grains. So, you keep track of carbs, sugar and fiber. I am also keeping track of calories as old habits die hard. Keeping a food diary is really helping me.

I have been doing the diet for 6 days based on info I got from First magazine. I am not sure of my weight loss from this diet as I started the Metabolic Research Center (MRC) diet 12/27 - 1/7 and then switched to the Belly Fat Cure on 1/8. Between the two I have lost 9.5 pounds as of 1/11! I am only weighing in twice a week so I will be weighing in again tomorrow. The Belly Fat Cure is much easier than MRC and you have more choices.

What I like about the food is that it is all my favorites foods with a healthy twist. Pizza, hamburgers, cheese, tacos, sandwiches. The twist is that you are eating whole grain high fiber bread and tortillas. One of the breads he suggests is Orowheat 100% whole wheat light bread. It is 40 calories a slice, 9 carbs, 1.5 sugars. smallest piece of bread I ever did see, and has 7 grams of fiber in 2 slices. I am having a bread product at every meal. Smart wheat tortillas have only 50 calories, 10 carbs, 0 sugar and 7 fiber grams. The tortillas are a little like cardboard but when you load them up with cheese they make a satisfying meal.

Let's keep in touch!
Old 01-13-2010, 11:46 PM   #14  

Forgot to add that there is a longer thread on this diet. Under Diet Central go to the Carb counters > other reduced carb diets. Let's transfer over there since there are only 3 of us here.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:56 PM   #15  

Hi!! I started this plan on Saturday and as of this morning I am down 4 lbs. I sleep better, my cravings are gone, I'm not starving all the time! Love it!!
Closed Thread