Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 03:21 PM   #361  

S/C/G: 171/154/149

Height: 5'7"

I know what you mean, Jaclync. I pretty much force myself not to weigh every day. I stick to Monday mornings and before a party. I feel like I need the motivation to be good at the parties, so I weigh myself. So far, it's worked.

Does anyone know the benefits of drinking the husks vs. using Benefiber vs. taking a fiber pill? Other than personal preference?

I'm considering buying the GG crispbreads online. Has anyone tried those? How big are they?

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 06-24-2010, 01:08 PM   #362  
Keto lady

S/C/G: 206/190/Under 140

Height: 5'5"

Default Fiber pills!

Hi Veem,

I am on the BFC and have been taking one dose (5 capsules) per day of the Target brand psyllium fiber husk supplements. They work great! They are also reasonably priced.

I have been a silent observer of this thread for several months-- I hope it's not dead! I love the BFC and have been a staunch follower since March 1, 2010. It's working, obviously!
Old 06-24-2010, 04:37 PM   #363  

Thanks, Txalupa!
I see by your weight record (or whatever the starting, now, goal thing is called) that you are doing really well. That gives me a lot of hope since we are of similar height and starting weights.

Since you've started BFC, have you done a lot of exercise or has your loss been solely due to diet?

Any good ideas for snacks other than cheese and nuts?

I too, hope this thread isn't dead as I have a ways to go and need all the encouragement I can get.

Again, I am so, so happy to see your results!!! Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txalupa View Post
Hi Veem,

I am on the BFC and have been taking one dose (5 capsules) per day of the Target brand psyllium fiber husk supplements. They work great! They are also reasonably priced.

I have been a silent observer of this thread for several months-- I hope it's not dead! I love the BFC and have been a staunch follower since March 1, 2010. It's working, obviously!
Old 06-24-2010, 05:33 PM   #364  

Hi everyone,
I didn't weigh this morning, mostly because I was busy from the moment I got up (at 5:15! yikes) but I go up and down within ounces from day to day. One day I may be up half a pound, the next day down a pound, up to ounces, etc. I am so stinkin' sensitive to everything, it seems! I retain water like it's going out of style!
However, I am sticking with this LC system because I feel better physically. There is a big container of homemade cookies in the other room and I don't even care -- I can take it or leave it -- and that is a new feeling for me.
I made LC French toast the other day with LC bread, but it triggered me wanting more than my portion and craving sugar. It was made with eggs, cream, cinnamon, and vanilla, with the LC bread, and I used sugar free syrup. At least it was lower carb for my kids!
I hope you are all having a good week. I appreciate the info about the fiber, as I think this could be my big problem with being up and down on the scale. There is some Metamucil in the cupboard that I may begin taking, though it has sugar in it... Maybe I'll try the Target psyllium fiber? Is it pills? Powder? Tablets? Is a similar product available at Costco?
YOU ARE WORTH THE EFFORT!
CS
Old 06-25-2010, 03:28 PM   #365  
Keto lady

Veem-- So glad my experiences can help you out! I am not on any specific workout regimen, but I do live in Chicago so I walk a lot of places at night and on the weekends. I believe this corresponds with Jorge's "take a 20 minute walk once in awhile" advice.

I eat a lot of cheese and nuts as well. Also, if you're a meat-eater, I also like summer sausage or hard salami.

I like to melt pinches of cheddar cheese sprinkled with pepper and garlic powder until they are bubbly onto a cookie sheet (400 deg. for 6-7 mins). When you take them out and let them cool they are very much like Doritos or other chips. You can dip them in ranch, etc.

Anyone else have tips or fave snack recipes?

Cutesmile-- The Target brand psyllium husk comes in capsule form and you can find it near the benefiber and the metamucil in the pharmacy section.

Glad the threads not dead! It's nice to have people to talk about this stuff with!
Old 06-26-2010, 07:51 PM   #366  

Oh I am having a bad day. I've eaten junk and now I'm feeling all YUCKY. You know what happened? I didn't weigh myself 3 days in a row. I think my weighing myself helps keep me focused, working towards a healthier me.
So, enough of the junk and now back to a good dinner of meat and veggies and I'll have a better day tomorrow.

What do you do when you slip off the wagon? What do you do to keep yourself motivated and not swayed by chocolate chips or whatever your weakness may be?

Also, has anyone here baked with Stevia? I have only baked with Splenda and so I'm wondering how Stevia does when in baked goods? I am going to make mini-cheesecakes to take to a friend with a new baby, and I thought I'd see how the Stevia does in the cheesecake recipe.

Hope you all are having a great weekend!
CS
Old 06-28-2010, 10:21 AM   #367  
Keto lady

CS-- Just keep going! The fact that you felt crappy when you ate crappy food means that in general, you've changed your lifestyle so that your body is used to GOOD things. This is a victory in itself!

What would scare me more is if you ate a Big Mac and fries and a coke and felt awesome...

Haven't baked with stevia yet, let me know how it goes!
Old 06-28-2010, 12:24 PM   #368  

S/C/G: 233/220/175

Height: 5'10"

Good morning everyone! I am trying to keep up on the board. Just get a little side tracked with work and home. I am approaching my 1 month and am down a total of 13lbs. Started fiber pills yesterday - Rite Aid brand and they are buy 1 get 1 free right now. So I hope they help.

I bought sugar free cookies but got back into the same cravings I had with sugars and had to quit buying them. I have found the cocoa covered almonds and the sugar free Hersheys Dark pieces help with my chocolate cravings.

Would love to find the bbq sauce recipe if anyone knows - my chicken was soo dry this weekend, would love to cook some ribs too.

My grandfather has been baking with Stevia for years - makes a killer carrot cake! I will see if I can find out what his ratio is.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:11 PM   #369  

Default ugh

Weekly weigh-in time and I'm pretty disgusted with myself. Gained 2 pounds, but I shouldn't be surprised. If I look back at my tracker, I totally missed tracking 2 days, had Chinese food one night, and went over 5/2 for two night in a row (but didn't go over for the day- I was just hungry and kept eating till I hit 15/6...what an idiot.)

I'm trying to find the silver lining and all I can come up with is that I would be really sick if I had been perfect all week and had the gain. I was FAR from perfect so this should be a good lesson for me.

I've got to get it together this week, especially with 4th of July weekend coming up.

I hope all of you had a super week with lots of loss!
Old 06-28-2010, 05:01 PM   #370  

Not sure what I posted but I was down 2.3 last week. That was my first week. I was happy considering this week I have TOM. I weighed in today and like last week I am up the same one pound. Weird!!!!!!! So, hoping for a loss by Thursday. Question, what is you average daily calorie intake.

Also, for the person looking for barbecue sauce recipe, I have used diet coke and salsa. You simmer or cook it down in a skillet with the chicken and it become this amazing sauce. I know diet coke is forbidden but what about that zevia soda?!? Don't know anything about it so I'm not sure it if will work.

Anyway...gotta run. Will check in tomorrow or soon.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:14 PM   #371  

Just wanted to post that I made cheesecake with Stevia today and I'm not crazy about it -- though I have not let it sit overnight in the fridge, yet. I can taste that "artificial" sweet taste. Grr. So, I'm making a berry sauce with real sugar in order to feel like I can give the cheesecakes to my friends.
I gained 3 lbs over the weekend, but that was because I gave in to pizza and cookies and I know better. Yesterday I stayed on track all day and 1) felt good and 2) had a great day!
I think the combination of LC and being able to sleep at night (I was a nursing mother, and since baby is now over a year I have stopped nursing and now he sleeps through the night) has helped me be able to feel like a person again. Yay!
I hope you all are moving forward with your week, keeping your eye on the prize of good health. You are worth the effort! (and so am I!)

CS
Old 06-28-2010, 10:16 PM   #372  

Default New here

I posted on the introductions section thinking this was mostly BFC... then realized it's everything...sort of. So decided to post directly here. What is the s/c/? that I was seeing off to the side? I know it is weight... but what do the initials stand for? Is it something like starting/current/goal? I'm 5'5" and around 140lbs (estimate based on our scale). I'd like to get rid of about 15-20 lbs. I'm 48. Youngest child is 3.5... 2 older are 21 and 23 and my step kids are 18 and 21. I'm a teacher and generally spend a lot of time at work (except for summers, obviously). When I get home I am doing everything for our son while DH is at work. By the time I get son to sleep I'm usually very pooped (my day starts at 5:30 AM during school months). So time for exercising doesn't exist much... though I am trying to fit in some walking. Hard to get in a good/productive walk with a 3 year old though. Shocked by what DH and I are finding for sugar and carb numbers. We just started working towards BFC lifestyle BUT have a huge full pantry that we need to replace with better belly foods as we get along. So we won't be fully on this plan until we get the bad belly stuff out of our house. We can't afford to give it away or throw it away. In the meantime, we are purchasing better... have gotten the protein whey (not his, but a good substitute), the SOBE water, stevia (for our coffee), probiotics, psy husk... haven't mixed up any drinks yet. Been only a few days. We're shocked at what we are finding... our son's go gurts ... way high on sugar and carb... his box 100% juice.... hugely bad... my blueberry bagels which I usually would eat dry on the way to work... very bad. So bit by bit we will make our changes. I'll finish the bagels in our house... son will finish his juice and go gurts... etc. We just won't be buying that stuff any more. BFC Drink... anyone use it? There's really nothing about it in the book other than the recipie. THREE probiotic capusules when the directions on the box say one a day?? Is this a one time thing to cleanse?? How often should we do the drink? anyone know? Oh.. info about DH. He's also late 40s and overweight. He has checked into various programs and such for weight loss. He's more the type to buy a product or exercise plan and let it sit in a cabinet or on a table. Same as with smoking... he had all sorts of unused smoking cessation products that went unused... but the "shot" helped him quit. Anyhow... so he hasn't read the book but I've filled him in and he is checking sugar and carb numbers with me. He does a lot of cooking but probably won't do the ones in the book.... he's used to his old favorites. But he'll eat what I cook and is okay with me doing the meals. We already realized how we can use a lot of every day stuff and keep our numbers down. But I'll be looking here for all the suggestions I can get. Anyone have a menu favorite from the book.... something you do regularly? I don't usually drink much water except perrier.... I drink wine at night (a glass or so). I have already started to drink more regular water and have cut way back on the typical sugar/carb diet I'd been doing. So has DH. I want to start having real breakfast in AMs (eggs would be nice, with some whole wheat toast... is scrambled considered okay?) Oh.... and we're in Florida.... anyone else here from Florida?? I look forward to getting to know you all and high fiving as you all make steps towards your goals!
Karen
Old 06-29-2010, 08:51 AM   #373  

S is sugar and C is carb. You can have no more than 15 grams of sugar a day. You can have no more than 6 servings of carbs a day. A serving of carbs is between 5-20.

Google belly fat cure. You will find a wealth of information. Everything you need is on the internet. Don't buy the book. There is no "magic" in there. Good luck.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:54 AM   #374  

Oh and if you were referring to S/C/G, it's starting weight, current weight, goal weight. Sorry, I just skimmed through your post.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:58 AM   #375  

Karen,
I don't know if you have a Kroger store near you (here in Arizona it's Fry's), but you can find low-carb yogurt that is Kroger brand that is much more belly friendly than go-gurt for the kiddos. I have not been able to find Low-carb yogurt from other brands, so I made a weekly trip to the store just for the yogurt. My husband had gastric bypass surgery last summer and he *lives* on yogurt and cheese! ;-) And, of course, my baby (16 months) lives on it too.
Don't even get me started on how much sugar and processed crap is in school lunches. I feel guilty having my kids eat it!
Good luck w/ your weightloss goals!
Closed Thread