Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 09:34 PM   #286  
Proud Mother of a Marine

Height: 5'4"

Exclamation Hmmmm,not much action on this site???

Still working the program and I'm doing great! I feel so much lighter already, the bloat is going away and I am not hungry at all. I actually have to eat when I'm not so hungry because I know it's important to eat your meals. I'll weigh in, in a couple days.

ANYONE OUT THERE WANT TO POST? HOW ARE YOU ALL DOING?
Old 04-03-2010, 09:23 AM   #287  

VickiK - I'm not surprised you're not hungry. When I started following this I found the same thing. After years of eating junk and wanting to pick at food all the time, I realized that all I was doing was eating because I simply wanted more sugar. Once I got that out of my system the urge to pick or nibble my way through the day went away. I still find that I want a snack late in the afternoon but I usually have a some cheese then though I have retained the worst habit I formed when my girls were little - the bedtime snack. I have tried for years to break this and just cannot seem to do it. It is hard when my husband is sitting there eating chocolate chip cookies (which thankfully I have lost my taste for). Right now I am eating ice cream which is 0/0 but sometimes I have chocolate. I'm not a big fan of dark chocolate so I might have a piece or two of sugar free chocolate - York Peppermint Patties or Andes Mints are good. They count as a carb serving but no sugar.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:38 AM   #288  
Proud Mother of a Marine

Default Thank you LenaPa

I am on day 5 and have already lost 4 lbs. I have never stuck to any diet for more than a day or so because I have HUGE CRAVINGS for sugar. I have not had any cravings lately that were more than just a passing thought. This has been really easy for me to follow, I look up everything before I eat it. The website FatSecret is on my droid-phone and computer so it's easy to look up everything. I hope this is not a passing phase for me. I feel like a recovering alcoholic, that I can now put my weight in the past as long as I persist.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:20 AM   #289  

Hi, everyone. I haven't posted since the day I joined last month because, after checking back for a few days with no new posts, I figured the thread had run its course. Although I'm a little dismayed to see the last post was four days ago.

I'm at 3 1/2 weeks in to the Belly Fat Cure and a few days ago I was down 8 pounds. However, I have been doing very bad with the fiber and water intake so I'm making an effort to do better with that! Mainly because I was back up 3 pounds this morning.

This is the easiest 'diet' I've ever been on. Although like another member who had posted quite a bit here, I'm not following the menus in the book-just making my family meals BFC friendly (i.e. staying in the 15/6 guidelines).

My cravings for sweets has been reduced quite a bit. But not gone entirely. Tomorrow I'm making the ice cream and will keep 1/3 of it vanilla. I want to try another 1/3 as chocolate and the rest as mint chocolate chip...using mint extract in both the ice cream and dark chocolate-along with Stevia in that...I'm not a big fan of that either!

Speaking of the dark chocolate, I started melting mine with a little cream, then adding sweetener and maybe some peanuts and broken pretzels. It's really quite good. And once the ice cream is ready, I'll melt it with some cream, add sweetener and have it over the vanilla. Hopefully that will be good!

For drinks I've fallen back on unsweetened Kool-Aid. I mix it at half the recommended strength and add 8 packets of Stevia. I don't find that it has any aftertaste and it makes a pleasant change of pace from just water. If I'm in the mood for a soda, I add sparkling water or mineral water.

I know this is going to sound disgusting, but I posted the recipe at Jorge's Facebook forum and at least one other woman tried it and said they were great. I substituted pork rind dust (pork rinds ground very finely) for the flour in his brownie recipe. I'll be using about 1/3 the amount of butter called for in the batch I'm making tomorrow but they tasted exactly like brownies. I did use 1 cup of the pork rind dust instead of just half a cup though. I may use a little almond flour, too, so the carb count stays at 0/0. Also, I added walnuts.

That's about all I can think of.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:29 PM   #290  

I'm frustrated with this diet....I've been on it for @2 weeks now and haven't lost a pound. I would like to lose about 5-10 pounds and haven't seen a budge. I am also training for a 5K....I'd think I'd see some progress. Any suggestions?
Old 04-10-2010, 11:51 PM   #291  

S/C/G: 313/277/220

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthevols View Post
I'm frustrated with this diet....I've been on it for @2 weeks now and haven't lost a pound. I would like to lose about 5-10 pounds and haven't seen a budge. I am also training for a 5K....I'd think I'd see some progress. Any suggestions?
DId you take your measurements when you started?? Especially if you are training, you may not see the change on the scale. I have been following the plan for about 6 wks now, and though I have only lost a few lbs, I am down several inches in both my waist and bust area, and feel sooo much more energetic. I previously was on the hcg shots, so this diet is a god send of "real life" eating.

I would also watch the "sugarfree" sweets with artificial sweeteners. I dont crave sweets often now, but find that if I include too much of this stuff, I definitely have a gain.

Good luck to you!!!
Old 04-12-2010, 02:21 PM   #292  

Default Not seeing the scale move ...

I know that not seeing the scale move or move much can be frustrating. I was surprised when I lost only 5 pounds which I thought was not a big deal but I took my measurements again just to see and I had lost 2 inches in my bust, waist and my hips. I also found that giving up all artificial sweetners made a huge difference - hanging on to that one diet soda a day was holding back the weight loss.

I do get bored trying to find things to drink. I'm not a big fan of plain water but most days I drink some. I don't like coffee so I have been trying lots of different teas. If you are willing to order stuff from the internet try stevia spring water flavors from Naturesflavors.com. These are a flavored liquid, sweetened by stevia that you add to water. I don't like it real strong so I add about 1/2 tsp to a liter of water. These come in all kinds of flavors - vanilla, orange, lemon, lime, raspberry, etc. The prices aren't too bad but from when you order, at least to PA, it takes about 2 weeks for the order to reach me. It's still water but tastes different. They make other stuff that you could add to club soda or you could try adding these. I went looking for something when my local store stopped carrying the True Lemon. I also tried the new Crystal Light Pure. I am not sure if this is okay under the plan. The first ingredient is evaporated cane juice but the sweetner is stevia (it doesn't say that it uses the plant name). I tried the lemon/lime and the grape. They taste good.

Jjaye424 - good luck with the ice cream. I haven't made plain vanilla just chocolate. The first time I just substituted chocolate almond milk for vanilla but the second time I added a couple of tbsp of cocoa powder to up the chocolate taste. Mine didn't turn out as creamy as store bought ice cream but tasted good.

Last edited by LenaPa; 04-12-2010 at 02:22 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:47 PM   #293  

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/145

Default First time making the BFC Drink.... Ohh Boy!!

So I have been doing the BFC for about a week and a half now and done pretty well. Lost about 3 pounds last week! I hadn't tried making the BFC drink and thought it might help me out this week since I noticed I wasn't really "regular" like how they mention in the book. Well.... I had glanced at the recipe in the book last night before I went to bed. I woke up this morning and made breakfast and the drink. I was putting in the psyllium husk and thought wow this is really thick and nasty! After trying to choke some of this gelatinous crap down I realized I put 2 TABLESPOONS in not 2 teaspoons!!! Kind of funny but at the same time made me mad that I wasted so much. I had to remake the recipe and it was much more tolerable when I made it the second time! Thought it was too funny to not share!
Old 04-16-2010, 05:12 PM   #294  
mjo

Hey, thanks for this post! I lost about 5 lbs the first week, but then my husband and I went to a friends place where I cheated pretty bad, including quite a bit of alcohol. In that one night I gained 3 lbs back and was pretty upset, but figured it would drop off pretty quick. It's been almost a week since and I have only lost 1 lb, so I was pretty upset because I do LOVE the food on this diet. It is the only diet I have ever tried that leaves me with little to no cravings whatsoever. So thanks for the positive thoughts, I'm gonna stick with it.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:31 AM   #295  

Default Good Weeks and Bad

I haven't made the drink in the book. I like the SoBe Lifewater but don't drink a whole lot of it since it counts as a carb and I would rather eat my carbs than drink them. I have put fiber supplements in other things, like tea.

So far this week, I have lost 3 lbs which is a lot for me in one week. I usually average about 2 a week. I am eating 5-6 servings of carbs which is more than I usually eat though I know that is what the plan says to eat. I found a lunch I really like though I've had it for supper a couple of times too because it is so easy (particularly on those nights when I made stuff for my family that I just didn't want to eat). It is essentially taco salad - one serving of tortilla chips (any kind), about 1/2c of taco meat, 1/4 c of black beans, cheese, lettuce, 2 tbs of salsa and 2 tbs of sour cream. It comes out to about 2/2 depending on your salsa. It is a decent size bowl of food. The beans will increase your fiber intake for the day which I am always looking to do. I made a cake for a class I am taking and made my daughter take it to her friend's last night because I knew if I had to look at it one more day I was going to eat some of it - sugar free chocolate and will power can only do so much with chocolate cake sitting on the kitchen counter (part of the reason why I weighed myself early this week - if I lost weight I was hoping to convince myself to stay away from the cake a little longer).

I hope everyone has a good weekend.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:13 PM   #296  

S/C/G: 183/178/135

Height: 5'6

Just read this whole thread and the diet sounds really do-able for me, I'm going to pick up the book this weekend. I did Atkins for a while and lost 10 lbs but also ended up getting really sick, I need my carbs. Hopefully we can keep this thread going for a long while, love all the tips.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:16 PM   #297  

S/C/G: 183/178/135

Height: 5'6

How come I can't get my weight loss ticker to show up, can someone walk me through it plz?
Old 04-21-2010, 01:10 PM   #298  

Smile Belly fat cure diet progress

It's been a week today and I have lost 4 lbs. I was hoping to loose more this week especially since I really stuck to the program, but this is the first diet I've been on that I didn't feel totally deprived. I ate chips, ice cream, pizza, hamburgers, and popcorn on this diet. Their are downsides though. The one area where I do feel a little deprivation is the restriction from fruit. I love fruit so this will be difficult for me. The other area is the cost. If you do really want to eat just like anyone else (minus the Fruit) then you have to swap ingrediants. This was costly and time consuming. I had to go all over town and I still can't some items. I finally found the ice cream he recommends but they only had small pints and only in two flavors. I looked for it online and saw I could order it and have it shipped. Sweet! I put 4 qts in the cart (my kids like it too) and clicked check out only to promptly remove them after seeing that shipping would be a whopping $35!! Truvia is more expensive than splenda. Sugar free ketchup, preserves, bread, and pasta sauce and much more are expensive than the regular items. The other downside for me was constipation. I ate a lot of cheese on this diet but with the restriction of fruit I had a hard time with constipation, which might actaully explain why I didn't loose as much. Enough said about that. All in all I think the pros outweigh the cons for now. Who wouldn't want to loose 4 lbs in a wk! I'm sticking to it!
Old 04-21-2010, 08:35 PM   #299  

I been on this program for a while. I am not at the point where I am just maintaining. I can sometimes afford to be bad then make it up the next day with a good work out and it seems to even out. I buy only some of the products such as the almond milk, eziekiel bread and truvia. So far so good. I think the continued work outs continue to help. I have cut out beer and sweets all together and started to eat fruit again, mostly strawberries for now. I wish everyone the best.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:58 PM   #300  

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/145

Hey there everyone.... thought I would check in and see how you are doing and let you know whats been going on with me.

CCSMOM ~ Congrats on losing 4 pounds that awesome!! Thats a good loss for one week!

Well I was good the first week and slowly slacked off the second week. I have been journaling so I noticed my carbs were over the 6 servings a day. Sugar was low. But I find when I go over the carbs my loss' stall. I also noticed on the days I did get to 6 servings I was over the 120 bench mark. Kind of starnge. Didn't know if anyone else experienced that. Anyways... I have lost a total of 4 pounds. Not bad considering I'm not following it to a tee. I have been better this week. I'm actually going to try to keep my carbs low. I seem to do best on a more restricted carb diet. I will let you know how that goes after this week.

Keep up the good work everyone!
Closed Thread