Old 07-29-2005, 08:51 AM   #16  

Mix some nutbutter into the oatmeal or scramble up an egg white or two on the side.
mom2w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 11:25 AM   #17  
A Mighty Thump

Height: 5 feet 4 inches!

I bought some of those Morningstar sausage breakfast patties and had one this morning with my cereal, it was really good! Tasted a little like sausage with none of the grease .
LynneA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:17 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 151/142/130

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by haleys View Post
I make a protein shake every morning. I use 1 cup of soy milk, 1 banana (I usually use frozen because I like the cold frothiness better), 1 scoop of protein powder (I use Spirutein Vanilla--14g of protein in one scoop) and a little bit of cinnamon and nutmeg. This more than tides me over for breakfast. If I'm in a rush, I'll just grab a yogurt to eat at work (7g protein). If you don't like hard boiled eggs, what about scrambled or something else? I love having 2 eggs with 1/4 cup of cheese on them, it's very filling!
I Make the same shake, but I use half a frozen banana (banana's are loaded with sugar) and the rest frozen berries (very low in sugar), as well as vanilla greek yogurt (super high in protein). I use almond milk instead of soy milk.
wecandoitladies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:05 AM   #19  

Smoothies for a breakfast in tight morning schedule if rich in protein is a very good form to keep you active throughout the day. They usually contain a combination of nuts, milk and fruits. Other smoothies will include a combination of multi grains, milk and fruits. These drinks are fit for athletes, and help in body and muscle building, enhancing digestion and to maintain moisture content in the body.
PhatBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 09:10 PM   #20  
StrawbAriana

S/C/G: 200/140/120

Height: 5 ft 9 in

Smoked salmon, egg whites and vegetables to your liking would be a good way to start the day (:
strawbariana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 04:05 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 238.5/?/no more scale 4 me!

Height: 5ft 4 (on a good day!)

i am currently obsessed with arnold 100 calorie whole wheat deli thins bread, with peanut butter and a banana for brekkie
bellastarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 10:52 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 209/160/145

Height: 5'1"

Cook mushrooms in a skillet with non-stick spray. Cut up 1 veggie patty, simmer it in a skillet with mushrooms. Add 1/2-3/4 cup egg beaters, and cook it into a flat omelette. Then, add one sliced up wedge of herb flavored laughing cow cheese and fold the omelette over. SO FREAKING GOOD!
doopdoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:58 AM   #23  
Grace

S/C/G: 188/Ticker/154

Height: 5'9

I either have a protein shake or the dukan pancake recipe (so so easy):
http://mydukandiet.com/recipes/oat-bran-pancake.html
Blondie160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 01:48 PM   #24  
I choose me...

S/C/G: HW 265/SW 240/CW ticker/GW 150

Height: 5 Ft 3

I rotate between:

1) Egg white omeletes with mushrooms and low fat cheese (very little)
2) Non-fat cottage cheese with blueberries, strawberries and high protein LEAN Kashi cereal (just a handful mixed in to give it a nice crunch)
3) Oatmeal with protein whey powder mixed in with non-sugar almond milk and blueberries
InsideMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 02:46 PM   #25  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Greek yogurt is high in protein (6 ounces has 100 calories and 18g of carbs).

It does have 7g of sugar (but I've read that some of the sugars in yogurt get destroyed during the fermentation stage, but that they're still listed on the label - so yogurts have fewer digestible carbs than listed on the labels - but I don't know how true that is, or to what extent).

I like to make deviled eggs, enough for two or three days (it's still kind of a boiled egg though).

I also like poaching eggs in a sauce, like tomato or mushroom soup (usually left over) from the day before, or in diced tomatoes (I only ever use petite diced).

Egg drop soup makes a nice, warm breakfast, and is almost no work at all, because you can simmer the broth on a low temperature while you get dressed, and you beat and add the egg right before serving. You can use an asian or amercan style canned chicken broth, or use water and a soup cube.

Instead of beating the egg, you can drop the egg(s) in gently and then turn off the heat, then cover the pan and let it rest on the hot burner until the egg is as cooked as you like it.

Ten minutes or so and the egg will be hard cooked, but if you like your egg soft, it will take a little experimenting to see how long you have to wait - and you may want to take the pan off the hot burner and let it rest on one of the cool burners).

Cold cuts and cheese, are easy. Leftover turkey or chicken (I LOVE rotisserie chickens).

Really any protein you can eat, you can eat for breakfast.

Last edited by kaplods; 11-25-2011 at 02:47 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 02:13 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

If you like oatmeal, you could add a tablespoonful or so of protein powder at the end. How much you add depends on how much oatmeal you're making and how good or bad the protein powder tastes. I make a small bowl of oatmeal (not a big breakfaster) and soy protein isolate is not tasty stuff, so I just add a heaped tablespoon, plus I throw in a chopped date at the start of cooking to mask the slightly odd taste. I've recently discovered that salt, pepper and spices (allspice and mace this morning) work surprisingly well in the mix.

Look up a bunch of recipes for congee too, that makes a good breakfast and there are plenty of ways you can get high-protein foods into it.

Last edited by Esofia; 12-02-2011 at 02:19 PM.
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 10:05 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Greek Yogurt!
seaurchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:22 AM   #28  

Height: 5'3"

I sometimes have one or two turkey sausages depending on thier size. They are lower in fat then the pork sausages and the only ingredients are turkey, salt and pepper. My grocery store makes them right in the store. A large one is 100 grams and I only eat one of those at a time or I have 2 of the smaller link-type sausages.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:20 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

I use many of the above ideas, but I am back to the "losing" phase vs maintenance and I will tell you what I just love:
In the Keurig I brew German Chocolate Coffee (decaf for me), stick in the freezer while I shower and get ready, then I add a chocolate Muscle Milk lite or EAS shake (low carb) and then add 2T of Sugar Free Pepperment Mocha creamer, all over ice with a straw. YUMMY and you can take it with you. Hubby went to an out of town Wal-Mart last night for me, as our Wally and groceries were out of the creamer. He bought the last 6 on the shelf, he said the check-out guy looked at him a little odd. tee hee. So, run out and get some if you like a good Mocha and this one has lots of protein and with the creamer less than 150 cals.

When maintaining I am a big Greek yogurt & frozen cherry fan, stir them together and let them set while I shower and the frozen cherries freeze the yogurt a little for a delightful, creamy, healthy breakfast!
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:41 PM   #30  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

Cottage cheese - you can blend it if you don't like the texture.

Cold cuts like turkey or ham, rolled up with veggies or filling.

A "breakfast salad" with bacon bits or meat bits, hardboiled egg, or homemade liver pate.

Humongous veggie omelets you can make in advance and will last a few days. Toppings like parmesan have a lot of taste with significant protein.
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote