3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Food > Nutrition and Labeling

Soy Milk

Old 05-11-2013, 02:24 PM   #31

S/C/G: 190 / 170 / 145

Height: 5' 8''

I rarely drink soy milk (if ever anymore). I've heard many negative things about it and I mostly stickto coconut milk, almond milk, or hemp milk.
Ahri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:33 PM   #32

S/C/G: tick'

Height: 5'8

I drink plain unsweetened almond milk and love it. I've never been a milk drinker for me entire life. But I've fallen in love with almond milk. I've tried soy and it just wasn't for me.

"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" Phil 4:13
Remington90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:30 AM   #33
Breathing.

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

I absolutely love my organic vanilla soy milk and wouldn't go without it anymore. I have one cup every morning since I cook my oatmeal in it. Also, I use it for smoothies.
I tried Almond Milk twice (unsweetened, vanilla) but it gives me heartburn and also, not enough protein for me.

Mini-Goal #1 - 137 lbs
Mini-Goal #2 - 133 lbs
Mini Goal #3 - 128 lbs
Mini Goal #4 - 123 lbs
Final Goal
- FIT and HAPPY
Hoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:19 AM   #34
Learning to Think Healthy

S/C/G: 195/181/150

Height: 5'5"

I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk for cereal and baking. If I didn't live with my parents now, I would be using soy milk to cook with. I don't mind it myself. They don't like the idea of it though.

Current Goal: Wear Size 10 Pants by September 1st
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:15 AM   #35
Loves cats

S/C/G: 299/250/140

I used to have soy milk for years, then I didn't bother with it for about a year and now I'm back to having it again. These days I also have soy yoghurt as well. I also like almond milk but none of the brands have vitamin B12 added so I don't buy it.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:03 PM   #36
Learning to Think Healthy

S/C/G: 195/181/150

I have mild lactose intolerance (mainly just towards milk or ice cream), so I don't cows milk. As far as milk replacements go, I like almond milk the most due to the flavor and cost. It doesn't contain as much protein as soy milk, but I like the flavor and consistency more. Out of common supermarket brands, I've found that I like Almond Breeze the most.

Current Goal: Wear Size 10 Pants by September 1st
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:56 AM   #37
Loves cats

S/C/G: 299/250/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychic View Post
I have mild lactose intolerance (mainly just towards milk or ice cream), so I don't cows milk. As far as milk replacements go, I like almond milk the most due to the flavor and cost. It doesn't contain as much protein as soy milk, but I like the flavor and consistency more. Out of common supermarket brands, I've found that I like Almond Breeze the most.
Almond milk does taste a lot better than soymilk but where I live it's a lot more expensive!
Old 03-06-2014, 05:09 PM   #38

S/C/G: 216/132/120

Height: 5'9

I drink soy milk all the time because it's the only non-dairy milk that I like the taste of. I don't care if it's potentially dangerous. I just buy organic, Non-GMO stuff and hope for the best. It's gotta be better than drinking from cows, which isn't natural at all.

I've tried coconut and almond milk. I hated almond milk and I'm not surprised since I don't like almonds. The coconut milk I thought I might like since I like coconut in other things, but I didn't like it either. Soy milk is fantastic and tastes like sugary cow's milk to me.
Arwen17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:28 PM   #39

S/C/G: 328-319-170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veela View Post
I just want to point out that most soy and soy milk is not the soy our ancestors were consuming. Nearly every soy bean grown in north and south America is a GMO patent owned by Monsanto. Theses new crops really haven't been around long enough to know the impact they have on our health. There are the concerns about phytoestrogens which I find pretty scary and really don't think children or men should have soy for that reason alone.

Also most non-organic soy is fertilized using bio-solids(processed human waste) (I lived near soy fields in my home town and can assure you that is not a made up fact there is a distinct difference in smell between bio-solid fertilizer and animal fertilizer).

On a broader scale beyond health impact there is also the environmental impact. Soy is one of the most widely grown crops in north and south america and is used in both animal feed and for human consumption. Many areas of South America are using slash and burn agriculture to expand soy fields. I think soy is bad on many levels and really should be avoided.

On a side note I finally convinced my boyfriend to switch to almond milk which he says tastes the same as soy. I also know that by looking at him that making that change alone he has lost at least 5lbs. He also has lost some of the excess weight in he chest. It might be lower in protein but I think it is a much healthier alternative. Almond milk is also super easy to make yourself if you have a blender which can handle it you also know exactly what goes into it that way.
x1000

THIS is one of the biggest reasons I don't consume soy.

"If you only look at what is, you might never attain what could be"
JerseyPAGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.