3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Nutrition and Labeling (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/nutrition-labeling-175/)
-   -   What's the take on nuts? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/nutrition-labeling/245445-whats-take-nuts.html)

brumblebug 10-18-2011 11:28 PM

What's the take on nuts?

I know nuts are good for you in general, but while it's good fat, they still have a lot of oil. Are there any particular nuts that are better than others for snacking?

milmin2043 10-19-2011 12:15 AM

http://www.sixwise.com/newsletters/0...hiest_nuts.htm

Hi,
This link tells you the top 6 healthiest nuts to eat.
Hope it helps.
Rhonda

crimsons 10-19-2011 12:33 AM

Nuts are high in calories but very good for you. They add up SO fast and are easy to pop without thinking! I read somewhere to either count them out for use in a salad or dish, or to divide up into little baggies for a portable snack.

Esofia 10-19-2011 07:39 AM

What Crimsons said. In addition, I'd suggest thinking less about which nuts to eat, since they all have similar nutritional profiles, and more about ways you can use them in your cooking where you are using modest amounts but still appreciating their presence. A sprinkle of pine nuts in a lettuce salad, a few cashews in a stir-fry, a few almonds mixed with raisins for a snack. I'm on a lower calorie diet than practically everyone due to being a short inactive featherweight, and I'm on a low-fat diet due to gallstones, so I don't use nuts very much at the moment. When I do, it's generally something along the lines of putting in 7 almonds (a third of an ounce) in when I'm sautéing a courgette to put on pasta for an evening meal. To my surprise, the almonds show up pretty well even in such small quantities. Most people can eat quite a lot more of them than me, though.

SmooVeshea 01-06-2012 12:33 AM

just dont eat too much of them and youll be fine

einszwei 02-19-2012 10:36 PM

nuts are a superfood and are one of the healthiest foods you can eat. Especially healthy nuts are walnuts.

NerdWellness 07-29-2015 05:12 PM

Nuts are very healhy,eat them but note more then 150 grams a day.
My favourite are almonds.

IanG 07-29-2015 07:17 PM

I don't understand why all these old posts keep coming up but nuts are awesome. I eat unlimited amounts of almonds and walnuts.

PrairieQueen 07-29-2015 07:30 PM

I grow basil and like to make my pesto with walnuts usually. Today, I splurged and bought macadamia nuts (more expensive than good steak) and will use them in my pesto.

CheesecakeBrownie 08-04-2015 01:57 PM

I've been having a handfull of cashews every day for three weeks now... it really satisfies my snacky craving and it has not stalled my weight loss at all,

I've been steadily losing the same amount eating them as when I didn't.

mynameisyes 01-04-2017 11:49 AM

I'd only eat a sprinkling or small portion of nuts to garnish something for their nutritional benefit, I'd never view them as a snack on their own because when I'm hungry I tend to take bigger handfuls or over eat nuts.

Munchy 01-04-2017 12:21 PM

I weigh and log my nuts without any issues, just like with any other food.

Mossy 01-07-2017 06:28 PM

Dr. Oz eats a handful of nuts rather than sugar. He said so, this week. Nuts curb his cravings for sweets. Measure your nuts and enjoy them. Nuts are far better than dingdongs, twizzlers and snowballs.

yoyoma 01-08-2017 04:42 PM

I eat a weighed out half ounce of mixed roasted nuts immediately after eating dinner (and before finishing off with 2 squares of dark chocolate with a decaf latte).

It really helps me feel satisfied with the meal. I only eat 1 meal a day and no snacks so any snacky food I want to eat becomes part of my meal.

Wannabehealthy 01-09-2017 09:30 AM

I buy my nuts in the baking aisle so they are not salted. The salt is not good for you. Makes you retain water, and causes some people over eat on them. I eat 5 walnut halves per day, for the healthy fat. Good for the heart.