3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Nutrition and Labeling (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/nutrition-labeling-175/)
-   -   Anyone else not hungry? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/nutrition-labeling/199368-anyone-else-not-hungry.html)

change 04-14-2010 12:43 PM

Anyone else not hungry?

Since I have seriously started watching what I eat and exercising (since St. Patrick's Day), I have been feeling GREAT. I haven't been sluggish or tired or anything and I simply feel GREAT. However, it is past lunch time and I have oatmeal here ready to eat, but I have simply not been hungry for the past week or so. I almost have to force myself to eat to make sure I get the calories to not derail my efforts. Does anyone else have/had this problem. --Ok I am going to eat the oatmeal now.

chickiegirl 04-14-2010 01:03 PM

Sometimes I do, but to be honest, I force myself to eat anyway, within reason. I know there are some who may disagree but I find it will creep up on me in another way if I don't get those calories in - I'll feel weaker or could get very hungry later.

I think when we go through such huge diet changes it takes our bodies a while to adjust. I'm figuring that eventually it will just flatline as "normal" eating and it'll all balance out.

bronzeager 04-14-2010 01:37 PM

It took me a long time, the first month I had terrible cravings especially in the evenings. I think it was partly my body adjusting, partly learning to combine protein and bulky veggies properly so I felt full.

And also I think I learned to pay attention to when I really was hungry, which is the most surprising change to me. So yes, there are some days when I really don't feel hungry for dinner at the end of the day, especially if I've had a big lunch or afternoon snack with a lot of protein like yogurt. And then I actually DON'T EAT. I would never have believed that three or four months ago.

Also, I went out for dinner last night and had french fries and half a hamburger, which I haven't had in months, and OMG I think it did something to my, erm, digestion. Which hasn't been affected by 35g of fiber every day, but somehow has been by some buttered grilled burger and fries. I ate the second half of the hamburger for dinner today ... it was good and I didn't want to waste it. I hope it wasn't a mistake though.

baseter 05-24-2010 09:42 AM

Keep it up! This is the great thing of being on diet: even if you lose only several lbs you will start feeling great. The problem is to start.

motivated chickie 05-24-2010 09:57 AM

In the beginning, I wasn't hungry at all. I think it had something to do with adjusting to new foods or something. I wasn't all that excited about eating veggies initially (now I love them). Now, I become positively starving if I delay a meal too long. It's a good feeling to be hungry now because in the old days I'd eat because my brain was hungry, not my body.