Rate my recipe? Stirfry

• I love to make stirfries!

Ingredients:
    Bag of steam in bag stir fry veggies, the one I used has broccoli, carrot, snow peas, purple cabbage, and something else but i forgot)
    2 chicken breasts
    One thin pat of butter for the chicken
    A whole onion
    small container of pineapple cubes in own juice ( i dump the juice)
    Package of Uncle Bens microwavable brown rice

And I used a Korean teriyaki sauce (house of tsang) that I purchase at Jewel. It was the only one that did not have HFCS. I used about half the bottle, was planning on using a third but I didn't realize until I was done. I am going to cut back to a third of a bottle. 35 calories a serving. 17 servings. That's 300 calories for half the bottle.

I think this recipe serves two. I ate half for lunch today, ate a an apple with a tablespoon of peanut butter, and will eat the second half for dinner.

How is this nutrition wise? What's good, what's bad? I am trying to cook for myself instead of going out and this is something that's pretty easy for me to make and not that expensive.

Any suggestions? Other ingredients? A different sauce?

Thanks chicks!
  • Sounds yummy

I would make a couple of changes, olive oil for the butter, and I'd cook up some brown rice and freeze it to use with the stirfry.

The frozen vegetables are as good for you as fresh
    and you're right to be very careful with the sauce, it's so easy to use too much.
  • That does sound really good... I've been craving stri-fry for some reason. Guess because I cant have my sweet n sour chicken anymore hehe. I'm gonna have to try that myself!
  • I really like it. You can add more chicken if you want. The amount of vegetables is huge (good for those who NEED volume to make them feel fuller). Personally, I like it vegetarian style as well.