3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Nutrition and Labeling (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/nutrition-labeling-175/)
-   -   One-A-Day WeightSmart?? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/nutrition-labeling/144536-one-day-weightsmart.html)

princess4life 06-22-2008 02:41 PM

One-A-Day WeightSmart??

I am new to this website and this is my first post!! I would like to know if anyone has tried One-A-Day weight smart multivitamin?? I would love to hear your opinion if you have :?:

Farseashore 06-22-2008 04:21 PM

I've been taking One-A-Day Weight Smart (and sometimes the generic versions, like at Wal Mart) for a few years. Can't say it ever actually helped with weight loss though, as I certainly gained while taking it, lol.

AngieH75 06-23-2008 07:36 AM

I actually had to stop taking it because the amount of zinc in it made me sick every time I would take it.

QuilterInVA 06-27-2008 11:35 AM

Didn't do anything extra for me so I went back to the store brand of regular vitamins.

kaplods 06-27-2008 10:16 PM

I buy the Walmart version (comparing ingredients Walmart is usually very close or identical to One a Day products). I don't think it does anything noticeable, and the ingredients are nearly the same as in a "regular" daily mulit-vitamin anyway, just a few differences. I would probably switch back to the regular, if the regular where much cheaper, but at Walmart the prices are fairly close.

Jane 06-28-2008 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuilterInVA (Post 2244587)
Didn't do anything extra for me so I went back to the store brand of regular vitamins.

Same here.

ddc 07-03-2008 11:07 PM

There was just an article in Nutrition Action Newsletter last month that said all of the different One-a-Day versions didn't really do anything like they claim. There's one for breast health, prostate health, the weight one, etc.

Zima 07-11-2008 11:57 AM

I find that it gives me just a little boost of energy, so I usually take it like a half hour before going to the gym.

Insatiable 07-11-2008 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuilterInVA (Post 2244587)

I will have to give this a plus 1 :(

betsysunqueen 07-11-2008 09:18 PM

I took an earlier version of this (before they put the green tea extract in) and lost weight--however, I was also eating on plan and running about six miles a day, so I think that had more to do with it. At some point they changed the formula to add green tea extracts and I noticed that I was getting really nauseated after taking it. I read online that others had the same experience, so I switched to a non-weight support vitamin. My weight loss continued at exactly the same rate. I think the "weight support" vitamins are a way to sell vitamins.

princess4life 07-19-2008 01:38 AM

maybe regular vitamins are better! thank you all for your responses!!