S/C/G: 365/278/150

Height: 5'7

Love ruby red grapefruits! Ahh.. I haven't had 'em in so long, though
Judith6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 05:46 AM   #17  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Love love love grapefruit! When I was little, I ate it with sugar but now I rarely do that. My sister can't understand how I can stand it!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 12:16 AM   #18  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I used to eat them like an orange, but without the membranes. I would just suck the meat out & throw the membranes away. I wonder if they are as healthy that way?

Haven't eaten one in almost 3 years due to the clinical trial I am doing but come January you bet your sweet bippy I will be having some.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 11:41 PM   #19  
Got back on the wagon

S/C/G: 180/165/130some

Height: 5'7''

I like grapefruit, until that aftertaste comes.
fuzzysockpuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 03:19 PM   #20  

Height: 5.6

I have never been a huge fan of grapefruit - but every once in a while I will get one and put in a smoothie - to disguise the aftertaste....... But after hearing all the good it can do - I think I will start doing that at least once a week.........
Penney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 07:56 PM   #21  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I love pink grapefuit, but take cholesterol meds (and bc). My husband was paranoid that I would occasionally have a Fresca, or diet Squirt so I asked the pharmacist, and he told me that the grapefruit juice in sodas were minimal, so I didn't have to worry about those, and that I could have grapefruit juice or fruit about once a week, especialy if I time it away from my pills.

This was working fine, but I really only had grapefruit about twice since getting this advice, and then I read a couple articles that said while the risk was very low, smaller amounts of grapefuit than generally was proclaimed safe can cause the interaction, and there was no known "safe amount" for grapefruit. This really bummed me out. But, at it the most, I would eat grapefruit less than twice a month, so I guess I'm not missing nearly as much as I think I am. I don't really think about it much, unless I see the grapefruit in the store, and I guess just not being able to have it makes it look so much more appealing.

Last edited by kaplods; 06-08-2008 at 07:56 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 08:17 PM   #22  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

Mmmmm I love grapefruit - especially pink grapefruit. We have a tree in our yard and when they're in season, we really enjoy them. We either peel them and section them or cut off the peel and chunk them up.
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 08:35 PM   #23  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I love Ugli (pronounced ugly) fruit too. A cross between a tangerine and a grapefruit, they taste like lemonade, but they're often $2 or more for one. I read that some citrus besides grapefruit does contain the substance that interacts with the meds, but the article writer was uncertain whether they contained enough to trigger the reaction. Pommelos and seville oranges, I think. I'd suspect the Ugli and Uniqu fruits too (brand names by the guy that created the hybrids).

If you've never had an Ugli fruit, I'd really recommend trying one, even if you have to shell out $2. They're best peeled like an orange (the ugly green wrinkly peel comes off easily like a tangerine's).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote