Old 04-15-2007, 01:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Default A restaurant to stay away from: Cheeburger Cheeburger

I guess with a name like that, it was a no-brainer. But, the kids wanted to try it, so I checked it out online and found out they did in fact offer some salads you could build yourself, as well as a grilled chicken sandwich. Everything was fine, my sandwich was great & well prepared to my requests. But I was so saddened to notice 2 boards when I entered the restaurant. 1, for kids who consumed the 1/2 lb burger and another for adults who consumed the one pound. Yes folks, achieve either of these feats depending on your age group, and get your photo taken with the giant stuffed cheeburger and posted on the board for all to see. I was like in shock, thinking, "doesn't anyone else see anything WRONG with this???" I mean, adults, knock yourself out. But kids?? Come on guys, leave the poor kids alone. Sheesh. And yes, about 90% of the people in the restaurant were obese. Not that it's not a good place to go - my food was fine, but I just think it could be too tempting for anyone trying to stick to healthy eating. The kids hated it, so we won't be back ourselves.

Last edited by sportmom; 04-15-2007 at 01:22 AM. Reason: Realize this might not be the right forum, but couldn't figure out a better place. Pls move if needed.
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 09:17 AM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I've never been to cheeburger cheeburger or the other popular hamburger place here in the DC metro area(can't remember the name). Sometimes DH will go out to lunch with his coworkers and they'll want cheeburger cheeburger or the other place. He tells me that he needs to get a junior burger because they are so large. His coworkers though have no problem with the large burgers.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 10:30 AM   #3  
Mel

We have a Cheeburger Cheeburger here that opened a few years ago in the same stip mall as the gym where I used to work. Ironically, the gym went out of business and the Cheeburger remains open with long lines on Friday and Saturdays, and does a brisk lunch time business. The picture board is a sad testament to gluttony. My son's picture is there- but to his credit, he say he wil NEVER order that size again. He was in pain for a day!

They do have good salads, but beware the grilled chicken sandwich- the bread is FRiED!

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 09:58 PM   #4  

Yeah Mel, I had the Kaiser roll and as far as I can tell, it wasn't grilled. But I sure could tell there were some grilled chicken BREAD sandwiches and portobello sandwiches (the healthy option, per the menu), that I could just tell by looking at them from a table away, the way they were shiny and glistening, that they had been buttered and toasted.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:25 PM   #5  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I have never heard of Cheeburger Cheeburger, but all these HUGE burger places drive me abit batty trying to find good options--Fuddrucker's is the one closest to us (I'm guessing it's along the same lines).

Lucky for you your kids didn't like it--and lucky for me I don't have kids yet
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 10:38 PM   #6  
Just Me

I think Fuddrucker's is probably a few steps above Cheeburger Cheeburger but I could be wrong. I've never been to either so I'm not sure but that is my take from what I've heard. I'd say Cheeburger Cheeburger is one step below Five Guys (which was the DC metro place I was thinking of but couldn't name!) or at least that was what DH basically told me. He's been to both and I haven't been to either so again its hearsay
Old 04-16-2007, 10:07 AM   #7  

Fudd's is about on the same par with Chee unfortunately. I had to eat at one in Chinatown in downtown DC on a biz trip, and also a challenge to find healthy choices. Basically a grilled chick breast is your only workable option. Kinda like, offering salads cuz they have to, but you'd never choose to go there for the salads, kwim?

Now, Atlanta Bread Company is another story entirely. A new one just opened near us. I was used to them from Atl and PA, but they were pretty much soup and sandwich places. The one near us offers cooked breakfasts, pasta, pizza, etc. I'm looking forward to spending more time there.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:50 AM   #8  
Just Me

Fran! where ? Where?! I love ABC. I had DH drive me to one in Greenbelt(?) I think there is one opening up in Columbia so I'll need DH to take me there as well Now I also need one to open up along 66 in VA so that when we go visit the ILs, we'll have a good place to eat. They are so much better than Panera.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:37 PM   #9  
it's always something

Eww, my chest hurts just reading their menu.

How come no one ever challenges us to eat a pound of veggies?
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 10:57 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 156/154/135

I've been to the original Billy Goat in Chicago that the John Belushi SNL "Cheeburger Cheeburger" skit was based on. I am no foe of fat but whoa! If this restuarant is anything like the original- run! I ordered the smallest burger- with cheese, of course- and thought my gall bladder had gone on strike!

What are the good choices at Atlanta Bread Co? We have one but I have never given it a try.
Lafayette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 11:04 PM   #11  
Just Me

My favorite sandwiches at ABC are actually their most simple sandwiches. I love their thick sliced bread. Their bread is awesome and you can't have a good sandwich without good bread
Old 04-18-2007, 11:15 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Holy ****, do I agree with you. i used to live in maryland and it was right next to where i worked... i'd order from there sometimes, and i could just feel the grease going through my body... I'm convinced that place is twice as bad as mcdonalds, and that picture thing turned me off big time.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 03:43 PM   #13  
it's always something

The only place I eat sandwiches is Panera Bread, and I always order the same thing. Half a Mediterranean veggie sandwich on whole grain, with a cup of vegetable soup or other soup that is vegetarian and low calorie. It's very satisfying
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 05:42 PM   #14  

It IS the columbia one nelie! Maybe I'll see you there sometime. The kids actually DO like that place. We went last Sunday nite when it was cold and rainy and that fireplace made me feel like I was in Aspen. Very nice environs there.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:16 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 156/154/135

Sounds like they're creating a "comfort food" environment! It just made me think of restaurants I like for the ambience more than the food... McDonald's is NOT one of them!
Lafayette is offline   Reply With Quote