3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Momentum / Flex (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/momentum-flex-222/)
-   -   Points "ranges" versus set number....confused (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/momentum-flex/274776-points-ranges-versus-set-number-confused.html)

GinnyCarinhas 02-01-2013 08:46 AM

Points "ranges" versus set number....confused

I've read the sticky about the difference in old plans. I wish I would have kept my materials from the 90's when WW was 123 success. Isn't 123 success the program that we had ranges of daily points, and we could bank points to be used once during the week? Here's the ranges I found on a post about WW from starling fitness:

How many Points you are allowed each day depends on your weight. Here is what is listed in the patents:

Less than 150 pounds = 18-25 Points
150 to 174 pounds = 20-27 Points
175 to 199 pounds = 22-29 Points
200 to 224 pounds = 24-31 Points
225 to 250 pounds = 26-33 Points
Over 250 pounds = 28-35 Points

This differs in the patent versus the amount that they give us in the class. There is an intricate Flex Point System that can be tailored to your needs with the help of your leader. The way it works in the class:

Less than 150 pounds = 20 Points
150 to 174 pounds = 22 Points
175 to 199 pounds = 24 Points
200 to 224 pounds = 26 Points
225 to 250 pounds = 28 Points
250 to 275 pounds = 30 Points
275 to 300 pounds = 31 Points
300 to 325 pounds = 32 Points
325 to 350 pounds = 33 Points
Over 350 pounds = 34 Points

You are allowed a total of 35 Flex Points that can be used in whatever quantity you desire each week. The two methods are essentially the same except that the new Flex Points program allows you 7 more Points a week. I personally preferred the previous system where you Bank Points to save for special occasions.

So this is posted on the site, Starling fitness, and my questions are, if I do the old program with the ranges, I bank points right? not use the flexpoints? and also, are the points values for foods the same in these two programs??? Points values didn't change until the "points plus" program came along correct?

Jennifer 3FC 02-13-2013 08:40 AM

I'm confused about which program you are referring to in the second example. It's not easy to start an old program. In my opinion, unless you have all of the original materials with you, including the calculator and individual food points, you are better doing the new program. You only have part of the information, and there's a possibility you will either gain weight or starve. :)
Many foods in the grocery stores have Points Plus values on them, which are not the same as the old program, plus all current recipes that are being shared and released are calculated on the new program. You're just setting yourself up for a hard time unless you have all the material and tools.

cloudwatcher 02-20-2014 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GinnyCarinhas (Post 4616567)
So this is posted on the site, Starling fitness, and my questions are, if I do the old program with the ranges, I bank points right? not use the flexpoints? and also, are the points values for foods the same in these two programs??? Points values didn't change until the "points plus" program came along correct?

I'm brand new here (just joined!), but hopefully I can help answer your questions from the info I have. Yes, the 1-2-3 Success (and Winning Points, which came after...and the one I'm currently following) has the points ranges and allow you to "bank" unused points. The Points values in foods for 1-2-3 Success, Winning Points, and FlexPoints are all the same. Things changed in value when PointsPlus came along.

There's a lot more info regarding the 1-2-3 Success program over on the forums at dwlz.com, so you might want to check that out (it's in one of the forums on WW General Info & Points Plans--Old WW Programs).

Hope this helps!

doublehmom 09-26-2014 08:53 PM

You have probably found what you are looking for but I have the complete winning points kit. The point totals are a little different than what u posted.

Less than 150. 18-23
150 to 174. 20-25
175-199. 22-27
200-224. 24-29

This is what it says about banking pts.

-calculate number of points you used for day
-subtract that number from the top of daily points range and add to your bank
-banked pts come in handy for special occasions, limit yourself to using no more than 10 banked points per day
- banked pts should be used in the week they are earned