Old 05-17-2012, 11:49 AM   #1  

Default Flex Plan App?

Hello I'm new here and I'm new to WW. I'm doing the Flex Plan because I have found alot of information on it and I can do it at home. I was wondering does anyone know of an app that you can use to calculate the points and also track them on a daily and weekly basis? Just trying to figure everything out and make this easy as can be. I'm looking to lose about 40 pounds. TIA!
Kallie724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/168/150

Height: 5'8

I don't think you will find an app that supports flex. WW apps are fairly new and only support points plus.You might be able to find the old calculator on ebay or something.
fitbyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:58 PM   #3  

Default Flex Plan App

I've gone back to Flex/Momentum recently and looked for an app. I just started using Weight Watchers Diary version 5.0.2 for Android. I believe it's free--otherwise very low cost. You can customize it for Flex/Momentum or for the current WW program. Check You Tube to learn about features. There is another one available as well called I Track Bites, I believe. I didn't think it was as user friendly.

I also like a program called WW Restaurants. it has flex/momentum points as well as those for the current program.

Good luck! It's a great, "flexible" program!

Pam
jesuiscontente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:15 PM   #4  
Raw Ramp

S/C/G: 205/164/150

Height: 5'10"

I use the Ultimate Weight Watcher diary for android. I think it was in the $5 range. It features "extra boost" which makes the plan act like the old plan instead of PointsPlus. Basically, it calculates your points as usual and then subtracts a certain amount of points to allow for "zero point" items like fruit and veggies.

It also has a weight and measurement function to track inches and weight lost...and you can set goals and see how many weeks you are from hitting your goal based on past weight loss. I couldn't recommend this app more!
redvelouria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:24 PM   #5  
Laura

Location: The beautiful Pacific Northwest! Tacoma, Washington

S/C/G: 330/268/150

Height: 5'7"

Lightbulb I have a good app that was free!

It's on the google play android market. It's called WWPP calculator and tracker. The graphic for it is light blue and has a picture of a calculator on it. I like it because I can track my points throughout the day in addition to just calculating the values of foods. And best of all even though it has PP in the name it allows you to choose between points plus or the older version which is what I use. I am not a PP fan at all. The only downside is it doesn't track on a weekly basis. You will reset each day. But that's ok with me. I like a clean slate each morning. Good luck and welcome to 3FC!

1 for each 5 lbs lost
Yay me! 10 pounds down in 22 days!
Chubbygirl253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:47 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 158.8/158.8/128.8

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallie724 View Post
Hello I'm new here and I'm new to WW. I'm doing the Flex Plan because I have found alot of information on it and I can do it at home. I was wondering does anyone know of an app that you can use to calculate the points and also track them on a daily and weekly basis? Just trying to figure everything out and make this easy as can be. I'm looking to lose about 40 pounds. TIA!
I too am looking to lose 40 lbs and plan to do it with the flex plan. I downloaded an app from itunes called iwatchr. It lets me keep track of my food, points and it calculate points.
outofideazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:53 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 187.4/176.8/155

Height: 5'7.5"

Cool Non-WW Apps exist...

There are a couple of apps I have found for my iPhone.

None are WW-supported, so there is a bit of risk with that.

I have been trying iTrackBites the past week, and so far like it. It is a little herky-jerky as far as apps, and needs a little more polish, but the functionality is "basically" good. If you're not afraid to poke around a little you'll do fine. It will support either Momentum/Flex or PointsPlus. It can calculate how many points you should have with either plan to start, and as you lose. The app was 2 or 3 bucks, but I don't feel burned by the purchase. It *will* dip you below 29 PointsPlus values, which is technically non-WW approved, but personally I am ok with that. So far I'm pleased.

Previously - 2 years ago - I was using iTracker. It needs an update, as when I update my daily points in settings, my log doesn't change how many are available. Maybe they'll update it in the future, it was a great app. It was either free or a dollar, if I remember.

I am a WW lifer, and had my LO right when WW was rolling over to PP. (Just to let you know where I'm coming from.)
Becky Quilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:27 PM   #8  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

you can actually go down to 26 pp now.
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:38 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 313/215/175

Height: 5'7"

I have several apps for points plus on my android (samsung galaxy note) phone. I typed in weights watchers flexpoints on google play. One of the apps gives me the entire FP food list. the other is a points calculator that can be used for FP or PP
GinnyCarinhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:17 PM   #10  

Height: 5'5"

I use this iphone app: http://www.shroomies.com/nutrition_menu/ It does allow you to use Flex points. You can choose to track old points, new points, calories, carbs or whatever. I'm, of course, doing momentum/flex, and the app makes it very easy. It has a food calculator, general food points list, extensive restaurant listings, activities (you can add custom ones), a favorites list (I love that!) and a place to track weight. It's a great little app.

The only thing it doesn't have a way to figure out how many points you should be eating in the first place. I found a website for that (there are several online), and I manually entered it in the app, so that's what it tracks.

Last edited by sagebrush; 03-11-2013 at 01:20 PM.
sagebrush is offline   Reply With Quote