Old 05-06-2012, 06:37 PM   #1  

Question Hi, can someone please help me?

I have been following WW strictly and lieniently for a few months. I had a gain of 1 lb this week which I believe is due to some fluid retention only because I was 10 points under my daily points total for the week and I didn't use any of the flex points so there is no way I actually gained a real lb. But I do have to ask something, I have a foods list that is pretty much a general concensus of common foods that people eat and the servings and the points value, but i was previously told that my values are considerably different from the values from others. For example I used a points calculator to figure out the points value of the Sara Lee 45 calorie and Delightful whole wheat bread. 90 calories a serving (2 slices), 1.5 g fat, 4 g fiber. I plugged in the info and got 1 pt for a serving. I used 2 different calculators! But another member told me that that was wrong, that I was supposed to count it as 2 pts because if I did 1 slice each, they would be 1 pt each. I'm so confused.
Does anyone have an accurate, reliable list of common foods I can use and the link to an equally accurate and reliable calculator since mine is wrong.
Not to lament endlessly, but I was eating these new thin bagels, they are like 110 calories, 1 g fat or so, with like 5 g fiber, whole wheat and I got 1 pt for a bagel. I was told that was not possible. Should I just silence these ofther voices or am I seriously doing this all wrong? Thank you for all your replies to my current dilema. and I look forward to anyone who has a great foods list.
Selena125t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/168/150

Height: 5'8

If you are following the flex plan and entering the food into the calculator then it is probably right.Under the new plan it would be wrong because points are calculated differently.Since you aren't doing points plus don't worry about it.
fitbyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:19 AM   #3  

Thanks for respoding so quickly! I have another couple of questions if you don't mind.... is it worse on your results if you overestimate the points value than it is if you know it exactly. I keep hearing that you should eat all or close to your daily points each day to see results, but lets say you overestimate a few things everyday and by the end of the day you might be off by 5 pts or more, are you hurting yourself in the long run because you aren't eating all of your points?
Old 05-07-2012, 12:16 PM   #4  

Sorry to keep posting and nagging, but does anyone eat greek yogurt? Do you eat the plain or do you buy it flavored? I happen to have a bit of an addiction to greek yogurt and I like to eat it as a snack, but I'm worried that the flavored yogurt could be sabatoging me, as long as I correctly count the points for it, I should be fine right?
Old 05-08-2012, 10:06 PM   #5  

Thank you for your answers hopscotchgirly I really appreciate it! I feel better now knowing that someone else has experienced or is experiencing some of the "snags" I am running into.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:21 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 198.2/183.8/148

Height: 5 feet

Figuring points and calories is not an exact science. Besides, how we burn calories also varies depending on what we are doing, the temperature, etc. When I was in DC, we had a phrase: "Good enough for government work." What this meant was you did a good enough job to satisfy the requirements, but did not overexert effort or waste resources trying for "perfect." I think this applies to our weightloss efforts also. It is not the extra points of protein or fruit that is going to do you in, it is those extra cookies! So try and be strict when figuring out the points for sweets etc that are not "necessary" and don't sweat as much the points for things that are good for you.

My opinion, anyway.
madamwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:16 PM   #7  

Thank you that makes sense and makes me relax more. I guess I'm just hoping that I don't see a gain every week i step on the scale when I trying my best to make sure I follow the plan.