For us Momentum users!!

You're on Page 5 of 23
Go to
  • Congrats Amandie!! As long as the scale keeps moving downward and you feel great, that's all that counts.
  • Thanks girls! I sure am sore after yesterday's 1 hour elliptical plus squatting a lot when I had to get all the leaves out of the pool. I'm definitely doing something else- probably Wii Active or one of my beachbody videos.

Momentum rocks! <3
  • Hey! Hey!

I lost 2.6lbs this week! Really glad I made the decision to switch back.
  • Way to go, Kim!
  • Congrats Kim ! 2.6 lbs - fantastic !
  • hey everyone- i hope you all dont mind if i jump in here and "visit" to ask a question. i joined ww in late august, but got more hard core about it november. i found myself losing on momentum, and i'm still losing nicely on pointsplus. i haven't necessarily been eating differently after the program switch, still eating the same things (just adjusting the old points to pointsplus), making my points target (sometimes i don't eat all of my daily points, like 2-3 leftover), and if i eat frozen veggies (like green giant with some kind of sauce, or trader joes stir fry mix) i do count the points for it, because i know its not really "free"-does that make sense? i guess i'm still accounting for calories in veggies, and when i eat bananas or more "heavy" fruit, i leave a point or two on purpose, because i know i ate it.
    i guess i'm wondering where/or what you think the difference for you guys is in the plans? i'm very intrigued by this thread

and great progress!!!
  • Hey everyone...
    I weigh in tomorrow at home. fridays are my official weight in days. so far i've lost 2.8 this week, so I am thrilled. I usually lose a bit over a lb to maybe a lb and 1/2. I didn't use any flex pts this week.
    fillupthesky-I am not quite sure. Honestly I like the wiggle room that momentum gives me regarding food choices. I prefer to get in my good healthy guidelines and eat really healthy, but there are times I just want a coca cola or some ramen noodles, and some cookies for dessert (this is an example...hah), without using my flex pts and that's just how it is. I also like to have a few beers on a weekend day and they DOUBLED in pts. I have to do what works for me. I like pts plus, but I just prefer momentum. I feel like the choice should be mine whether I want to reach for a banana or a 100 calorie pack. I am more likely to choose the banana , but like I said I want the choice to be mine.
  • Quote: Hi everyone

Amandie, congrats on the .8 down - anything down on the scale is worth about !

I've been sticking to my points since Saturday and am feeling good! Working out with enthusiasm again, now that the 'Points Plus Cloud' has lifted - LOL!

I think it was you Jess, who mentioned you just feel more in control on Momentum. I feel the same, even though I have less points to work with, it seems easier to manage. Those 'free' fruits were causing me concern - if you add up the extra calories, they ain't free !

Happy tracking everyone and yes, you may say how much you love Momentum, Jess ! We ♥♥♥ Momentum !
    yep it was me who said I feel more in control and while typing a response on another thread I think I realized why.
    I think it's because pts values are similar. As in...an arnold thin is low in pts like an orange is...(for example) and on points plus I felt kind of stuck. I really wanted to choose healthier food, but I was depriving myself of some of the things I love. Like, beer (I only drink 4 per week), cookies, pizza, ect And that's not what I want to do. I want to eat anything I want in moderation. I didn't feel like the choice was mine on pp and I think that's why i felt a bit out of control...on the verge of a binge at any moment (and DID binge). Maybe it's mind over matter here, but I prefer choosing whether I want this or that.
  • Quote: Hey everyone...
    I weigh in tomorrow at home. fridays are my official weight in days. so far i've lost 2.8 this week, so I am thrilled. I usually lose a bit over a lb to maybe a lb and 1/2. I didn't use any flex pts this week.
    awesome!!

I had to weigh my dumbbells and ankle weights to see what they were and um.. I sneaked in a weigh-in... 220.2lbs! Oh man, I am hoping so badly that I weigh in at 220 or less on Tuesday- official weigh-in day.
  • Quote: Hey everyone...
    fillupthesky-I am not quite sure. Honestly I like the wiggle room that momentum gives me regarding food choices. I prefer to get in my good healthy guidelines and eat really healthy, but there are times I just want a coca cola or some ramen noodles, and some cookies for dessert (this is an example...hah), without using my flex pts and that's just how it is. I also like to have a few beers on a weekend day and they DOUBLED in pts. I have to do what works for me. I like pts plus, but I just prefer momentum. I feel like the choice should be mine whether I want to reach for a banana or a 100 calorie pack. I am more likely to choose the banana , but like I said I want the choice to be mine.
    ok cool. thanks for sharing
    i definitely make room for my indulgences- i still buy my 100 cal packs (the mr salty choc covered pretzels are my fave!) and make room for it. i still have enough daily points to do that though. i won't have that wiggleroom as i drop weight and points- i'll prolly feel differently when i only have 29 pointsplus though...lol. thanks again everyone- have a great weekend!
  • Hi all!
    Hope you don't mind if I jump in too. I have been doing ww off and on for 3 years and just recently have come back. I do flex which I know is similar to momentum. So far I have lost 4lbs and my next weigh in is tomorrow and I actually feel like I have lost some weight this week vs the past two.
    My challenge now is to control my eve snacking and find some opportunities to exercise. When does a working full time mom with and 11 and 18 year old find time to fit in exercise? I am up at 5 leave my home by 5:30 return home approx 5:30-6:00 there is dinner to fix, blah blah you know and dead and in bed by 10:00...help me
  • Good to see this thread. I have been thinking of switching back to the momentum plan as well. I lost 25 pounds on the program, and then the new points plus came into play and I just stopped tracking altogether. I found the whole thing confused me.

I liked that the momentum gave me more choices and I have just started going back to the momentum program this week. I will weigh in this Thursday and see if it makes much of a difference.

I'm exercising 4-5 times a week, and will keep that up. Sometimes I ate all my fp and other times I didn't. Wish me luck!

Great job everyone else for sticking to what works for you and seeing results.
  • Hi Everyone!!

This week I lost 2.6lbs and I'm really hoping for another nice loss Wednesday morning. I've been sick along with my 3 kiddos so I haven't exercised in 2 days. I was going to head out today for a 3-5 mile walk/jog but my chest hurts so bad I don't even think I could manage to walk even 1 single mile.

Hope everyone had an awesome weekend!
  • Hello, Nancy!!! Welcome! Congrats on your 4lb loss!

Jojo- 25lbs is awesome! GL on your weigh-in this Thursday!

2.6lbs is wonderful, Kim!!!! Hope you and the kiddos get better soon.

Today was a rest day for me from exercise- my lower back and right side has been bothering me a little even with some generic icyhot and ibuprofen.

I am SO stuffed from tonight's dinner- I made spinach/cheese raviolis with tomato pasta sauce and (my first time making these) cauliflower "breadsticks." The "breadsticks" tasted good but was floppy and stuck to the pan like crazy even with a well oiled cookie sheet. Ah *shrugs*
  • Whoo!!! Down to 3.2lbs- 219.2! That also means I go down to 28 points per day. Soooo happy!