3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Momentum / Flex (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/momentum-flex-222/)
-   -   attending first meeting today.... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/momentum-flex/217509-attending-first-meeting-today.html)

spryng 11-16-2010 05:12 AM

attending first meeting today....

what should I expect?? Says to arrive 30 min early and the first week is 39 dollars and subsequent weeks are 12 bucks after that. What does that 39 include? Will I still need to bring money for books etc and what about a points slider or calculator? will I get one or need to buy one etc? any advice on how tomorrow will go will be appreciated. I am not new to weight watchers, I did this plan 6 years ago and lost 70 lbs doing it at home, alone but now that I live near a meeting I want to join a group so I don't feel so alone, so I'm ready to start again! I don't have any new books etc,I have the 2009 kit but nothing newer so I'm sure I'll need some new stuff.. anyway, I'm looking forward to hearing what you have to say, thanks!

candyjunkie 11-16-2010 07:14 AM

Wow, are you sure you heard that right? $39 is what a monthly pass would cost, which is all your your meetings and etools for a month. Normally if you don't do the monthly pass, you just pay $12 a week and that's it. I never heard of paying that much for the first meeting.Just so that you know, the entire WW program is changing in 2 weeks so don't buy anything like calculators,scales,etc (if they have any left) because they won't work with the new program. You still buy cookbooks tho (which if you can get,they are cheap now-like $5) because they have the nutritional info and that is still needed to figure out points in the new program.

spryng 11-16-2010 07:35 AM

Yeah I heard about that change coming, makes me even more exicted, I already downloaded the new calculator onto my droid so I shouldn't have to buy any new calculator anytime soon.
Per the ww website the 39 is for the first week fee and registration fee?? I guess I'll know for sure when I'm there today.. but will they go over the plan with me etc? Not just give me my points etc and send me on my way? I just wasn't sure how meetings worked since I've only ever done the at home program. But I must say I'm SOOOO excited and can't wait to join you all! :)

fitbyforty 11-16-2010 09:30 AM

The costs vary through out different parts of the country, but I think they only vary by a few dollars:
Joining fee-$35 (online$25)
seniors-62 years and students 22 years old-$20
weekly fee-traditional fee-$13
seniors and students-$11
they have prepay plans
You have to pay every time you weigh in, but you can go to meetings 7+ days a week if you'd like.

It is too bad they weren't running a free registration promotion.

fitbyforty 11-16-2010 09:32 AM

They usually go over the plan with you at the end of the meeting.I love my meetings.I am also an etools user as well.FYI the message boards on the WW website are free to everyone.Lots of great recipes etc.

MrsBonsai 11-16-2010 10:54 AM

When I rejoined, I joined through the monthly plan that gave me free e-tools. It did not have a starting fee, and actually gave me my 2nd month free. Did you look to see what their monthly pass is right now?

MrsBonsai 11-16-2010 10:59 AM

I just checked the current monthly special at my location:

Monthly Pass
Unlimited meetings each month
Automatically renews at $39.95 each month, that's $9.22 per week on average.
Includes FREE Registration
FREE eTools - Internet weight-loss companion

I personally would not buy any books right now. I'd wait for the new program which rolls out on the 29th. The book they give you for weighing in each week has a basic points list in it already, along with a slide rule for points and activity points. They will have little free booklets for tracking. And you will get your week 1 materials. :) So really, you do not need to purchase anything other than your member dues or any sign-up fees if there are any.

If you do go with the monthly pass, then you just need to print out your monthly pass this first month, and then you can present that each week you go in.

spryng 11-16-2010 01:33 PM

thanks all!! yeah I just got home and I'm psyched! it only cost me the 39 to join and I got my first weeks booklets.. I'm so excited to be on this plan again :) They said since I'll be switching plans in two weeks to just hold off on buying anything extra and that the new calcs are just gonna be 10 bucks in two weeks, so that isn't bad at all. So I'll do momentum for two weeks and then switch.

ducktape54 12-04-2010 07:38 PM

good luck!