Old 11-28-2010, 09:05 PM   #121  

Default Weight Watchers Books and literature.

I am new to this. I used weight watchers for a while but I never signed up for the meetings or anything. I bought the books and all of the info on ebay and I was wondering about the new Weight Watchers 2011 info. I want to join Weight Watchers on-line and I and since I have never done it before, so I was wondering when I sign up will I get the books and info from weight watchers with the membership or will I have to purchase them separately?
Any bit of info would help......thank you
melrmm99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 09:09 PM   #122  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

you don't get books online but all the info is there plus you always have the message board on there
me4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 09:24 PM   #123  

Thank you for the info me4life
melrmm99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 12:06 PM   #124  

I think if you are a member, when you go in to weigh during the week it launches you'll get a new calculator/slider and a start up book. That is what they did when they introduced the core plan. I like the idea of a new plan, but I rely heavily on my old weight watchers cookbooks...I guess I'll just have to go thru my favorite ones and favorite recipes and redo the points. It rolls out in Canada December 6th.
JuliaReese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 12:35 PM   #125  
Goodbye baby weight!

S/C/G: 206/ticker/155

Height: 5"3

ok - so any of you in the US have you checked out the new plan online?
I'm wondering how you figure out your daily points allowance on the new plan... on the old plan I get 24 pts per day.....

I'm in Canada and they aren't launching the new program till our meeting next week... but I think you guys in the US have access to it today!

anyways if anyone can tell me I'd appreciate it!
skyootr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:25 PM   #126  
Less of a Better Me

There is a questionaire when you log in. If your ticker is right you are likely going to be at 29 daily points though. I'm at 196.8 and am 5'4" and get 29 points and that is the minimum.

If you go to meetings when you weigh in they give you your points. I went to a meeting Sunday and got my points there but also got it online since I do recording online.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:37 PM   #127  
Goodbye baby weight!

Thanks Koshka! I was just curious as we won't get our new materials till next week at the meeting - Canada is a week behind the USA in rolling out the program!! but thanks for the info!
Old 11-29-2010, 03:28 PM   #128  
I CAN DO THIS!!!!!

S/C/G: 233/ticker/133

Height: 5'6.5

Is anyone else having trouble with logging in to the weight watcher website? I am not able to access my account to add my points for the day. I have my meeting tomorrow so I assume they are hiding the website from me till then.

I hope this new point system is something I will be able to do. I like weight watchers because it is almost effortless. I wont like it as much if I it is more work.
ATXchic924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:10 PM   #129  
Less of a Better Me

Trying clearing your cache.

So far the program doesn't seem like more work except that you do have to calculate the new points. I'm sure that as time goes on I will remember foods that I eat a lot so I think it will be fine.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 01:13 PM   #130  

Can you order books, points calculators, and food scales online on the WW online site?

I am not seeing them but I haven't joined yet either.

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by me4life View Post
you don't get books online but all the info is there plus you always have the message board on there
Dawn415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:24 PM   #131  

Has anyone checked out Wiki? They posted the new calculation for the US ProPoints. Just google Weight Watchers Wiki.

I'm wondering if it works for most items?

I'd love to know my daily points allowance.
I'm 5'8" female and I weight 180 at the moment, looking to weight 165.
Anyone got some tips on that?
misscoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:54 PM   #132  
Fit to be Healthy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscoffee View Post
Has anyone checked out Wiki? They posted the new calculation for the US ProPoints. Just google Weight Watchers Wiki.

I'm wondering if it works for most items?

I'd love to know my daily points allowance.
I'm 5'8" female and I weight 180 at the moment, looking to weight 165.
Anyone got some tips on that?
I need your age.
MrsBonsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:32 PM   #133  

Oops, I'm 25

Is there an online calculator yet for this? Or an easier formula? I'm in dire need for more information of this plan and Canada is keeping us out of the loop until who knows when. I called a couple centers in my province and they were not willing to say when the official date was for the release of PointPlus.
misscoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:44 PM   #134  
trying to impress myself

S/C/G: 296/see ticker!/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshka View Post
That is correct on the number of points. That is the one thing that concerns me. I still have 50 pounds to lose and my points will never go down. That doesn't seem quite right to me but we'll see.
this was a good point- if you have more weight to lose, what happens? anyone talk to a leader about this? (i do WW online)
fillupthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:44 AM   #135  
Goodbye baby weight!

misscoffee - I'm in Canada too - BC and they are releasing the program on Monday I am told (my meeting is Tuesday and we will have all the new info/books etc. available at that time...
I've been told at the info will also be available online for us starting Sunday... so we shall see!