3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Weight Watchers > Momentum / Flex

New WW Plan for 2011?

Old 11-05-2010, 09:34 AM   #61

Default Looks interesting..

Here's a link to an article about how the program will work in the UK. I had to do some conversions to understand the measurements, but it looks interesting. I for one never understood why salmon was so high in points but so good for you. I always thought you should have gotten a "discount" for the healthiness
nancyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 09:53 PM   #62

Thanks!
I have been in a plateau for almost three months, so I hope I can lose
the extra pounds with the new system.
Thank you so much for the info.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:19 PM   #63

S/C/G: 179.6/169/150

Height: 5'7"

Default WW changes

There is an article on CNN.com that details the changes coming to WW starting November 28th.
Nmhawes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:47 AM   #64

Hi There
New to today so wanted to say hello and answer your question
Yes the new plan was launched yesterday and fruit and veg at last are free and I believe that they have lowered the points value on things like lean meat etc
I actually do another programme after many years of doing the ww and being a leader for ten years , I find this one to be so flexible and fruit and veg meat and carbs are free on it , you do have limitations and it works as i have lost over 17lbs with them , I guess this is why ww decided to make fruit and veg free as it is working for people on this programme
I hated the points plan never did well on it at all to much freedom to eat rubbish instead of healthy preferred the one before which was much more balanced
It would be good to see what this one has to offer though
gingernut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:59 AM   #65

Just read a post that says that you don't have slimming world in the USA you do now as they launched a couple of months ago
This is the one i do now and love it , it took me three tries to get my head round the fact that you don't need to weigh and measure every thing and that i can eat as much rice pasta and potatoes as i want at meal times as well as as much chicken salmon in fact any of the proteins and also unlimited fruit and veg and muller light yoghurt I find this fascinating as I taught the weight watchers plan for ten years plus and drummed it into the members that they had to portion control and here I am slimmer now eating till I am comfortably full I love this sw programme ( not the green and red the extra easy ) and have got a lot of my ex members to join who also love it , It is just getting your head round it all
gingernut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:59 AM   #66

S/C/G: 390.4/288.6/160

Height: 5'7"

Default Not Thrilled...

I have lost 101.8 in exactly 10 months on the points, and I suppose I am fine with the change. I do not handle change well, but whatever, I am sure it will be fine. My real issue is that the fact that I lost a 30+ dollar scale and now it is garbage? That is not ok. They should have pulled those scales a long time ago, because they have known this was coming for a long time. I do hope they step up and make good on the products people have purchased recently.
chele21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:31 PM   #67
Fit to be Healthy!

Everything I've found about Slimming World says it is based on calorie restriction.

The new WW program is not based on calories whatsoever. Calories were completely taken out of the points equation.

Seems very restrictive to me.

Did you see the new Youtube video of WW pres talking about why they no longer use calories whatsoever?
MrsBonsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:09 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joycelyn View Post
...like for example the Vitatops everyone (including me) is nuts about. I really hope that just because something has a lot of fiber pumped in, the point value will no longer be artificially low.

I hope points will finally be a true representation of actual calories in a food. It looks like it will be!

And don't forget to go into the official WW U.K. boards on 11/7 or 11/8. They are unveiling their plan that day and speculation is that ours will be quite similar. Finally! It will be fun to lurk and get info.
I just went to ww united kingdom. It looks great. Only problem is because of stomach problems, I really should not eat raw veggies and fruit. I guess I will eat more cooked veggies and I can eat canned fruit. Hope that is included
nannylynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:24 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilliemamma View Post
I am wondering if they will take back the books I spent $20 on and give me new ones if they make them. I like the food companion and dining out companions.
I have at least 6 books. pocket calculator and the scale. They will not take it back as it is all on sale. they are trying to get rid of the stuff. I have been a WW since 1964, you can only guess all the stuff I have been left with, but the diet works. I have just gotten to goal, a second time with a weight loss of 100 pounds. never give up
Old 11-08-2010, 05:56 PM   #70

S/C/G: 195.5/153/135

Height: 5' 6"

This is stressing me out... I have been very happy with Weight Watchers and I "know" almost every single point total off the top of my head and can calculate restaurant foods easily.

I feel like I have to learn this all over now! I guess EXTRA incentive to try and hit goal before this change - or I may give it a shot, or just switch to calorie counting...

One dancing carrot for every TEN pounds lost
Shytowngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:56 PM   #71

S/C/G: 196/149.8/135

Height: 5'3"

darn....i am doing ww at home and will have not way to get the new books
Old 11-10-2010, 07:59 PM   #72

Default Nice!

I'm so glad a change is on the horizon.....to keep on saying that you can eat whatever you want as long as you track it MAKES sense, but I don't think enough emphasis was made on the "filling foods"....that's where the focus needs to be. It's a great program; I enjoy it EVERY time I join....ha ha...I don't know if that's good or bad?
Raydee8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:04 PM   #73
Vjw

Default New ww 2011 plan

I just read it will be called points plus. There is a new cookbook, trademark and calculator. Well we will see in a few weeks!
Vjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:13 PM   #74

You can pre-order WW new cookbook on Amazon.
aleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 02:44 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleka View Post
You can pre-order WW new cookbook on Amazon.
is that a cookbook with the new plan......
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.