Old 07-20-2010, 01:37 PM   #1  
Haley wants to run!

Height: 5'9"

Default switching back to WW

once again i'm switching from calorie counting to WW. I wish i could just stay with one thing and stick to it. anyone else constantly switch between plans but not really dedicate yourself 100% to anything! GRRR! anyone want to be my buddy lol maybe that will help.

also i had read on a post a couple weeks ago of someone who counted calories and started counting at a certain time in the evening i.e. 6pm and then 6pm the next day was a complete day. any thoughts on that? in the evening is when i always go over my points/cals but during the day i can go without as many if i had to but i normally don't know how many i'll consume at night because my planning always falls through at night.

Last edited by Haley8203; 07-20-2010 at 01:46 PM.
Haley8203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 02:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 203/197/145

Height: 5'4"

I too just switched back to WW after counting calories.... I also need to commit. I am going to my first weigh in tomorrow. I am a life time member who has gained all her weight back but.... I have a beautiful daughter... She was worth it.

I'd love to buddy up! I have been posting in the menu thread and I think it helps to keep me in check!
Karrebeaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 02:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Haleygirl - hi there, I totally forgot about the nightime counting. I actually did that for awhile with points and it really does work for us nightime eaters.

My day starting with supper & was 24 hours. By counting dinner and snacks then I knew exactly what I had left for my lighter meals of breakfast, lunch and snack. I have no idea why I stopped this - probably to try something else.

Good luck - try it, it does work!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 03:48 PM   #4  
Haley wants to run!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrebeaar View Post
I too just switched back to WW after counting calories.... I also need to commit. I am going to my first weigh in tomorrow. I am a life time member who has gained all her weight back but.... I have a beautiful daughter... She was worth it.

I'd love to buddy up! I have been posting in the menu thread and I think it helps to keep me in check!
i know what you mean. i had lost 80lbs and then i was pregnant and gained 110lbs then lost 70lbs when i had a really active job and now here i am gained back the 70 since i don't have that job anymore. this stinks lol

do you have aim or do you just want to pm here and there and check in?
Old 07-20-2010, 03:50 PM   #5  
Haley wants to run!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit2 View Post
Haleygirl - hi there, I totally forgot about the nightime counting. I actually did that for awhile with points and it really does work for us nightime eaters.

My day starting with supper & was 24 hours. By counting dinner and snacks then I knew exactly what I had left for my lighter meals of breakfast, lunch and snack. I have no idea why I stopped this - probably to try something else.

Good luck - try it, it does work!
thanks i'll def try that starting tonight 6 is a good time for me. i'm at work all day and if i don't bring food i can't eat since i can't afford a deli or anything but at night i'm surrounded by my kitchen and it's too hard so i think starting at night to count will help
Old 07-20-2010, 07:27 PM   #6  
weight watching

Hi haleygirl! I'm a plan switcher too, and have promised myself NOT to do it again this time. It does not lead ton weight loss.

I've never tried the night counting, but it seems to work for a lot of people, so try it.
Bloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 05:06 PM   #7  

Height: 5'3"

I am a switcher, most recently from IE. My last good weight loss was weight watchers though. I am hoping I can stick to it, and it will work for me again.
bonnie824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:11 AM   #8  

Ugh! I am a switcher too! In fact, I am on here now trying to decide whether I'm better off going with calorie counting or WW. I've had success with WW in the past (along with a lot of unsucessful repeat attempts). I always feel like I should be able to do lose weight on my own because I know what to eat, points values, etc., but I never stick to plan or follow through long enough to see results. And then the next question is if I rejoin WW, should I go to meetings or stick to the online program? I'm the heaviest I've ever been, and a big part of that is my switching programs. Glad to know I'm not the only one! Good luck!
oceangirl0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:07 PM   #9  
Haley wants to run!

oceangirl-i know how you feel! i'm the same way. i'm on my 2nd week of WW, well back on lol so far so good. good luck!

Bonnie- Good luck!

there's a restarters thread on the main WW forum on here, lots of other people in the same boat.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:45 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 212/179/140

Height: 5'2

Congrats on all the babies! I too just had a baby girl and am switching from a low fat low carb plan (MRC) to WW b/c it is too hard planning my meals different from rest of family. I did WW years ago but I wasn't an honest measurer. This time I am not going to cheat myself. So I would like to buddy up too so I can stick with a plan. I am BF'ing so right now which makes WW awesome cuz I am at 36 points...it will be a whole different story when I get to the lower point range lol!
taytay is offline   Reply With Quote