Is Pasta Slim better than Shirataki brand tofu noodles?

• Saw all the different posts about Shirataki noodles and drove over to Whole Foods today to get a package of the spaghetti noodles to try.

My husband HATES tofu so I knew (even as he was reading the package) that he wouldn't try them. While looking at the packages and deciding between spaghetti, angel hair, and fettuccine, my husband noticed the Pasta Slim brand.

Same calories and nutrition, but we did notice they make a point of saying "no smell" on the package.

I LOVE pasta and would be thrilled to find one that is low calorie. I don't expect these to be just like "the real thing" but would love something to "feed the pasta craving".

Can someone tell me if I need to rinse these like the Shirataki brand? They say the DO NOT need to be parboiled, but I am wondering about rinsing and patting dry before putting spaghetti sauce on them???

Marie
  • I know this post is a bit old, but I'll answer anyway... I like Pasta Slim MUCH better.

I give them a quick rinse and that's it, no stink. In fact, you've inspired me to go get some more!