Old 06-06-2010, 05:47 AM   #1  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Red face debating whether to join WW again

Hi-

I am debating whether or not to join WW again. If I did it I'm not sure if I would do online or meetings. I like online better but I do like the support of meetings.

The thing is I have tried WW so many times and then quit it because I got bored. I rebel easily against things and get bored easily. I have about 100 lbs to lose.

Right now I'm keeping a food journal which helps but it doesn't hold me accountable enough as only meeting a certain number of points would. I just don't know if that would drive me crazy too.

Any ideas, suggestions?

Thanks!
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 06:19 AM   #2  
Cute, Curvy, Coquettish

Location: Manchester, New Hampshire. Originally from California

S/C/G: 192.5/180ish- I think! /150.0

Height: 5'1"

I contemplated joining WW a few weeks ago. Even went as far as posting in the WW forum.

Then at the last minute I did a 360 and didn't join. Yipes!

Getting to the heart why I didn't want to rejoin (from the help of my therapist, love him) he said I wasn't ready for the rigid program.

Though WW is considered a lifestyle, there is still parameters.

He suggested I make a plan that I can follow and of course implement exercise.

So I'll give it a whirl.

By the way, I get bored very easily also.

Not sure if my information helped, but wanted to share.
bunny43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 07:03 AM   #3  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

thanks and good luck to you with your weight loss journey...
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 07:49 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 265/245/150 SW/CW/GW

Height: 5" 6"

Default Hi Seabiscuit

I too debated a few weeks ago about whether or not to rejoin WW but eventually decided just to do it at home on my own. I've joined and quit probably 10-15 times over the last 20 years and for a long time didn't even want to write down points but then it hit me. My past attempts to lose weight has failed but each and every time I did WW I lost weight. In the last 3 weeks I have lost 11 lbs, so glad I committed to doing this and you will be too whether you go to the meetings or do it online.

Maybe you could go and join and then if you decide you don't want to keep going to meetings but doing the program either switch to online or just do it yourself.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!
huntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:25 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 203/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

I did join WW a few weeks ago and have really hated it. I think using "points" is silly when they should be asking you to track calories and fat. I hate going to a restaurant and not having any idea how many points things are even if I know how many calories. Also, I did WW for 1 week and actually gained 1 lb (and didn't even use my flex points). At the start of the second week, I also started tracking my caloric intake on thedailyplate.com and found that a lot easier (and more effective -- I'm 2 pounds down) for the following reasons:

- Gives you information about what you need to stay healthy by speaking to you in real terms: sodium intake, fat, calories, etc.
- The online search function for foods is easier to use.
- The foods they have listed in their database include many more things than WW. On WW, I constantly have to figure out how many calories, fat and fiber is in everything to calculate points since they don't have even basic things (like 100 calorie popcorn packs or sugar-free jello) in their database.
- TheDailyPlate food database includes information about most restaurants (chili's, applebees, etc.), where WW only has fast food chain information.
- TheDailyPlate has a more exhaustive list of exercise options than WW's online exercise tracker.

and most importantly:

THE DAILY PLATE IS FREE!

Hope that helps!
girlinwaterglobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:43 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 185/156/145

Height: 5 ft. 4 inches

My Sister-In-Law has gone to Weight Watchers. She decided to just do the diet this time! She's doing Great! I think the support you get on here should be enough. If you'll find a daily Weigh In here, that's really helped me. Just do what Feels right for You! Good Luck!
llmw1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 03:50 PM   #7  
jenma

Smile

I have done WW in the past and lost 65lbs over a year and a half and have gained back about 20lbs (no fault of WW) and am back to the WW basics and am down 4 lbs in a couple of weeks. I like the meetings, but once you have been going for awhile, it gets very repetitive.
So this time around I am doing it on my own.
My suggestion if you don't care for all the counting and tracking, maybe you should try the WW "Core" program. That's what it was called when I was doing it, but now it is called Simply Filling. You just eat off of the list (huge) until satisfied and just keep track of your extra 35points for the week. I found it easy and it really worked for me.
Also, this forum is great for finding great recipes and food ideas to keep things interesting. I have to find new things to fix and eat all the time, otherwise the boredom does set in. WW does work. As with all lifestyle changes, it takes time to learn the ins and outs, but it does get easier. I think in "points" everywhere I go and with everything I eat. It has become second nature for me and it will for you too, if you give it time.
Good luck to you, in whatever you choose. This sight is great for support if ya need any as well.
Jenny
howey5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 11:07 AM   #8  
Going to be a mommy!

S/C/G: 255/225/200

Height: 5'4" Age: 31

Talking Well...

I am probably biased but I LOVE IT! I have been attending meetings faithfully for over a year and a half now.... (this is my fourth time joining-)

The times WW doesn't work for me is really my fault- I fail to track, I don't follow the plan one some point- I think for me I need the specific guidelines of WW- I am not good at monitoring my own food intake- and I love the supportive nature of the meetings.

I personally feel counting points is easier than counting calories and fat- Smaller numbers. LOL But 50 calories is roughly one point, depending on fiber content. The previous poster who commented on restaurants food is right, but you need to chose your restaurant wisely, and do your online research first. You can find point inf on Dotties weight loss zone or the companies website directly- if you can't you might consider not choosing that restruant but picking one you can be in control of the points, etc- Knowledge is power!

You can lose weight on any plan as long as you are consistent and patient so you can be in for the long haul!

Exercise is VERY important as well, but start in slowly so you can keep this up as well... Going in with guns blazing can burn you out quick on exercise. (i am speaking from past experience). LOL

In short, you have to do what is best for you. What helps you lose weight? It might be WW or maybe not. I really think your the only one who can answer this.

Enjoy your weight loss journey whatever you chose!
akacutie is offline   Reply With Quote